The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

DMNinja

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 14, 2021
Greece/ Cyprus
Wife ordered new Samsung Galaxy phones. Phone is nice. Samsung is gross. So much bloatware. Apps you can't uninstall. Weather Channel app can't be uninstalled, requires location info to use and spams ads + covid death info (and somewhere in there it shows the weather). The new phones don't even come with an option to add SD storage. I wonder how I've agreed that they will use my fingerprint and facial scan if I choose those options to secure the phone.

I can help with that, by providing links and explaining the process to remove all of that. You can also install a custom OS that respects your privacy. But you need to do the work. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

D

Deleted78083

Company called me to offer an office job for September in management consulting.

It's absolutely not in my plans.

By now, I have great web design, copy, digital marketing, and SEO skills + one book and one digital product + I am developing an app, so I must be able to earn some money at the very least as a freelancer.

And yet, there is this little voice in my head that says "but what if you fail everything and don't manage to earn even one euro...".

But I can't live like this forever. At some point, I will have to start earning money myself. There is no choice. So maybe it's a mistake, but I am going to say no.

Worst case scenario, I ll go work at McDonalds.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

I don't know if you have seen this story of Farkhad Akhmedov's son which lost $50 million in the stock market day-trading while studying at the LSE.

His mother subsequently sued him as she was certain he was getting all of this money from his dad's bank account so that she wouldn't be able to have it, as she is currently divorcing Farkhad.

The court forced the son to repay his mother, judging the fact that he lost the sum as "beyond the point".

Lmao

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Simple productivity tips
  1. Keep your phone away from you, try to stay as analog as you can. Even when writing notes, stay analog instead of going for notion or evernote. It doesn't take much time to get distracted in the endless loop of random surfing and social media.
  2. Keep a bottle of water near you, always. Hydrate plenty. Drink as much water as you can while you're working. Caffeine works too, but having it late evening might mess up with your sleep cycles. Try going for water instead.
  3. Keep a RANDOM journal with you, always. It could be a small notepad or a moleskin journal wherein you write all the stuff that you're thinking about while you're working, things that come up that you HAVE to do, or just relieve some anxiety. Not sure if it works for everyone else, but definitely works for me.
  4. Have no more than 4 tasks in your to-do lists. I know this might be tough, but keep the high priority tasks in there, and batch the other stuff together. Might save you a lot of time.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
When you click "buy" do you really own all the digital content you pay Apple, Google, Amazon, etc for?

I've asked this question when "buying" movies on subscription services and I get the argument being made about the language. But I've also sold digital products that are no longer available; however, my products always had options for download, so maybe that is different.

It doesn't seem feasible for someone like a small website owner to offer indefinite access to digital products. At the same time, companies like Apple and Amazon have virtually limitless digital products for sell and people are likely to spend a lot more on those products over time.

When the dust settles the companies will probably just change the language they use without changing available options (if they lose in court). Instead of saying "buy this now!" they'll say "grab this bargain!" They won't have to say "rent" or "borrow" probably. Just a minor inconvenience.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just discovered my new Galaxy S21 doesn't have a headphone jack. I have to buy new wireless headphones and scrap my $80 Boze headphones if I want to enjoy the luxury of listening privately.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
These tax laws piss me off so dam much.

Capital gains tax is theft, all taxes are theft.

40%+ CGT? For the wealthy?

You risk your capital and if you have a win, you now pay us about 50% for absolutely nothing.

Enjoy peasants.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Just discovered my new Galaxy S21 doesn't have a headphone jack. I have to buy new wireless headphones and scrap my $80 Boze headphones if I want to enjoy the luxury of listening privately.
Are there Wireless-to-headphone jack converters?
Basically stick jack connector into small box that will receive wireless
signal.
If doesn't exists then its Fastlane opportunity :)

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Is it worth learning about Crypto at this point or is it too late? Of course everyone hears about the millionaires from people that bought certain ones at $0.0001 and got a massive return, but is the market being flooded with too many options?

Are there any good reading materials to possibly get started?
Ways to get interested / learn crypto:
Try sending money via Wester Union and pay $15 to send $70/$90...
while having to phisically get out of the house, wait in line, loose time etc (maybe even wake up early just to do this) .
Compare that to sending money as easy as an e-mail, with a $0.5 fee (when there isn't a bull market wich is most of the time).
Other way:
Live in a third World country with 50% anual inflation like Argentina . BTC becomes interesting quite fast.

Edit: Also for resources, Andreas Antonopoulos (graduated in Computer Science in the College of London) videos on BTC and ETH are nice.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
These tax laws piss me off so dam much.

Capital gains tax is theft, all taxes are theft.

40%+ CGT? For the wealthy?

You risk your capital and if you have a win, you now pay us about 50% for absolutely nothing.

Enjoy peasants.

Wait until we get Neuralink and the Government can tap into our minds. They'll institute an imagination tax. Tax our dreams and ideas!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Ways to get interested / learn crypto:
Try sending money via Wester Union and pay $15 to send $70/$90...
while having to phisically get out of the house, wait in line, loose time etc (maybe even wake up early just to do this) .
Compare that to sending money as easy as an e-mail, with a $0.5 fee (when there isn't a bull market wich is most of the time).
Other way:
Live in a third World country with 50% anual inflation like Argentina . BTC becomes interesting quite fast.

Edit: Also for resources, Andreas Antonopoulos (graduated in Computer Science in the College of London) videos on BTC and ETH are nice.
This.

Ridiculous fees for sending money, typically have to wait 2 - 7 days to be able to receive the money, and then you have to visit the bank or other WU-specific areas and waste your time in a line filling out paperwork, verifying who you are, and your purpose of receiving the money.

Crypto's going to change that.

xy2_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Mar 26, 2020
France
There are USB-C to jack adapters, for around $5, that you can plug in the charging port. It works pretty well, although you can't charge at the same time.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
There are USB-C to jack adapters, for around $5, that you can plug in the charging port. It works pretty well, although you can't charge at the same time.
I did not know about this. Thank you. Apparently for $20 you can get a two-in-one adapter that will allow charging.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
throwing this out there in the universe...

Usman by KO/TKO R2

D

Deleted78083

I am 65% convinced that life is just a simulation, with its set of unwritten rules whose existence is for you to discover.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It’s a blessing in disguise. Cords suck. The new AirPod style headphones everywhere are exquisite. I sometimes find myself not even bothering with the car stereo anymore. The buds are already in and I already like what I’m listening to.

I use AirPods as a daily thing. Great for talking on the phone or listening to books, music or podcasts... if the environment is relatively quiet.

But for going to the gym, flying on a plane, or wanting to not hear something that I don’t want to hear, I’ve been looking into some RayCon ANC earbuds with the sealed off ear canal. Probably less comfortable, but useful in a different way.

I use corded, in ear, sennheiser studio monitor headphones while recording the show. They are great quality. I believe they have Bluetooth style buds as well.

I sometimes find myself not even bothering with the car stereo anymore. The AirPods are already in and I already like what I’m listening to.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
It’s a blessing in disguise. Cords suck. The new AirPod style headphones everywhere are exquisite. I sometimes find myself not even bothering with the car stereo anymore. The buds are already in and I already like what I’m listening to.

I use AirPods as a daily thing. Great for talking on the phone or listening to books, music or podcasts... if the environment is relatively quiet.

But for going to the gym, flying on a plane, or wanting to not hear something that I don’t want to hear, I’ve been looking into some RayCon ANC earbuds with the sealed off ear canal. Probably less comfortable, but useful in a different way.

I use corded, in ear, sennheiser studio monitor headphones while recording the show. They are great quality. I believe they have Bluetooth style buds as well.

I sometimes find myself not even bothering with the car stereo anymore. The AirPods are already in and I already like what I’m listening to.

AirPods Pro with dekoni bullet tips. Oh My F*cking God! I have used the AirPods gen 2 for a long time. Made the switch over to the pros. I hate siri. But dang man. Not operating my phone is a blessing. Siri will pause my podcast, music or audiobook and read my text. She'll answer my call. Or hey siri, turn on anc. Well worth the price.

They are under $200 right now as well. Bargain in my opinion.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Cords suck.

Funny, I just bought my first wireless mouse last week. I can't believe I was using the corded monster for 20+ years, never going back :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
B2045AFE-1520-4AA4-AB22-E6E026B5D01B.jpeg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ha Ha, that's like the old, "We investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing."
That happened to me when the valet at a hotel in Cabo crashed my rental car.

You don’t say!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.