The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
I can do that. But I think there may be levels to it.

For example, when reading fiction I can't imagine characters based on their descriptions. I usually have zero idea how these characters look. If I have any idea how they look, it's maybe just one feature like skin color and definitely not super specific things like eye color, hair length, etc.

This is probably weird coming from a writer but I've never been able to create in my mind new faces, no matter how much detail is provided. Same with meeting new people - even if I spend an hour or two with you, I won't be able to imagine your face afterward. I'll then worry that if we meet again, I won't recognize you.

Go rent a lake house for a weekend, go fishing on the lake, smoke some weed in the evening and sit by the fire.

I think you could benefit a lot from getting out of your head for a minute and just let yourself be. Your imagination will begin to churn once again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have this theory that any man who is in favor of mandatory vacxcinations have a significant other who is either:

1) fat
2) ugly
3) cheating on him
4) all of the above

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
The flooding in BC has rocked the supply chain here.

During the day there are lines for gas. The Provincial government has asked people to not fill up more than 30L (8 gallons) of gas until Dec 1 to help ensure we don't run out. I filled up at midnight with no issue.

Walmart had a lot of empty shelves today, mostly produce, meats, and dairy. Felt like the beginning of COVID all over again.

I think they were planning on opening one of the highways this weekend so we should start to stabilize shortly.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Wanted to share one of my personal achievements, for the longest time I wanted to back squat 225lbs/102kg. About 10 days ago, I was squatting and my legs were feeling really good. I typically squatted in the 185-190lb range for 5-8 reps.

Because I never attempted 225 and my legs were feeling really good, I said, F*ck it. I’ve always wanted to try 225 since Highschool. If I fail, I fail.

So I loaded up 40lbs more than my usual squat weight and attempted 225. To my surprise, I ended up doing 2 sets of 3 reps and a final set of 2 reps on that day. That same week I attempted 230-235lbs and successfully hit 2 reps with those weights.

Today I just finished leg day and now I’m doing 225lbs/102kg 3 sets of 5!

Two plates was a big personal achievement for me since I wanted to do it ever since I was in Highschool. Now that I’ve been taking my lifting much more seriously, I’ve been going up in weight, building my strength and gaining size. And actually, 225lbs was in my 1/1/5/10/20 plan. I’m a year early :). Time to work towards my goal of a 315lb squat (5 year goal), I’m sure I can achieve it in a year or two.

Video of my first ever 225lb squat attempt: First time 225lb/102kg squat

Current bodyweight ranges from 178-181lbs depending on how much I eat during the day. I’ve been bulking and so far have bulked up from 160lbs (from about July/August).

Currently looking at getting a new lifting belt just to protect my back during lifts.

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021

The residents will receive a "bitcoin yield" from the city cryptocurrency the Miami mayor says.​

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
491%
Aug 13, 2018

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I've been running thought experiments on how something like this might work. I'm not sure how you'd manage for 15 teachers to effectively teach 1,000 kids. That would be a really high student-teacher ratio. For some subjects, I can see it working (kids watch the video and do their assignments) but for others (like teaching a child to read) it would be really hard to pull it off. For other subjects, it would be hard to grade assignments (and it would be hard to deliver an effective course without graded assignments).

It would be the content/systems helping a parent teach their own kid.

So it would need a parent for sure. But for some parts of the day, the kid could learn by themselves.

Also, have it so you send out books and writing material so the kid is only online for a small part of the day.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Is this really what our universities are about? Do people really need help processing the Rittenhouse situation? It makes me concerned for the youth in this country.

Keyword: "segregated"

Wow!!! We are going backwards, and it isn't because of the right to self defense.

KindRibEye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Oct 1, 2021
Keyword: "segregated"

Wow!!! We are going backwards, and it isn't because of the right to self defense.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong with segregation?

Things are getting weird.

Man, I should get into the body bag industry, I'd clean up during the upcoming civil war.......

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Why does anything related to taxes have to make 0 sense?

Derives the item(s) of income for which the treaty benefits are claimed, and, if applicable, meets the requirements of the treaty provision dealing with limitation on benefits

What does that even mean?? I hate this crap

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

it kind of sounds like English, doesn’t it?

Yet reading it 5 times, I still don’t get it.

:rofl:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

Looks like you're researching international tax jurisdictions which have an income tax treaty?
Welcome to my world, no wonder I'm always grumpy...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
it kind of sounds like English, doesn’t it?

Yet reading it 5 times, I still don’t get it.

:rofl:
I should have posted the potential answers from the drop down menu, all they did was confuse me further. Doing a duckduckgo search of it only made it more confusing.

Looks like you're researching international tax jurisdictions which have an income tax treaty?
Welcome to my world, no wonder I'm always grumpy...
Yes. Between USA and Canada. Earning income from USA to be paid through a corporation in Canada. Ugh. I want someone else to figure all of this out for me.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I should have posted the potential answers from the drop down menu, all they did was confuse me further. Doing a duckduckgo search of it only made it more confusing.

Yes. Between USA and Canada. Earning income from USA to be paid through a corporation in Canada. Ugh. I want someone else to figure all of this out for me.
Generally there is a "safe" way and a "cheap" way to look at this. Happy to chat for a couple minutes if you want

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Listeners will know I mentioned this on the show many times…

D06AD30C-6BA2-4544-A110-2FF4656DB177.jpeg
Elon with is arm in the door of a crusty old BMW… 1995. At this moment, he had no idea how the next 25 years would unfold. He, like many of us, presumably, just had a screwed up window motor.

Instead of paying a mechanic, he made the decision to drive himself to an auto parts store, buy a part, and take his time putting it in.

Now, I’m the type to do the same, but when I think about Elon’s life, it seems like an utter waste of millions for him to even give a microscopic damn about his own private car in 2021.

As much as I’m totally cool with doing my own car work, giving the car away because it needs an oil change sounds more fun.

Stay the course.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Listeners will know I mentioned this on the show many times…

View attachment 40872
Elon with is arm in the door of a crusty old BMW… 1995. At this moment, he had no idea how the next 25 years would unfold. He, like many of us, presumably, just had a screwed up window motor.

Instead of paying a mechanic, he made the decision to drive himself to an auto parts store, buy a part, and take his time putting it in.

Now, I’m the type to do the same, but when I think about Elon’s life, it seems like an utter waste of millions for him to even give a microscopic damn about his own private car in 2021.

As much as I’m totally cool with doing my own car work, giving the car away because it needs an oil change sounds more fun.

Stay the course.
It's so funny how life can snowball like that. In this photo, Elon is probably doing exactly what he wants to be doing and should be doing. He has no idea he's going to be the richest man in the world.

He's probably gaining valuable knowledge about cars here that later helps him lead and understand Tesla from an engineering standpoint.

Only now does it make sense for him to skip this step. Every little action has the potential to compound into something massive if followed by the correct subsequent action, and it's just crazy how small someone can start.

This is why, to me, having a bit of work experience is a huge edge before starting a business.

I'm sure @MJ DeMarco didn't want to drive limos for the rest of his life, but look at where it took him.

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
I enjoyed this video on spending money for show or to satisfy a warped idea of success and the freedom/power traded away in exchange:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Remember when oil went negative a couple years ago?

Now they're manufacturing a fake crisis to pretend like there's no supply of oil.

Well, actually, there is a shortage - but it's completely man-made. They blocked production, shut down pipelines, taxed the pump, and more.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
64CF69F5-43D0-4E07-9555-597644C324FC.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You can't really enjoy anything that you didn't take risks or make sacrifices for.

Remember that the next time you ask yourself why you're working so hard - we can't appreciate anything that comes easily.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.