The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
TIL in 1989 an Army Ranger bought a house for $10k in Tacoma WA. He began renovating it, and reporting neighborhood crimes. He realized the Hilltop Crips were getting ready to attack his home, so he called his base for backup. 300 rounds were fired in a 30 minute gunfight between the Rangers and the Crips.

"Just after the Rangers arrived on Sept. 23, 1989, some 15 to 20 gang members began to shoot up the 32-year-old's house while his buddies were inside. Luckily, the Rangers had brought their own personal weapons to the party. The Crips were probably surprised when their would-be victim's house began to return fire."

"For an estimated 10 to 30 minutes, the two groups exchanged intense fire in a "gun battle" on the streets of residential Tacoma. Witnesses said "hundreds of rounds from handguns, shotguns and semiautomatic weapons were fired." Somehow, no one was hurt."

"As of October 2020, the house that Foulk and the Rangers were defending is worth $447,000, according to real-estate website Redfin. And the hilltop neighborhood that saw the outbreak of violence is one of Tacoma's quietest."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I've been studying for my Military School Admission Test and CET. I'm using the pomodoro technique which is 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study, 5 rest, and 25 mins study and 30 mins rest. After that it's difficult to get back on track and start procrastinating by reading some stories here in TFLF. I wonder how can I make my learning materials engageable like stories since we humans love stories...

(Thinking bout how to make math engageable as possible)

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I've been studying for my Military School Admission Test and CET. I'm using the pomodoro technique which is 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study, 5 rest, and 25 mins study and 30 mins rest. After that it's difficult to get back on track and start procrastinating by reading some stories here in TFLF. I wonder how can I make my learning materials engageable like stories since we humans love stories...

(Thinking bout how to make math engageable as possible)
Look up the Life of Fred books. That’s exactly what they do, all the way up through physics I think.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
TIL in 1989 an Army Ranger bought a house for $10k in Tacoma WA. He began renovating it, and reporting neighborhood crimes. He realized the Hilltop Crips were getting ready to attack his home, so he called his base for backup. 300 rounds were fired in a 30 minute gunfight between the Rangers and the Crips.

"Just after the Rangers arrived on Sept. 23, 1989, some 15 to 20 gang members began to shoot up the 32-year-old's house while his buddies were inside. Luckily, the Rangers had brought their own personal weapons to the party. The Crips were probably surprised when their would-be victim's house began to return fire."

"For an estimated 10 to 30 minutes, the two groups exchanged intense fire in a "gun battle" on the streets of residential Tacoma. Witnesses said "hundreds of rounds from handguns, shotguns and semiautomatic weapons were fired." Somehow, no one was hurt."

"As of October 2020, the house that Foulk and the Rangers were defending is worth $447,000, according to real-estate website Redfin. And the hilltop neighborhood that saw the outbreak of violence is one of Tacoma's quietest."

I hope they make this into a movie if they haven't already.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Wanna think about something creepy? Google Earth was created in 2001, 22 years ago. It is more likely than not that technology now exists to zoom in and live stream video of anywhere on the planet, not just images.

I would be very surprised if this did not exist.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Wanna think about something creepy? Google Earth was created in 2001, 22 years ago. It is more likely than not that technology now exists to zoom in and live stream video of anywhere on the planet, not just images.

I would be very surprised if this did not exist.

It's called spy satellites and HALE (High Altitude Long Endurance) drones. Too pricey for the average user ;)

The limiting factor (in visible light wavelengths) is the weather.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
When does encouragement turn into empty vainglorious flattery that accomplishes nothing?

If you share what YOU’RE doing that’s not encouragement. That’s a testimony of success and sweat and blood. It moves people because it has power.

If you try to prop me up with happy happy Rah rah bs when I haven’t moved an INCH forward .. you’re not just wasting your breath. You’ve become an encouraging psycho trying to force your “belief in me” down my throat.

Check out Ripples from the Zambezi.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
When looking for a position with Suncor (An oil and gas company) I am not sure how a single one of these is relevant for any posting at the company, and yet I am sure will have a significant impact considering not a single one could ever possibly work in my favor.

Suncore Diversity.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
When looking for a position with Suncor (An oil and gas company) I am not sure how a single one of these is relevant for any posting at the company, and yet I am sure will have a significant impact considering not a single one could ever possibly work in my favor.

View attachment 48004
I think you identify as a Mexican. You’ve lived there and want to move there, you’re married to one and have 2 half-Mexican kids. Put it down!

Go legally change your name to Grahamaldo.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I wish I was making this up, but here is another gem straight from the job description:

"Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada"

This is what they are looking for. I guess all of those are pretty merit based so completely valid in what you should be looking for in a petroleum job. F*ck me.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I appreciate all the people who continually like my posts so as to keep my ratio above 300%. Someday I would like a plaque that lists these forum members, their monetary accomplishments and then how many likes they gave me.

BiLLiOnAiReS LIke mE. sO. mUcH.

Ffs. I’m over here keeping crazy people busy so the rest of you can get work done and only Kak is noticing! But that’s fine. I’m a good person, entirely unmotivated by any weird online competitions.. it’s fine. Fine. Fine!

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 48004
I wanted so bad to poopoo react that one, but didn’t want it to reflect on you personally.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Was sliding through TMF again recently

Stuff like this reminds me of the "Everyone's doing it" section MJ talks about. Every single post I see talks about starting copy/paste agencies and stuff. So hard not to get sucked in by the crowd sometimes.

It's interesting to see the roads inside of TMF that AREN'T on lists like these, that aren't as sexy.. And look within them.

977c86f2d45d8d5c0f8ce74a2c60564b (1).png

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
My state just passed a bill making the primary activity of what my company does illegal and a felony if continue. Have until Jan. 1st to the change and will continue as is but luckily experienced this in other state and had back up plans.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
My state just passed a bill making the primary activity of what my company does illegal and a felony if continue. Have until Jan. 1st to the change and will continue as is but luckily experienced this in other state and had back up plans.
Dude. What do you to that Oklahoma banned it? I’m a little scared of you now!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Dude. What do you to that Oklahoma banned it? I’m a little scared of you now!

I hold and promote cannabis events, but diversified with media and have a publication in dispensaries. Both of these are part of my three legged cannabis stool along with product in stores which has been delayed due to government interference with licensing requirement changes. While I mostly have control of what I do platform wise, I'm at the whim of big brother and thought after leaving Washington state to Freedom Oklahoma solved that problem, but now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
I hold and promote cannabis events, but diversified with media and have a publication in dispensaries. Both of these are part of my three legged cannabis stool along with product in stores which has been delayed due to government interference with licensing requirement changes. While I mostly have control of what I do platform wise, I'm at the whim of big brother and thought after leaving Washington state to Freedom Oklahoma solved that problem, but now the chickens are coming home to roost.
The Free State of Florida welcomes you with open arms, pothead.

I assume, anyway, I don't actually know anything about cannabis laws here beyond that its legal medically and fairly easy to get a scrip for.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

I assume, anyway, I don't actually know anything about cannabis laws here beyond that its legal medically and fairly easy to get a scrip for.

Florida is horrible for freedom and cannabis. Is the pothead comment really needed?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Florida is horrible for freedom and cannabis. Is the pothead comment really needed?

Not horrible for either. And he wasn’t being mean spirited, he was being friendly.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Not horrible for either. And he wasn’t being mean spirited, he was being friendly.
Yeah, I took it as a joke. He wasn't using the word "pothead" in a derogatory way at all.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Totally disagree about the freedom thing. We’re doing better than everyone else right now.

That was meant to come off as friendly banter. Sorry, tone is hard to convey sometimes.

My bad I was referring to freedom in cannabis. The state is highly restrictive that caters to MSO corporations and freezes the little guy out of doing business.

I hear you on the banter. I do look at it being used as derogatory as it's so common to hear and thrown at me over the years. And while I'm not from the left it's 100% percent from right wingers.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Private Witt Are you able to expand in to Canada? There is literally a pot store on every corner. There are more of them than there are liquor stores.

Legalizing a plant is the only good thing JT and his crew have done in something like the 8 years they have been in power.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
@Private Witt Are you able to expand in to Canada?

No, I don't speak Canadian and I don't like countries where they drive on the other side of the road. I'm gonna stick it out here in Oklahoma where the toothless Republican idiots who beat the freedom drum and bang their 1st cousins while jerking off to a Trump picture rule the land.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
No, I don't speak Canadian

I mean... This coulda been funny I guess...

I don't like countries where they drive on the other side of the road. I'm gonna stick it out here in Oklahoma where the toothless Republican idiots who beat the freedom drum and bang their 1st cousins while jerking off to a Trump picture rule the land.
comment really needed?

The irony...

People in glass houses Private.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Was sliding through TMF again recently

Stuff like this reminds me of the "Everyone's doing it" section MJ talks about. Every single post I see talks about starting copy/paste agencies and stuff. So hard not to get sucked in by the crowd sometimes.

It's interesting to see the roads inside of TMF that AREN'T on lists like these, that aren't as sexy.. And look within them.

View attachment 48007
I think you're throwing out the baby with the bath water. Who cares how many are doing something or what gurus on YouTube say. If you can help someone with any of the above, and get paid, then you're in business. Then figure out how to scale or pivot and scale.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Does anyone have any good offline iPhone video editing apps they use?
You want to edit videos on your iPhone? iMovie is great for that.

You want to edit videos taken on your iPhone? iMovie/FCP/Premiere/Resolve...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Does anyone have any good offline iPhone video editing apps they use?
I don't know if it works offline, but maybe CapCut?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.