The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There have been so many times that I've solved programming problems that I spent hours getting nowhere on by simply taking a break.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Here’s a good rant...

You CAN simultaneously believe that BLM is a steaming racist pile of Marxist shit and also think power trip cops like Derick Chauvin are scumbags that deserve every second of a horrible prison sentence.

People who make excuses for the cop piss me off. People who riot, steal and destroy private property piss me off as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Here’s a good rant...

You CAN simultaneously believe that BLM is a steaming racist pile of Marxist shit and also think power trip cops like Derick Chauvin are scumbags that deserve every second of a horrible prison sentence.

People who make excuses for the cop piss me off. People who riot, steal and destroy private property piss me off as well.
Blame everything on the media and our "new generation" of teens that only know how to dance on Tik Tok.

I saw a headline this morning on my phone that said "White cop faces assault charges after shoving Black male to the ground".

Why can't it say "Cop faces assault charges after shoving male victim to the ground".

This is what's wrong with society.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
FFS... you can't make this stuff up...

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.42.35 PM.png

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Thoughts on possible marketing campaigns...

"Our pesticide doesn't work after spraying the crops twice, so you need to buy more pesticide. Otherwise bugs will eat all your crops!"

"Washing your shirts twice with our detergent doesn't get rid of the dirt! So you need to buy more detergent, or else you'll have lots of dirt on you!"

"Our fertilizer doesn't make plants grow, so you need more of our fertilizer, or else your plants won't grow!"

"These scissors don't cut hair! So you need to come to the barber shop more often, or else your hair will get way too long!"

No seriously, hear me out. If this logic works, what more do we need? We've been overthinking it this whole time haven't we?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thoughts on possible marketing campaigns...

"Our pesticide doesn't work after spraying the crops twice, so you need to buy more pesticide. Otherwise bugs will eat all your crops!"

"Washing your shirts twice with our detergent doesn't get rid of the dirt! So you need to buy more detergent, or else you'll have lots of dirt on you!"

"Our fertilizer doesn't make plants grow, so you need more of our fertilizer, or else your plants won't grow!"

"These scissors don't cut hair! So you need to come to the barber shop more often, or else your hair will get way too long!"

No seriously, hear me out. If this logic works, what more do we need? We've been overthinking it this whole time haven't we?

Oooo, fun.

Our light bulbs wear out. Buy more light bulbs. Or you'll live in the dark.

This seminar didn't teach you enough. Buy our next super seminar. Or you'll live in the dark.

Our batteries wear out after two freaking years. Buy new phones. Or you'll live in the dark ages.

Is it just me, or is this latest round of vaccine news is the only part of this ordeal that sounds vaguely familiar... :rofl:

Just ordered all three. Thanks!

This is an important skill always worth sharpening.

You can probably skip the small talk one. I only recommend that one to people looking to get comfortable networking. I'm editing the post to reflect that.

You'll get good ideas from the other two.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Isn't this what 95% of infomarketing and seminar firms do already? :happy:

Yes.

Hang on, I just need to adjust my tin foil hat a moment. Ok, so...

<rant>

And the light bulb and cell phone companies too...

I recently thought to just reactivate my old razr flip phone. It actually still works 18ish years later, unlike every other phone I've owned since. Can you believe that? And batteries for that are cheap. Too bad 3G will be deprecated soon.

Damn. Ok, at least that is in the name of a faster, more capable 5G network. We're getting a trade off there.

I read this article today. Hard not to see this as intentional...

I seem to recall the ps4 being billed as the last console you'll need to buy. Totally upgradable. Or was that the ps3? Meh, who cares? Onto the ps5. Chuck more plastic electronics in landfills.

(Hang on, I have to check and make sure I'm in the rant thread. Yeah? Ok. To continue... )

It's an epidemic (pandemic?) of ever worsening quality and we consumers have been accepting it for ages. Planned obsolescence. Actually, it's worse, we reward companies for it.

What it is about us that we hafta have newer or flashier, as if those words are synonyms for better?

Does anyone know the name of the guy who invented the everlasting light bulb? Why not? That cheesy website is the best we can do? What do we really value here?

Why should we expect vaccines to be any different? This isn't the 1950's. We aren't curing polio in one shot.

Joseph Salk died poor. That's the real takeaway from the history of polio. Vaccine companies (I use the term loosely, as some of these companies that have never brought a vaccine to market before) can't have that.

Sssh, nobody pay too much attention to whether mutations are caused by vaccination, if it does, that'll just lead to increased demand for more vaccination. Winner winner.

Cure? Is anyone even working on one? Can we look into that? Do we cure anything anymore? Did that dream die with Jerry Lewis?

Is it just me, or did the flu vaccine prove the model? The only problem is the low rates of vaccine adoption. How can we fix that?

I swear somewhere along the line we as a society, as a world, got way too "smart" for our own good.

So this is what passes for vaccination in the new go go 2020's. Multiple uses, no liability, backed and purchased by government dollars and insurance pools with a strong arm government marketing campaign.

Anyone actually know how much this stuff costs? Can't wait to see next year's insurance premiums. Who says the government can't get anything done?

Frankly, the staunchest profiteers in the thread should be sitting in the front row taking notes at this masterclass of modern market principles. This ain't your granddaddy's free market...

</rant>

Woo, ok, got on a bit of a roll there. The tin foil stuff isn't my strong suit. How'd I do? :happy:

h/t to @WillHurtDontCare he shared that one article and I've been cheesed off about the vaccine companies ever since...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

“Vaccination alone is no guarantee that you can open up,” he said.

“This is a discussion I had with Professor (Brendan) Murphy in just the last 24 hours, that if the whole country was vaxinated, you couldn’t just open the borders, we still have to look at a series of different factors.

“Transmission, longevity and the global impact, and those are factors which the world is learning about.”

This keeps getting better and better. Seriously, I don't think any dystopian fiction writer could come up with this. Their logic is impeccable. "Even if everyone is vaxinated, we STILL won't open the borders."

How about you just burn the entire country to the ground just to be on the safe side?

@Timmy C, what do Australians think about it? Do most of them really support this absolute nonsense?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Here's a little hack for deciding what to work on.

Instead of asking what's "Most Important"...
Ask "What will I regret the most by NOT doing, long term?"

Top 10% of my list were suprisingly simple things like watch the sunset, dance with my girl, etc

That should set you straight. It has for me.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How to get rich in two steps:
1. Create unprofitable but popular business.
2. Go to stock market and file for an IPO.

Simple as that.
This should give people with an actual business that makes actual money some encouragement... Because your observation is not wrong.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How to get rich in two steps:
1. Create unprofitable but popular business.
2. Go to stock market and file for an IPO.

Simple as that.

Apparently, popularity is overrated as well...

(Small deli with $35k in sales over 2 years is worth $100M+ in the market)

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
My cousin lives in Chile, one of the most vaxinated countrys of the world... they must be doing great covid wise right ? Nope. They are in total lockdown like in the start of the madness. You are not allowed to step out of your front door... like, outside your own house... you can't go there. In the internet you can't buy stuff like chairs or tables or whatever the goverment deems "non essential". Schools are closed etc.

Yeah, just listen to the experts and do what you are told... It will be great...

That Nuremberg trials thing sounds like fun, we should do that again.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Bitcoin falls as Turkey bans cryptocurrency payments

And just like that with the snap of a finger governments can ban crypto. Knowing how governments work they will take 1% of the problem and claim its 99% of the problem. They will say crypto is only good for terrorist funding, money laundering and human trafficking.

The same way the British parliament banned colonial script. The same way the Bank of England attacked the tally stick system.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The same way the British parliament banned colonial script. The same way the Bank of England attacked the tally stick system.

Of course, this is why I'm not generally bullish on crypto.

Anything they can't control they will either besmirch, regulate, or make illegal. Why do you think the world powers, media included, hated Trump? Not because he was some uncouth unpredictable buffoon, it was because he couldn't be controlled. And things that can't be controlled are a threat to the world order. COVID taught them that the general populace can be easily controlled, they're not about to lose control over their currency.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
And things that can't be controlled are a threat to the world order

Exactly. And as history has shown it always happens under the table when no one is looking as a ruse. And with the help of shills in positions of authority. Just like how they brought communism to power.

it was because he couldn't be controlled.

I think Donald underestimated the deep state. They even controlled the personnel that surrounded him and the information that flowed to and from him.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Apparently, popularity is overrated as well...

(Small deli with $35k in sales over 2 years is worth $100M+ in the market)

1618609040035.png

If you get it... you get it..

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I always thought I was too lazy, fighting my tendency towards laziness, but I’ve learned that I’m actually not and I just hate busy work.

Busy work, repetitive chores, maintenance that goes nowhere... that sucks to me. It’s important but it sucks.

Yet I get excited to work 12 hours 7 days per week on things that push me forward and make results happen.

I bet a lot of the people on this forum feel that way! Maybe you just value effectiveness over efficiency.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I always thought I was too lazy, fighting my tendency towards laziness, but I’ve learned that I’m actually not and I just hate busy work.

Busy work, repetitive chores, maintenance that goes nowhere... that sucks to me. It’s important but it sucks.

Yet I get excited to work 12 hours 7 days per week on things that push me forward and make results happen.

I bet a lot of the people on this forum feel that way! Maybe you just value effectiveness over efficiency.

Hire for the work you don't wanna do, focus on working on the business, not in it!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Definitely. There are levels to this of course - a business is like a person - your business must live within its means.

Check out the E-Myth, really amazing book. Must read for any entrepreneur

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Wow just saw covid restrictions are getting tighter in Ontario... dam, lockdown extended until May 20th, it's been over a year, :wideyed:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.