The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Here's some (simple) things I've done lately that have dramatically improved my mood:

— Watch the Sunrise or Sunset
— Leave the House
— Connect with Someone
— Do Something Different
— Look for New Opportunities

Checking off ONE is huge.
Checking all 5 is like the best day you could have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's a sobering reality, $1,000,000 fifty years from now and discounted at a 5% interest rate is only worth $87,000 in today's money. I'm sure fifty years ago they preached the same garbage, save $50/mo and in 50 years
you'll be a millionaire! Awesome, I saved my a$$ off for fifty years, should I go buy a new Cadillac?

1619025340718.png

Benjamin hardy books/articles any good??

I haven't finished his latest book, but I'm loving it thus far.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Here's a sobering reality, $1,000,000 fifty years from now and discounted at a 5% interest rate is only worth $87,000 in today's money. I'm sure fifty years ago they preached the same garbage, save $50/mo and in 50 years
you'll be a millionaire! Awesome, I saved my a$$ off for fifty years, should I go buy a new Cadillac?

Yeah , and in the meantime hope we don’t see a double digit standard deviation event in the next years. Economic history could be unfolding and people are be oblivious. The national debt will probably be $100 trillion in 50 years LOL. I guess assumptions is another tool in the toolbox of the mainstream liars LOL.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

And over those 50 years there were be countless opportunities for those who are willing to seek them out.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:”

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Here's some (simple) things I've done lately that have dramatically improved my mood:

Changing your values helps too. Instead of feeling good about how much you spend. Feel good about appreciating a piece of art work. Learn a new philosophy or language. Go to a museum.

Materialist values promote depression and anxiety. Other values help you retract yourself from the depressive psychological nexus society promotes.

It’s all about what you “Value”.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
1619044947720.png

How do I become American? I do like guns..

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The Microsoft deal falling through is good news.

IPO is bad news for those who like discord just like it is for the users of any service. Bring in shareholders and the product goes to shit.

That's why I quoted the part about discord starting as a well-loved voice chat app for gamers.

After IPO or acquisition, the company will evolve in whatever way will generate the most profit for shareholders even at the expense of the user group that helped it get its start.
Half-expecting Discord to pursue a SPAC...for some reasons, recently one too many companies are spamming SPACS.

While I can understand SPAC cuts out some of the lags from a typical IPO process, I couldn't help but wonder if an IPO's barriers-to-entry were there for a reason...this just reminds me of 2008 derivatives skipping the bank balance sheet.

I don't get it. What is this in reference to?

Keep in mind, I don't have cable, I don't visit Twitter, Yahoo, CNBC, or WSJ, and I don't watch news.

I'm willfully culturally ignorant.
I admit I do feel pissed-off when I see my old friends online duking it out in bars, holidays and eat-outs when the job market and businesses are still struggling to recover. I mean...where do they get the money from? Government stim-checks are also just a few hundred bucks (and they just allowed us to draw money from retirements EPFs, which is kinda cheating).

I don't see they have jobs, based on their LinkedIn profiles. And savings...how much do they even have even pre-COVID?

I don't envy their life choices. I just worry if my generation will have anyone left who has a single shred of hustle ethic or 'put your head down and work' attitude.

This does make me lonely at times.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I probably won't share your post or meme. But if it is tagged with #IBetYouWontShareThis then I DEFINITELY won't share your post or meme (and I'll bitch about it on some forum somewhere).

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Wife ordered new Samsung Galaxy phones. Phone is nice. Samsung is gross. So much bloatware. Apps you can't uninstall. Weather Channel app can't be uninstalled, requires location info to use and spams ads + covid death info (and somewhere in there it shows the weather). The new phones don't even come with an option to add SD storage. I wonder how I've agreed that they will use my fingerprint and facial scan if I choose those options to secure the phone.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't get it. What is this in reference to?

Keep in mind, I don't have cable, I don't visit Twitter, Yahoo, CNBC, or WSJ, and I don't watch news.

I'm willfully culturally ignorant.

I'm not sure actually - but I thought that it was a good idea to post about laying low with hyperinflation looming after a year of serious financial turmoil.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So awesome to hear that our government now thinks that if you sell your business they are entitled to 43.4% of the proceeds.

I'm actually happy I'm in the back-half, to back-third of my life so I don't have to be around long to watch the glorious end to this country, and the monstrosity that arises from its corpse.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 5, 2018
So awesome to hear that our government now thinks that if you sell your business they are entitled to 43.6% of the proceeds.

I'm actually happy I'm in the back-half, to back-third of my life so I don't have to be around long to watch the glorious end to this country, and the monstrosity that arises from its corpse.
43% is INSANE... But I guess that's what happens when everyone wants something for nothing.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Wife ordered new Samsung Galaxy phones. Phone is nice. Samsung is gross. So much bloatware. Apps you can't uninstall. Weather Channel app can't be uninstalled, requires location info to use and spams ads + covid death info (and somewhere in there it shows the weather). The new phones don't even come with an option to add SD storage. I wonder how I've agreed that they will use my fingerprint and facial scan if I choose those options to secure the phone.

That's why I only buy Android One phones. Only the most essential stuff with no bloatware.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Is it worth learning about Crypto at this point or is it too late? Of course everyone hears about the millionaires from people that bought certain ones at $0.0001 and got a massive return, but is the market being flooded with too many options?

Are there any good reading materials to possibly get started?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I've been self-employed since the age of 22 and now I need to update my resume for something while still being self-employed. Oh the irony

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Is it worth learning about Crypto at this point or is it too late? Of course everyone hears about the millionaires from people that bought certain ones at $0.0001 and got a massive return, but is the market being flooded with too many options?

Are there any good reading materials to possibly get started?
Something worthless is sold to others who think it has a worth.
You just saved hours of reading. You're welcome.

If you want to invest, you better be good at thinking
what other (not necessarily thinking) people will think.
But be warned, this can be slippery slope.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Get Lineage OS.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"They accepted life, with all of its suffering, and in that what they became was a people who were immensely admirable. To talk about them as happy is in a way to miss the point. The notion of an aesthetic existence, the idea of their being a beautiful people is for Nietzsche the highest praise. He goes back to the early tragedians, people like Sophocles, and he goes back to Homer and Homer's two great epics, the Odyssey and the Illiad, he goes back to Heraclitus, and from them all he pulls an interpretation of early Greek life and thought which is very much at odds with Plato and Aristotle."

-No Excuses: Existentialism and the Meaning of Life

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
43% is INSANE... But I guess that's what happens when everyone wants something for nothing.
What this will do is put the kibosh on people selling their businesses. Why take a 43% hit, when, come the next time Republicans are in office, it will go back down? Who this will really hurt are people who *need* to sell their businesses now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.