The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
What is the best way to try to hire a forum member for help with something without making a full thread about it?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Send them a message

I see that I missed a bit - I don't know who would be suitable.

So this is a general job listing for someone who is best able to help.

It is for listing a product on the different european Amazon sites.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I see that I missed a bit - I don't know who would be suitable.

So this is a general job listing for someone who is best able to help.

It is for listing a product on the different european Amazon sites.
What's wrong with creating a thread?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
If we're talking about truth bombs, well, take shelter, 'cause I'm about to make it rain.

Thoughts on the Apple iPhone 14 Pro? Buy or not? @Kak loves that brick that makes deals happen! What say you?
They have a deep purple colour now, looks interesting.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If we're talking about truth bombs, well, take shelter, 'cause I'm about to make it rain.

Thoughts on the Apple iPhone 14 Pro? Buy or not? @Kak loves that brick that makes deals happen! What say you?
They have a deep purple colour now, looks interesting.
Prepare to be disappointed! LOL!

For the first time, in probably 5 years, I haven’t already purchased the new and best phone.

This is partly because I really like my 13 Pro Max and partly because I don’t feel the 14 Pro Max offers much of a difference.

I’m actually more intrigued by the Galaxy Fold (the one that folds out into a tablet, not the one that looks like a flip phone) at the moment. That seems like quite a powerhouse for my pocket.

I’m not currently phone shopping, but I’m sure I’ll buy something in the next 6-8 months.

I always want a seriously top notch phone at all times though because it is my connection to the business world. It’s the most useful piece of technology ever devised by man. It’s important.

Too many people are proud of their 10 year old falling apart crap phone. If I was a farmer, I’d want a more productive tractor. If I was a fighter pilot I’d want a faster and more agile plane. If I was a doctor I’d want more accurate scans. If I was a builder, I’d want stronger materials. I’m an entrepreneur, I demand excellence out of my connectivity.

Last edited:

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Yes, and the "actually guy"...

Y_actually.png
I have also heard them as “asteriskholes”. Where no matter what you say, they have to add an asterisk or make you add an asterisk.

Sort of like when you’re suggesting people go for a walk and get eight hours of sleep to improve mood and mental health, and someone says “I have treatment resistant depression. This doesn’t work.”

Clearly it wasn’t meant for your extreme case then, was it?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’ve been trying to hold off out of principle until they finally switch to usb c

My own little boycott

They sold me a MacBook Pro that only has usb c ports but refuse to sell me a phone with a usb c port

Apple has gone from a brand recognised for premium products, crazy innovation and slightly higher but reasonable prices

To a brand recognised for products that put form over function, have less features and cost way more for no reason other than they look nice and work well together

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Prepare to be disappointed! LOL!

For the first time, in probably 5 years, I haven’t already purchased the new and best phone.

This is partly because I really like my 13 Pro Max and partly because I don’t feel the 14 Pro Max offers much of a difference.

I’m actually more intrigued by the Galaxy Fold (the one that folds out into a tablet, not the one that looks like a flip phone) at the moment. That seems like quite a powerhouse for my pocket.

I’m not currently phone shopping, but I’m sure I’ll buy something in the next 6-8 months.

I always want a seriously top notch phone at all times though because it is my connection to the business world. It’s the most useful piece of technology ever devised by man. It’s important.

Too many people are proud of their 10 year old falling apart crap phone. If I was a farmer, I’d want a more productive tractor. If I was a fighter pilot I’d want a faster and more agile plane. If I was a doctor I’d want more accurate scans. If I was a builder, I’d want stronger materials. I’m an entrepreneur, I demand excellence out of my connectivity.
I just cancelled my order that I've been waiting for since early October thanks to your post lmao.

I also have the 13 pro max and if you think the 14 pro max doesn't offer much of a difference, I don't need one either.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’ve been trying to hold off out of principle until they finally switch to usb c

My own little boycott

They sold me a MacBook Pro that only has usb c ports but refuse to sell me a phone with a usb c port

Apple has gone from a brand recognised for premium products, crazy innovation and slightly higher but reasonable prices

To a brand recognised for products that put form over function, have less features and cost way more for no reason other than they look nice and work well together
I agree and there are some trends that point to this.

For many millennials and older, Apple products could have almost been described as semi-prestigious luxury goods. I don’t think that’s the case anymore.

I have heard that Gen Z cares a lot less about Apple brand myopia. To them it’s just another Chevy or Ford. Ultra common. It seems like they like the hotrod tech, but don’t care about brand as much… Which is probably the right way to be.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have also heard them as “asteriskholes”. Where no matter what you say, they have to add an asterisk or make you add an asterisk.

Sort of like when you’re suggesting people go for a walk and get eight hours of sleep to improve mood and mental health, and someone says “I have treatment resistant depression. This doesn’t work.”

Clearly it wasn’t meant for your extreme case then, was it?
Isn't that what all of us are doing with this exact topic? Adding to the description, adjusting, throwing in our 2 cents

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just cancelled my order that I've been waiting for since early October thanks to your post lmao.

I also have the 13 pro max and if you think the 14 pro max doesn't offer much of a difference, I don't need one either.
Yeah. Last year we got 5G. That was a good upgrade. This year we get “the dynamic island.”

Put me in the seriously unimpressed camp.

Meanwhile at Samsung…

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
in unrelated news, the sales of iPhone 14 plummeted after @Kak made a post on the FLF. And it is funny because it is true :rofl:

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Isn't that what all of us are doing with this exact topic? Adding to the description, adjusting, throwing in our 2 cents
I wouldn’t say so. There’s a difference between having a discussion and interjecting your opinion when it isn’t relevant (or asked for). The same way a footnote is separate from the text.

If we are having a real discussion about mental health and I say walks and sleep are healthy, you bringing up treatment resistant depression is a valid extension of the conversation. But if I have a text group where I let you know what’s helping ME out, you interjecting that statement (even if it’s correct) could be unnecessary.

Social situations vary considerably, and it’s important to read the room (or forum or groupchat). Context matters.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just read an interesting article about California switching to digital license plates:

California drivers can now sport digital license plates on their cars

I was mostly interested in the last two paragraphs:

Elsewhere in the article, they mentioned that there were roughly 36 million vehicles registered in California.

Some quick math shows that even if just 10% of the vehicles switch to the new plates, Reviver will be earning at least ~$71 million dollars per month or ~861 million dollars per year. And that's just from a small amount of Californians. I'm also guessing their churn rate would be incredibly low.

Given that these plates also allow you to renew your registration automatically, track location and mileage, show amber alerts, signal that a vehicle was stolen, etc., I could see companies installing these plates on factory vehicles moving forward. Or even being mandated by the state potentially.

The general consensus in CA is that the DMV sucks, and this is a potential solution to that problem.

So, at a very quick glance, this seems to be a great business opportunity...all for something as "simple" as a license plate.

How many basic objects do we walk by or use each day that could turn into an opportunity like this?

Makes me wonder... :smile:

Uh, hell no.

Isn't that what all of us are doing with this exact topic?

Not really. There is a lively discussion, and there is arrogant ankle-biting for the sake of being a dickhead know-it-all. The key here is that it does NOT matter what you say, it matters that you are uneducated and you don't get the entire picture. Asterisky-ahole guy is here to educate you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol is this intentionally a little asterisky?

Omg… Was my post? :rofl:

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Lol is this intentionally a little asterisky?

Omg… Was my post? :rofl:
Hahaha yeah it was my not-so-subtle humor!

To be honest, sometimes I do this annoying and provoking tactic when I want to draw out a response from someone with more knowledge or experience who typically does not give out responses or ignores everyone else.

It really works. Want your question answered? Bug them... Use carefully...

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Hahaha yeah it was my not-so-subtle humor!

To be honest, sometimes I do this annoying and provoking tactic when I want to draw out a response from someone with more knowledge or experience who typically does not give out responses or ignores everyone else.

It really works. Want your question answered? Bug them... Use carefully...
Well, you got me then! I do think you see that attitude a LOT on internet communities, I’m not sure why it seems more prevalent here.

Also, this reminds me of something.

Not sure how to do something? Ask for help and no one will help you. Tell people how you’re going to do it (incorrectly) and watch everyone tell you step by step how to do it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well, you got me then! I do think you see that attitude a LOT on internet communities, I’m not sure why it seems more prevalent here.

Also, this reminds me of something.

Not sure how to do something? Ask for help and no one will help you. Tell people how you’re going to do it (incorrectly) and watch everyone tell you step by step how to do it.
BINGO!!! ;)

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Have any of you guys tried bouldering (indoor rock climbing without harness). Super fun and challenging. Just tried it for the first two times this week.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anybody in here sell stuff at craft festivals or similar events?

I haven't done it in over 10 years, and it wasn't profitable for me back then (to be fair, I didn't know jack shit about business).

Do you turn a profit?

I go to craft festivals every year and always wonder if anyone makes enough to make it worth it.

I walk around and usually don't buy anything, but I take home a lot of ideas about what could be improved lol.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Anyone buy Lorex security cameras for their homes?

Are they good? Any other recommendations?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
-Men's clothing without pockets (which is worse... but perhaps there are men who want more form-fitting clothes?)

I find this ironic because now every woman I know including myself will spend extra on clothing if it has pockets. You men don't know how lucky you are to have pockets that are actually big enough to have some sort of utility.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

I have reolink, look to be very similar in the type of setup and price

No complaints at all

They have an app on your phone you can watch the cameras live and a 2tb hard drive

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Anybody in here sell stuff at craft festivals or similar events?

I haven't done it in over 10 years, and it wasn't profitable for me back then (to be fair, I didn't know jack shit about business).

Do you turn a profit?

I go to craft festivals every year and always wonder if anyone makes enough to make it worth it.

I walk around and usually don't buy anything, but I take home a lot of ideas about what could be improved lol.
Yes, this is how I tested my product biz for the first time and I 100% recommend that to everyone on this forum.

It is the fastest, cheapest, realest way to get feedback on any business idea you have, and it requires action and commitment.

I believe in getting off of the computer and in front of real paying customers.

You can do a lot with this too. Business cards, write down names and emails, fliers, promote the next event, other promotions, raffles/giveaways, upsells, you name it!

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Have any of you guys tried bouldering (indoor rock climbing without harness). Super fun and challenging. Just tried it for the first two times this week.
Yes. I used to do it 2-3 times a week. It's a lot of fun. Be very careful on advancing past a certain stage. I have some finger injuries fron probably doing things wrong but also just the stresses involved that still bother me.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I’ve got some Ring stuff. Floodlight camera, doorbell, and two other cameras. They’re ok. The app is nice and they have a good family of products.

I get a lot of deer in the yard at night since I back up to a 20 acre golf hole and woods, the motion alerts piss me off more than anything actually helpful. I live in a gated neighborhood where the worst things that usually happen involve wealthy boomers driving back from the clubhouse blackout drunk. The whole neighborhood has private roads so they often test their luck.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jul 9, 2018
The Tale of Trapped Middle Class:

Corporations: Buy this. It costs x

Middle class: I don't need it and I don't have x

Corporations: Your neighbor has it

Middle class: Alright, but I don't have x

Corporations: My friend over there will give you x. Just give him your time and labor

Middle class: You were right. He gave me x

Corporations: Good! Now, buy this. It costs x

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
FML...

I've not logged onto Facebook and checked the feed for a while.

Why would they suggest this to me?

TikTok is on point with the videos they show to me. There was a day of dumb stuff but now it's all business and marketing related.

YouTube Shorts, and YouTube in general, has it nailed too.

Facebook videos in the video feed are garbage too. Lowest common denominator stuff.

I've been in two minds about posting business and marketing videos on Facebook and Instagram. Their targeting being this poor doesn't encourage me to try (although I will of course).

I made the mistake of checking out the comments. I was going to suggest the billionaire was selling the 999 cookies to pay the salary of the worker and would also hire the immigrant, but figured it best to leave them alone with their pitchforks.

2022-10-18_12-37-38.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.