The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Today in the middle of a sweaty gym session I thought of a tagline that matches my value proposition for a new service. Great ideas sometimes come when you're not at your desk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Today in the middle of a sweaty gym session I thought of a tagline that matches my value propsition for a new service. Great ideas sometimes come when you're not at your desk.
Usually they happen in the shower!

Random aside: I’ve seen people try to invent shower note taking stuff, which is a great idea, but I’ve never found those practical.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Usually they happen in the shower!

Random aside: I’ve seen people try to invent shower note taking stuff, which is a great idea, but I’ve never found those practical.
I already invented it. It’s my brain. If the idea is awesome enough, I’ll be there after I’m done showering. Haha ;)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don't know where to ask this but it's a simple one.

What do you use for a dedicated business phone line? I want a dedicated phone number so I don't have to use my personal phone number. I'm looking for something that is reliable but inexpensive.

I used to use Ooma back in 2017 but they raised their prices quite a bit. I had to buy a separate phone box and a cordless phone to use it. It worked well and I still have the equipment, but they are pricey. I don't even know if they use the boxes anymore - it looks like a flat router and a cordless phone was patched into it.

Some research has led me to using Google Voice.

One thing I'm concerned about is being able to screen spam phone calls on my personal cellphone. I get a lot of them so if I route to my personal cellphone and I don't recognize the number, I'm afraid I probably won't answer -- I also don't want random companies trying to sell me stuff and having it ring on my personal phone all day.

On the other hand, it would be nice to not need a separate box and cordless phone to make phone calls, when/if needed.
RoboKiller is my favorite app ever. It screens calls from people outside of my contacts. Most spam callers just give up there.

I use Google Voice for my office number. I use HD phones over fiber from a company called Obahai that hook right to my Google voice number. It will also forward to my cell.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
TLDR: Don't live each day as if it were your last - live each day as if you'd have to relive your life exactly the same again and again forever.

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you in your loneliest loneliness and say to you:

'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself.

The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!'

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced the tremendous moment when you would have answered ‘You are a god and I never had heard anything more divine!’ If this thought took possession of you, it would change you as you are, or perhaps crush you.

The question on each and every thing ‘Do you desire this once more, and innumerable times more?’ would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate confirmation and seal?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3wyELZaKzo

This is a daft idea.

Life involves doing stuff that isn't that fun, so that we can enjoy the stuff that is fun.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
RoboKiller is my favorite app ever. It screens calls from people outside of my contacts. Most spam callers just give up there.

I use Google Voice for my office number. I use HD phones over fiber from a company called Obahai that hook right to my Google voice number. It will also forward to my cell.

My good friend was one of the main guys who created this - cool to see it mentioned here.

He sold out a while back and now just travels a bunch and owns cool apartments in great cities.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
This is a daft idea.

Life involves doing stuff that isn't that fun, so that we can enjoy the stuff that is fun.
I disagree, it's imperative paramount to have fun every day. No one can guarantee the next day of their life.

you must work hard and have fun. If you really prioritize things your day's worth of important work could be done in less than 4 hours though that would require you to understand the disbalance of importance, elimination, automation, and delegation.

as gray Keller puts it in his book the one thing(Highly recommended)
Extraordinarily successful people launch their year by taking time out to plan their time off. Why? They know they’ll need it and they know they’ll be able to afford it. In truth, the most successful simply see themselves as working between vacations. On the other hand, the least successful don’t reserve time off, because they don’t think they’ll deserve it or be able to afford it. By planning your time off in advance, you are, in effect, managing your work time around your downtime instead of the other way around.

from personal experience, there should be some fun every day else you regret that you didn't live your life and that business you were ACTION FAKING(with some real action) on didn't work out.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Can any of you recommend reputable digital marketing Twitter / Instagram accounts with only 10K-100K followers?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Yeah I was already following the last 3 and I'd heard of the first one. Good accounts.

Dici's account is funny - I follow him more for amusement than business advice.

Though I was looking to build lists of marketing agencies using Instagram / Twitter by using accounts that marketing people tend to follow.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
If you get Google Voice, your phone looks different when it rings, so you can tell that it's a Google Voice call.

I have also used Gotoconnect for a business phone, and it's a lot more professional.

Thanks. I will probably focus down on Google Voice for now just to have something. If I need to upgrade or something needs to change, I'll go after something a little more professional. Right now, I only foresee using it to make calls but I know from past experience that I'll probably start getting sales calls.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts," Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman once said.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"I'm not upset that you lied to me. I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."

-Nietzsche

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I hope people realize that precedents are being set right now and that if you can be forced to get medicine now, you will always be able to be forced to take certain medicines in the future.
I agree, but what can we realistically do about it?

1) Move away (only works if there are still places to go)
2) Violence on a massive scale / civil war (unrealistic, and also probably not enough people on "our" side)

What else?

Voting/politics certainly won't help.

Here in Germany, the majority of people supports all of this bullshit.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You can use Google to search other websites.

Example: If you're having trouble finding someone on LinkedIn using LinkedIn search, you could instead search the following in Google:

site: linkedin.com/in/ {name} {company}

You can use quotes to find exact matches.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

2) Violence on a massive scale / civil war (unrealistic, and also probably not enough people on "our" side)

What else?

I know there are people advocating option number 2, but I also know the powers that be are already locked down pretty tight on would-be patriots.

The January 6th thing has been used pretty heavily to block any kind of dissent as "radical," "anti-American," "un-patriotic" and/or "conspiracy theory."

This is also what makes voting/politics seem less effective because the demoralization effort has been working.

-- anyway this is all really negative, so my apologies. It is the rant thread though.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
The January 6th thing has been used pretty heavily to block any kind of dissent as "radical," "anti-American," "un-patriotic" and/or "conspiracy theory."
Yeah, similar here. Basically, if you deviate at all from the mainstream opinion, you are a nazi. Its especially toxic right now, because we have elections coming up in a few weeks.

-- anyway this is all really negative, so my apologies. It is the rant thread though.
I'm trying to block out the negative political bullshit and focus on business and other positive things. Sometimes I'm successful for at least a few weeks, but most of the time not. If anybody has some good tips on how to achieve that, my ears are wide open.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm trying to block out the negative political bullshit and focus on business and other positive things. Sometimes I'm successful for at least a few weeks, but most of the time not. If anybody has some good tips on how to achieve that, my ears are wide open.
Totally understand, and I need to do the same.

Send me a message if you want, curious what you’re working on!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
To get off the topic of the "2020-pox":

I really, really like my ebike. I'm still in the honeymoon phase since I just started riding it this weekend, but it's bloody awesome. I'm getting a workout without realizing it and when the leaves start to change color, the trails (really all the streets in the neighborhood) will be absolutely gorgeous. It's all the fun of cycling with less of the sweat, and as a result, cyclists hate these lol. (Also because once these things become popular, people will be people and start behaving poorly on trails and roads)

So far, the only car trip it hasn't been able to replace is Costco. Most things are within 2 miles of my house so it makes no sense to drive to those places, but I live in a typical suburb so it's not a walkable place. The ebike is the perfect happy medium. For me.

We're not going car free any time soon (winter still exists after all), but I like that this is something that I can directly do to reduce my own carbon footprint rather than bitch and moan about the environment or whatever.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

What else?

Just say no. There are many people, maybe even the majority that agree. The media is pushing a narrative to warp our perspective.

We are made to feel like we are a vast minority, when in reality, we’re probably the majority; perhaps even vastly so.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.