The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

tpuffer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Sep 12, 2019

silent

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 19, 2020
I remember times when one of my newborns was sleeping very good too. During the day... It took some time to switch her to sleep at night instead of the day :D

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This is how bad people's social skills are now:

From Virtual Selling by Jeb Blount:

"The sales profession's aversion to talking with people had become so dire that over the past five years, at least half of Sales Gravy's training and consulting engagements have been focused on one thing: teaching and compelling salespeople to pick up the damn phone."

Even F*cking salespeople don't like talking to people. Things are that bad.

To anyone who wants to start a business: you have no competition.

More from Jeb Blount:

"The problem with getting salespeople to use the phone is so prevalent that powerful and sophisticated, omnichannel sales engagement engines, including VanillaSoft, HubSpot Sales Pro, Outreach, and SalesLoft, have become little more than expensive ways for salespeople to send thousands of automated emails cloaked under the guise of sales activity."

Regarding benchmarks (also Jeb Blount):

"Back in January while delivering a two-day Fanatical Prospecting Bootcamp for 200 healthcare sales professionals, we ran live telephone prospecting blocks. The exercise was simple. I asked them to make 15 outbound dials in 15 minutes with the goal of setting one appointment."

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Just want everyone to know that SAP Ariba is the worst F*cking program ever invented and it needs to die in fire.

:D

I can't tell you how many millions of dollars we have lost out on from projects we didn't get because SAP Ariba has such a f*cked up account management and password system.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
LinkedIn is always looking for new ways to annoy me

1623879655519.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

LinkedIn is always looking for new ways to annoy me

View attachment 38458
LinkedIn is becoming too much like Facebook and Twitter.

Posts like that just seem silly to me.

Just to totally give in to the bait though: wouldn’t it depend what the face tattoos are?

I wouldn’t want to hire a waiter for my five star restaurant if he had “F*ck” tattooed on his face.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The wisdom of Nietzche:

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you in your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!' Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced the tremendous moment when you would have answered ‘You are a god and I never had heard anything more divine!’ If this thought took possession of you, it would change you as you are, or perhaps crush you. The question on each and every thing ‘Do you desire this once more, and innumerable times more?’ would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate confirmation and seal?"

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have severe irritability, grumpiness and anxiety.

Im thinking about trying meditation.

What is the best way for me to get started trying to meditate if I have never done it before?

Just like a baby step to try and relax and focus

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

What is the best way for me to get started trying to meditate if I have never done it before?

I've never done just normal meditation, but I like hypnotherapy/ affirmations. I found it helps me relax. First time I did it in person with a hypnotherapist I felt high afterward.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I have an 8 week old baby that sleeps 8-9 hours a night.

View attachment 38451

:rofl:

Dq6P3gT.gif

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This website gives you temporary emails so that you can get around everyone asking for your email to use their service

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Do any of you cold call consistently? I made 30 of them today, and only one person picked. The names on the voicemails matched 70-80% of the time, so it was a quality data set. People just didn't pick up.

Enterprise sales.

A few questions: 1) How much sleep do you get each night? 2) What is your diet like 3) What is your exercise routine like? 4) How much time do you spend around close family and friends? 5) How much sun do you get?

I think that meditation is the wrong answer to stuff like this. Meditation has its place, but in this case, I think that the answer to stress is more stress.

Like I mentioned above, I was cold calling earlier, and the first one was terrifying (it took me 30 minutes to actually pick up the phone), but they got much easier after the first 5. I even felt dramatically more relaxed while out in public. I used to have similar experiences when I would hit on women in public places - the more I did it, the less stress I felt.

Over the last few years, the worst stress that I felt was the result of not gaining traction on my goals, which was mostly due to a lack of clarity. Perhaps you're in a similar boat.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Do any of you cold call consistently? I made 30 of them today, and only one person picked. The names on the voicemails matched 70-80% of the time, so it was a quality data set. People just didn't pick up.

Enterprise sales.

A few questions: 1) How much sleep do you get each night? 2) What is your diet like 3) What is your exercise routine like? 4) How much time do you spend around close family and friends? 5) How much sun do you get?

I think that meditation is the wrong answer to stuff like this. Meditation has its place, but in this case, I think that the answer to stress is more stress.

Like I mentioned above, I was cold calling earlier, and the first one was terrifying (it took me 30 minutes to actually pick up the phone), but they got much easier after the first 5. I even felt dramatically more relaxed while out in public. I used to have similar experiences when I would hit on women in public places - the more I did it, the less stress I felt.

Over the last few years, the worst stress that I felt was the result of not gaining traction on my goals, which was mostly due to a lack of clarity. Perhaps you're in a similar boat.
1. Between 7 and 8 hours usually.
2. Not great. I watch my calories and macros religiously, but the food I eat is mostly microwavable and in a rush. But my weight and all that is great.
3. I lift a couple times per week - would like to do more but my work schedule sucks and I'm always tired when I get home. One of the main reasons I started another business (see INSIDERS threads). On non-lifting days I try to go for long walks because I enjoy the fresh air.
4. Too much time. Ever since I sold my first property I moved back in with my parents and frankly, it's pretty annoying even though I love them a great deal. I own a second property but I'm still renovating it. I see my girlfriend every other day but we mostly hang out on the weekends. Oftentimes I just want to be alone somewhere quiet where I can relax and chill out...
5. Not enough. I am indoors, in my office, all day, all week. I have to drive back and forth too because nobody works remote in our business.

(deleted some private stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Talking to some friends the other day about Ronaldo and the Coca Cola thing, we ended up talking about Ronaldo vs Warren Buffett.

Everyone agreed they would rather be Ronaldo than Buffett, lol.

Curious if anyone would ever choose otherwise

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is how bad people's social skills are now:

From Virtual Selling by Jeb Blount:

"The sales profession's aversion to talking with people had become so dire that over the past five years, at least half of Sales Gravy's training and consulting engagements have been focused on one thing: teaching and compelling salespeople to pick up the damn phone."

Even f*cking salespeople don't like talking to people. Things are that bad.

To anyone who wants to start a business: you have no competition.

More from Jeb Blount:

"The problem with getting salespeople to use the phone is so prevalent that powerful and sophisticated, omnichannel sales engagement engines, including VanillaSoft, HubSpot Sales Pro, Outreach, and SalesLoft, have become little more than expensive ways for salespeople to send thousands of automated emails cloaked under the guise of sales activity."

I actually mention this in my new book, about using the phone. It's one of my principles.

Everyone agreed they would rather be Ronaldo than Buffett, lol.

Not surprising, I'm hoping it was unanimous. Buffett strikes me as a stingy old man who doesn't know how to have fun.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I actually mention this in my new book, about using the phone. It's one of my principles.

Not surprising, I'm hoping it was unanimous. Buffett strikes me as a stingy old man who doesn't know how to have fun.
It was unanimous. I was curious if anybody actually cared enough to choose Buffett since he is probably 1,000 times wealthier.

But Ronaldo makes millions every year, is younger, fit, good looking, has a gorgeous wife and family and plays the sport he loves.

Hard to beat that.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
TSA took $40 worth of honey from me. Even though last month when I flew, it was fine. I'm sad. That is good shit. More reason to get a private jet @Kak

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It was unanimous. I was curious if anybody actually cared enough to choose Buffett since he is probably 1,000 times wealthier.

But Ronaldo makes millions every year, is younger, fit, good looking, has a gorgeous wife and family and plays the sport he loves.

Hard to beat that.

Ok but...as you said Ronaldo is younger (only 36) and is an athlete. Buffet is 90 and all about investing.

There are diminishing returns to wealth.

I'd rather be younger and with the ability to forge my future path. Buffet's life is what it is. It's not very appealing to me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Curious if anyone would ever choose otherwise

They would have to hate their life and have a death wish. At 90, each year, your death probability is roughly 1 in 6. Roll a dice.

I'd rather be younger and with the ability to forge my future path. Buffet's life is what it is. It's not very appealing to me.

It shouldn't be appealing to anyone. At 90, his riches don't matter at all. He's one of the poorest people in the world in the most important asset there is: time.

Made me think of this:

Time is finite. Which is a fancy way of saying that you only have so much of it – then it will run out. When you are young, time seems to stretch into the distance for so far that surely it will always be on your side? When the young catch the old unawares, they may sometimes glimpse a look of naked envy, which is then instantly disguised.

And the old have reason to be envious. Truly, truly, they do.

Ask me what I will give you if you could wave a magic wand and give me my youth back. The answer would be everything I own and everything I will ever own. In The Odyssey we read:

And Achilles replied, ‘Do not speak soothingly to me of death, glorious Odysseus. I would rather live on earth as a bondsman to the meanest peasant, than be king of all the shadows.’

Homer, as always, is right.

If you are young and reading this then I ask you to remember just this: you are richer than anyone older than you, and far richer than those who are much older. What you choose to do with the time that stretches out before you is entirely a matter for you. But do not say you started the journey poor. If you are young, you are infinitely richer than I can ever be again.

Money is never owned. It is only in your custody for a while. Time is always running on, and the young have more of it in their pocket than the richest man or woman alive. That is not sentimentality speaking. That is sober fact.

From Felix Dennis's How to Get Rich. Sadly, he died at 67, over two decades younger than Buffett is now.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
From Felix Dennis's How to Get Rich. Sadly, he died at 67, over two decades younger than Buffett is now.
I was thinking of this exact passage when reading the posts above. To be fair though, Felix had a lot of life in those years lol

From Greg Gutfields blog post at his death:

"Publishing baron, billionaire philanthropist, best-selling author, drug addict, intellectual, Bruce Lee fan, internet renegade, rock singer, genius poet, copious wine drinker, whoring titan, and scary but lovable boss Felix Dennis died over the weekend in his home in England after a few years battling rotten, rotten cancer. If they say cats lead nine lives, Felix surely did – he just happened to lead them all at once. He died in his sixties, but there were 540 years of living packed in them." - Raise a Glass to Felix Dennis - Greg Gutfeld

G

Guest-5ty5s4

They would have to hate their life and have a death wish. At 90, each year, your death probability is roughly 1 in 6. Roll a dice.

It shouldn't be appealing to anyone. At 90, his riches don't matter at all. He's one of the poorest people in the world in the most important asset there is: time.

Made me think of this:

Time is finite. Which is a fancy way of saying that you only have so much of it – then it will run out. When you are young, time seems to stretch into the distance for so far that surely it will always be on your side? When the young catch the old unawares, they may sometimes glimpse a look of naked envy, which is then instantly disguised.

And the old have reason to be envious. Truly, truly, they do.

Ask me what I will give you if you could wave a magic wand and give me my youth back. The answer would be everything I own and everything I will ever own. In The Odyssey we read:

And Achilles replied, ‘Do not speak soothingly to me of death, glorious Odysseus. I would rather live on earth as a bondsman to the meanest peasant, than be king of all the shadows.’

Homer, as always, is right.

If you are young and reading this then I ask you to remember just this: you are richer than anyone older than you, and far richer than those who are much older. What you choose to do with the time that stretches out before you is entirely a matter for you. But do not say you started the journey poor. If you are young, you are infinitely richer than I can ever be again.

Money is never owned. It is only in your custody for a while. Time is always running on, and the young have more of it in their pocket than the richest man or woman alive. That is not sentimentality speaking. That is sober fact.

I agree. Also if you have perfect health, you are rich.

I have a condition that gives me constant headaches and dizziness. Had brain surgery for it a few years ago. It really seems to limit what I can do, though I try to push through it anyway.

I’d rather be poor in perfect health than rich and confined, limited, or ill.

You can make more money, but with your health and your body, you only have one.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ask me what I will give you if you could wave a magic wand and give me my youth back. The answer would be everything I own and everything I will ever own.

Not sure if I'm an anomaly, but I don't feel this way.

I'm perfectly at peace being at the back-end of my life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.