The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
One of my favorite restaurants is barely ever open. It really irritates me as their window of service is only from noon to 4 on weekdays.
And even then sometimes I arrive at 3:15 and it's got the closed sign.

I'm here again and the place is packed.

Seems like a marketing strategy lesson is in there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
4B8FD49A-1FFD-41AC-AED1-0FBD726409C4.jpeg
By this definition… The official “government” of a nation is just the terrorist organization that won.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Government is the strongest gang of pillagers in a given area. That's how governments started. The various gangs fought each other and the strongest one settled as government.

It's better to force subjugated populations to pay a fee for your troubles. Pillaging them once and then having to let them build back is inefficient. Looting is a risky activity, even for the most expert marauders. Just disguise yourself as their protector to keep siphoning resources from them. Which we could call...I don't know...taxation maybe?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
It's better to force subjugated populations to pay a fee for your troubles. Pillaging them once and then having to let them build back is inefficient. Looting is a risky activity, even for the most expert marauders. Just disguise yourself as their protector to keep siphoning resources from them. Which we could call...I don't know...taxation maybe?

If at least everyone paid the same amount in taxes... But no, the ones who contribute more get taxed more and the government dares to keep taxing them even more, vilify them, and use their taxes to buy the votes of the ones who often don't produce anything. A great recipe for prosperity for sure.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Train violence.

Muay Thai, kickboxing, BJJ, Krav Maga, others are fine.

It trains your mind to deal with the uglier sides of life.

I used to train krav maga with a coach one on one. After each 2-hour workout I felt so wrecked as if I had been hit by a train. I eventually stopped training when he wasn't available anymore and I wanted to focus more on other sports.

I store a lot of pent up aggression inside me but this didn't help me get rid of it. It was weird to hit your coach as if you wanted to wreck them. Do you find it helps you manage aggression?

I'm more attracted to raw self-defense only systems rather than showmanship/silly "ancient" techniques that don't translate at all into real-world situations.

Probably the greatest lesson my coach told me was that if you get attacked, you absolutely need to get way more psycho than your attacker. A lot of it is psychology and if you act like a violent psycho killer who's ready for whatever, chances are you'll win through sheer intimidation only (and this applies to both men and women).

My coach said good things about Keysi but as far as I know there are no Keysi coaches where I live. Are you aware of any other pure self-defense "ugly" systems? Or do you suggest a combination of a few disciplines? I guess that perhaps MMA could be a good option to train.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I store a lot of pent up aggression inside me but this didn't help me get rid of it. It was weird to hit your coach as if you wanted to wreck them. Do you find it helps you manage aggression?

I'm usually wary of hurting other people, so I'm the opposite, which is actually detrimental to my learning and my partner's learning. So I'm actually working on being more aggressive actually.

Weightlifting helps with aggression for me. It feels like I'm exorcising demons.

My coach said good things about Keysi but as far as I know there are no Keysi coaches where I live. Are you aware of any other pure self-defense "ugly" systems? Or do you suggest a combination of a few disciplines? I guess that perhaps MMA could be a good option to train.

The best self defense systems are ones where you actually spar because that teaches you to identify the subtle body language of threatening people. I liked Krav because it had weapons training, then I'm back to taking kickboxing class because that is what is in my area.

I also recommend learning how to use a gun.

But the most valuable skill is learning how to think under duress so that you can get the F*ck out of a bad situation.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
ignore all of the negative propaganda on the TV

stay winning

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Never forget where you came from and ALWAYS remember that you're in control of your situation.

Was searching through old PMs on this forum and here's one I found from 2015, one of my lowest points in life. Sent this to another member on here who's no longer around. Sometimes you got to look back to relight the fire in your a$$. Ah, this brings back tears.

Hey buddy, I looked at the sites. Could you please give me some more details.

I'll try to fix the issue with my carrier so that they can reactivate my phone.

Lastly, I know this is probably a long shot (can't believe my life has come to this), but, would it be possible to loan me any amount, $100-500 just so I can repay one of the guys who's "threatening" me that he'll take me to court and shit. I'm a student and I can't afford to go to that length. I owe him exactly $500 CAD ($375 USD). I know your money doesn't grow on trees, so please think of it as a loan.. Just until I can get my shit together.

Regardless if you go through or not, I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart bro. I'm not kidding when I say that bro. I wish I still had my family here.

By the way, his answer was no and I'm super grateful for it. I would've just gambled it away anyways.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Never forget where you came from and ALWAYS remember that you're in control of your situation.

Was searching through old PMs on this forum and here's one I found from 2015, one of my lowest points in life. Sent this to another member on here who's no longer around. Sometimes you got to look back to relight the fire in your a$$. Ah, this brings back tears.

Hey buddy, I looked at the sites. Could you please give me some more details.

I'll try to fix the issue with my carrier so that they can reactivate my phone.

Lastly, I know this is probably a long shot (can't believe my life has come to this), but, would it be possible to loan me any amount, $100-500 just so I can repay one of the guys who's "threatening" me that he'll take me to court and shit. I'm a student and I can't afford to go to that length. I owe him exactly $500 CAD ($375 USD). I know your money doesn't grow on trees, so please think of it as a loan.. Just until I can get my shit together.

Regardless if you go through or not, I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart bro. I'm not kidding when I say that bro. I wish I still had my family here.

By the way, his answer was no and I'm super grateful for it. I would've just gambled it away anyways.
You came far man!

Asking strangers for loans is never really a good idea, but it shows how far you came and How much has changed

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm usually wary of hurting other people, so I'm the opposite, which is actually detrimental to my learning and my partner's learning.

Yeah that's what I'm saying... I couldn't hit hard because it was weird and I didn't want to hurt my coach. But then you're never really practicing with your full power unless you're hitting shields and/or practicing with a person in full protective gear.

The best self defense systems are ones where you actually spar because that teaches you to identify the subtle body language of threatening people. I liked Krav because it had weapons training, then I'm back to taking kickboxing class because that is what is in my area.

100%.

I did have some krav maga weapons training but it was a little silly to practice it in a country where almost nobody owns a gun. Learning how to protect against a knife or a baseball bat was more useful.

I just learned there's a MMA club in my city so maybe I'll try some personal coaching to see what it's like compared to krav maga.

My friend trains BJJ and taught me some stuff but I don't like stuff where they teach you only one limited aspect of self-defense. He himself admitted that if I kicked him in the nuts before he managed to get me down it would be fight over (and krav maga loves fast nut kicks to soften your opponent).

I also recommend learning how to use a gun.

I assume it's super useful in the US. Not so much in most countries around the world where most people have never seen a gun in person. I shot a few different guns at a shooting range just to experience it and to be honest it was terrifying to hold such a lethal weapon in my hands.

Having said that, I guess it wouldn't hurt to still have at least a basic understanding and feel comfortable holding it.

But the most valuable skill is learning how to think under duress so that you can get the f*ck out of a bad situation.

Yeah though will you think clearly under duress if you never experience it? I assume all kinds of stepping outside your comfort zone should help but not necessarily seeking trouble for the sake of learning how to deal with it lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Anyone else tempted to Yolo on Alibaba stock at this point? I’m not going to, but I’m sure I’ll look back on this post in a year and wish I had the balls.
This aged well. HAHA.

I didn’t yolo, but I have an old position. Nothing like losing a few grand on it before you wake up every morning. Like a splash of cool water on your face! Y’all should try it. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This aged well. HAHA.

I didn’t yolo, but I have an old position. Nothing like losing a few grand on it before you wake up every morning. Like a splash of cool water on your face! Y’all should try it. :rofl:

I’m not the one to say “I told you so”, instead @thechosen1 could you do me a favor and tell @Kak that I told him so? Thanks and let’s not argue about it online, mmmkey?

edit: lol at “splash of cold water” a Wim Hoff style kind of morning.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m not the one to say “I told you so”, instead @thechosen1 could you do me a favor and tell @Kak that I told him so? Thanks and let’s not argue about it online, mmmkey?

I’ll be right long term.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

...it's been 7 days

@Kak yeah if you just hold onto it, it will eventually gain something.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
...it's been 7 days

@Kak yeah if you just hold onto it, it will eventually gain something.
Hope @Kak doesn’t have too much $$ into this… I don’t know a thing about most stocks, except my friendship with an early investor in Ali and he’s out. Hence my reply… there are times when even long term doesn’t help.
I could be wrong, but since you asked “who’s got the balls for this play” - my answer is still “nope”.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hope @Kak doesn’t have too much $$ into this… I don’t know a thing about most stocks, except my friendship with an early investor in Ali and he’s out. Hence my reply… there are times when even long term doesn’t help.
I could be wrong, but since you asked “who’s got the balls for this play” - my answer is still “nope”.
Fair enough.

I mean, he also only bought one share.

The biggest risk to $BABA is obviously the CCP, so that is a wild card. Otherwise it's a great business.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Fair enough.

I mean, he also only bought one share.

The biggest risk to $BABA is obviously the CCP, so that is a wild card. Otherwise it's a great business.
In fact,

My dream business would be to build the same thing, but for domestic manufacturers.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don’t, but I do have enough to want it to do well. It could go to zero and it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I don’t make idiotic choices like actually Yoloing on a stock.

I even bought some more today.

Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This should be interesting!

And just like that...millions of content creators shit their pants...

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada

Reminds me of what Tumblr did just a while back

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
OnlyFans isn't banning all nudity. My guess is they'll put out a statement in a few days saying artistic nudes will still be allowed. So basically, they'll be more like Patreon.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Well things are starting to get interesting to say the least in light of today's news. I think Kak's post about leaving the US to somewhere in the Carribean may look tempting given time.

That's new. When I read the "banking partners and payout providers" part it didn't surprise me. There's this big pro women push that the finance sector has been doing putting a lot of female CEOs so if the sw women want someone to blame its other women.

Severe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2021
Marrakesh, Morocco
Today was one of the worst days I've had in weeks. I was planning on renting a car with a friend, booked one from an agency at 10:00AM, woke up at 9:00AM to be prepared beforehand, head directly to the agency to find out that they're closed, I called and there was no answer, they dodged me for two hours until they finally responded to apologize and say there will be a car available at 2:00PM, no problem, I beared the 5 hours that was taken from my time, my life. Anyway, 2:00PM and they're dodging me a second time. At this point I was shocked that such service exists, I was shocked that these guys have been running for 5 years now and making a profit. Turns out, there was no available car and they didn't wanna loose another "potential" customer, little did they know: they've lost two future customers(me and my friend), the owner of the agency wasn't keeping track properly of his cars.. I ended up wasting 10 hours of my life.
This hasn't made me angry as much as it made me want to enter this industry and literally revolutionize it and cut the bread on those who aren't doing a perfect job. I live in a place where business generally and car renting in particular are pretty old fashioned. I'm pretty sure I can make a difference, but I haven't been in this industry before, so.. I only know what a regular customer knows. Thou I know people who are running these kind of agencies and I asked around to check how things are; turns out, there's really an opportunity here. Anyway, I've actually made a commitment to literally revolutionize this industry. I now will be on a journey to make ~$100k to start, as that's kind of the lowest investment one can make(I've made some calculations). Sorry for the rant! And thank you for reading this far. I want to know what's your opinion on it? I think it helps seeing outside perspective.
If this post isn't allowed, please delete.
Thanks again for reading.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Did they ban nude content?

A lot of people are about to learn a hard lesson in the commandment of control...

Tumblr banned porn in 2018, effectively killing the site. They lost so many users (and revenue) by doing it. And it's not clear what were the benefits. Porn was one of tumblr's pillars.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017

Please SEARCH before posting.