The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2022
fb_img_1660875476242-jpg.113522

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
It really is a me bias pandemic. This has got to be one of the biggest hurdles to business success in new entrepreneurs.

It’s not about me and never will be.
Yup. Same with Simon Sinek’s “start with Why!” Where he declared that his “why” is to teach me to find my own “why”. F*ck off.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

From a tweet:
"If an unattractive woman gives you the smoothest compliment ever, you’re still not going to say yes. If a 10 simply says “hello,” you’re ready to say yes before you’ve heard anything else she has to say. An irresistible offer will sell itself despite the presentation."

Product beats marketing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Amazon is a multibillion-dollar company that has millions of millions of dollars in profit that they use for stock buybacks and dividends,

What an idiot. Amazon doesn't distribute dividends, and hasn't undergone any buy backs for years (until this year) and relatively speaking, is at the bottom end of tech buybacks.. This is what happens when morons get social media megaphones, morons who should be washing dishes, not asking for compensation comparable to a degreed medical assistant.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
"The group says all 70 members of the campaign will refuse to work with Amazon until it complies with labor union demands, including a $30/hour minimum wage, better working conditions, and a halt to any union-busting tactics"

"Amazon is a multibillion-dollar company that has millions of millions of dollars in profit that they use for stock buybacks and dividends," Joshi said. "They have the capability to give people $30 an hour, and they don't."

30 an hour ???? Aren't they a bit delusional ??
Just because Amazon "could" doesn't mean they should.
What an idiot. Amazon doesn't distribute dividends, and hasn't undergone any buy backs for years (until this year) and relatively speaking, is at the bottom end of tech buybacks.. This is what happens when morons get social media megaphones, morons who should be washing dishes, not asking for compensation comparable to a degreed medical assistant.
I'm sure the world's largest e-commerce company is scared of some attention seeking bitch who barely averages 10k views a video (which means a lot less than 10k on YT) and whose group uses GOOGLE DOCS to broadcast their manifesto.

She might have 100k+ followers on TikTok but TT is riddled with bots (most of my followers on TT are random bots)

It's funny how they have stated they won't accept any sponsorship from Amazon (which I doubt they were getting in the first place) and to not use their links (that no one was probably buying anything from)

They won't commit to not using Amazon for themselves as they love that next day delivery and convenience too much

1660927512881.png

1660927682116.png

G

Guest-5ty5s4

"The group says all 70 members of the campaign will refuse to work with Amazon until it complies with labor union demands, including a $30/hour minimum wage, better working conditions, and a halt to any union-busting tactics"

"Amazon is a multibillion-dollar company that has millions of millions of dollars in profit that they use for stock buybacks and dividends," Joshi said. "They have the capability to give people $30 an hour, and they don't."

30 an hour ???? Aren't they a bit delusional ??
Just because Amazon "could" doesn't mean they should.
Amazon can't.

They cannot pay everyone 30 per hour and still make money. It would be a disaster. Full stop. These people don't know what they're talking about.

Never mind the fact that 30 per hour is a decent rate for a skilled tradesperson with experience (welder, plumber, electrician, fitter, tile, roofing, etc.)

And ya know what? They could probably ditch America and go get workers in other countries for even less than they're paying now. They've already done this to an extent, but could go ape on this strategy and abandon the first world even more.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Has anyone read this author's material?

Just curious to what is so special about Ms. Hoover that she warrants 4 of the top 6 spots on Amazon's top best sellers list among ALL books.

Quite an accomplishment.

Is the writing that good? The story? The character dev? In scenarios like this, I always wonder what sets this author a part from the other 1 billion on Amazon.

1660933727273.png
I used to respect him and Kevin O'Leary, now I won't go near anything they are involved in.

Yea, he'd sell his mother to the highest bidder. 100% money, 0% integrity.

I can't stand the guy. The StartEngine scheme is a prime example. Never has there been a bigger red flag than, "XYZ is backed by K Oleary!"

Again, most of the mega-b/millionaires are Scripted douchebags, telling the average Joe to stop drinking coffee (unless of course, that coffee chain is owned by Mr. Oleary).

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Amazon can't.

They cannot pay everyone 30 per hour and still make money. It would be a disaster. Full stop. These people don't know what they're talking about.

Never mind the fact that 30 per hour is a decent rate for a skilled tradesperson with experience (welder, plumber, electrician, fitter, tile, roofing, etc.)

And ya know what? They could probably ditch America and go get workers in other countries for even less than they're paying now. They've already done this to an extent, but could go ape on this strategy and abandon the first world even more.
It makes me wonder if anyone pushing for a $30/hr wage at Amazon has done the basic math to get an idea of the cost:

(# employees)×(average hours per year)×($30)

A quick Google search suggests 1.6 million full or part time employees at Amazon. Not all are hourly, but just to get an idea.

Let's assume an average 30 hours per week, for 52 weeks per year is 1560 hours per year.

1.6million x 1560 x 30 = about $75 billion per year in wages. Does not count benefits.

But the CEO's salary of $213 million (3/10 of 1 percent of that) is going to bust the budget? Lol.

Those people need to take a math class.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It makes me wonder if anyone pushing for a $30/hr wage at Amazon has done the basic math to get an idea of the cost:

(# employees)×(average hours per year)×($30)

A quick Google search suggests 1.6 million full or part time employees at Amazon. Not all are hourly, but just to get an idea.

Let's assume an average 30 hours per week, for 52 weeks per year is 1560 hours per year.

1.6million x 1560 x 30 = about $75 billion per year in wages. Does not count benefits.

But the CEO's salary of $213 million (3/10 of 1 percent of that) is going to bust the budget? Lol.

Those people need to take a math class.
It would actually be this:

($ 30 per hour) * ( 1,600,000 employees) * (40 hours per week) * (52 weeks in a year) = $99,840,000,000

$99.8 BILLION per year on payroll if they were all paid 30 per hour

but the average could be higher than 30 per hour

Unfortunately, multiplication and eliminating units would be too difficult of math for the majority of humans.

Also, if you go look at Amazon's revenue, this number would be the majority of their expenses (if this was the real number)

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Quite an accomplishment.

I forgot to mention, that a performance like this will likely make this author a mid-8-figure, perhaps a 9-figure author, even with a publisher taking 88%.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Has anyone read this author's material?

Just curious to what is so special about Ms. Hoover that she warrants 4 of the top 6 spots on Amazon's top best sellers list among ALL books.

Quite an accomplishment.

Is the writing that good? The story? The character dev? In scenarios like this, I always wonder what sets this author a part from the other 1 billion on Amazon.

Here's the answer:

In short: social media but mostly seems driven by TikTok.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
The funny moment when a Karen lives up her name... :clench:

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Has anyone ever used discord for cold outreach?

Had a few successes with the leads being in the NFT / VR space and maybe that just discords type of niche.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I saw a video on YouTube this morning that was interesting. Once you get past about page 10 on ANY search engine (google, Bing, duckduckgo, yahoo... Didn't see Brave) the results are all the exact same. Page 11, 12, 13, 14.... All show the same thing on every page, and each page is essentially the same. It's all MSN links and wikipedia. Doesn't matter what the search term is.
This really bothers me.

I tried it out and the same thing happened.

I entered "Victorian dressmaking hem stitch" as my search query, thinking, "This is a very specific, fact-based item. What stitch did they use to hem their dresses? There are several different stitches that have been used throughout history for hemming, and I want to know which one the Victorians used." It's not political. It's not a hot-button topic. It's niche, but not SO niche that no one is talking about it. There's a huge online interest in historical costume design and vintage sewing. r/HistoricalCostuming has 35.4k members. Bernadette Banner has 1.34M subscribers on YouTube. Those are just two examples.

It's basically just a little piece of historical trivia. I know for a fact that people have covered this. Not that I have a specific URL where it was covered... I just know that there is a ton of knowledge and tutorials and hand sewing info, and this is obscure but not THAT obscure. Anyone who has access to extant historical garments can know what hem stitch was used just by looking at the hem. There are thousands of websites and people discussing historical fashion. There are plenty of sewing instruction books surviving from the period. There are thousands of people making a dress and wanting to know what hem stitch would have been accurate for the time. I'm not stretching plausibility when I say I know this is online somewhere.

NONE of the search results had the answer.

And as of page 5 and beyond, you're right - all the remaining results were of the same random URL repeated over and over again. Truly terrible.

What bothers me about this is that by controlling the top search results, they're controlling the prevailing narrative, and by suppressing the bottom search results, there's no remaining option to explore deeper in the search results for alternative viewpoints.

For Victorian dressmaking, who cares? But for topics where it matters... I find it disturbing.

(I also changed my search query to "hem stitch the Victorians used" with no better results.)

An incoming Google update they're calling the “helpful content update” that's "part of a broader effort to ensure people see more original, helpful content written by people, for people, in search results."

The idea is to "better reward content where visitors feel they've had a satisfying experience, while content that doesn't meet a visitor's expectations won't perform as well."

I wish Google stopped taking into account backlinks at all and was able to judge purely the content. It would put a lot of spammers out of business but would be great for content creators.

If this was done well, it would be the perfect solution to the above problem.

Lately, I constantly run into the fact that you can't get good information anymore from searching Google.

For instance, it used to be that if you were troubleshooting a computer problem, you could put in the exact error message, and the search results always gave you great, authoritative, step-by-step instructions. Problem solved.

Now, you just get pages full of garbage. All the results are poorly-written, search-optimized fluff articles.

My husband was having trouble downloading emails to Outlook. It stopped working over a year ago. We were getting a specific error message. I tried googling over and over and kept getting these terrible, useless articles, obviously written by either a bot or a non-native English speaker, all along the lines of, "If you are seeing error XXXX, that's a frustrating problem to have. Before you pull your hair out, try rebooting your computer. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your router. If you've tried those two steps and nothing worked, here's our spammy software program that you can try downloading to fix it." Yeah right. It's like all these spam sites just plugged in all the possible error messages you could see for any reason, wrote up an article for each one that would appear in search results, and used it to hawk their sketchy download.

(I finally stumbled on the answer that fixed my problem after over a year of searching. It was a super obscure path of very specific steps, shared by a random user on an AT&T community forum of all places.)

It's just annoying to me that all these "SEO optimized" useless sites are the ones that get all the top positions, and I don't see that going away with this or any Google update. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ok, switching topics..
What do you guys use for pens when writing? I have switched 100% to writing everything down rather than using a computer. My brain works better, I have 0 distraction, and it just feels good.

However, 100% of the pens I have used are trash. They write poor, or they don't last more than a week, or the ink smears, or some sort of BS issue.

I know some of you guys are hardcore writers, any best pen that you swear by?
Here goes my pen rant.

I'm very picky about my pens.

I'm also extremely fast at handwriting. I used a penmanship curriculum that was developed to optimize the speed of your handwriting while still keeping your writing extremely legible and beautiful. I can write by hand almost as fast as I can type. And my typing speed is around 90 wpm.

So most pens don't do the trick for me. They struggle to keep up with my pace, and they don't meet my picky standards.

Bad options
  • Gel pens are the worst. They always have skips and gaps where no ink is laid down. This happens with any kind of pen with gel ink unless you write very slowly. Writing slowly is dumb. So gel pens are out. Don't even bother.
  • Cheapo pen brands (excluding Bic). Just no.

Good options...
I would try all these to see what you like the best, because pen preference is a personal choice.

• Pilot V5 pens are lovely, but if you ever make the mistake of taking one on a plane, you'll have a pen that leaks ink everywhere. They don't write well on glossy surfaces. They're great other than that, though.
  • Uni-Ball Vision pens are also pretty good, but the ink line they lay down is a little thick for my taste, and they run out of ink super fast. So if you're doing a lot of hand writing, you'll just need to expect to replace your pen pretty frequently. But if you don't care about that and you like the look of a bolder line, these work flawlessly.
  • Sharpie pens (not Sharpie markers) are pretty solid. If you have a heavy hand, their tips get damaged pretty easily, so they only work well if you don't bear down hard on your pens. They also run out of ink a bit too quickly for my taste, but they work fabulously while they work.
  • Pigma Micron pens are another strong choice. They're almost more like a very fine-tip felt-tip marker. I always feel like I'm writing with extra precision whenever I use one of these. Main complaints: They're expensive, and they run out of ink fast.
  • MY OVERALL FAVORITE PEN, as surprising as it might seem, is the lowly (or heavenly?!) BIC PEN. They write as fast as I want. They don't leak or smear. They leave a good line - not as perfect as the Pigma Micron, but a solid line at just the right thickness with no skips. And they last forever.

High five, MitchC! Right on!
View attachment 44698
These bad boys are the best

The slightly fancier pens are scratchy and the ink always bleeds and smudges, I've always assumed the really expensive ones would be the same.

Lamy is a good pen brand if you really want something a bit nicer, but I bought my gf a really cool one for her work and she never uses it, she prefers the cheaper ones too.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Yup. Same with Simon Sinek’s “start with Why!” Where he declared that his “why” is to teach me to find my own “why”. F*ck off.

This dude grinds my gears. Thought I was the only one... so overrated.

Reverse engineers companies like Apple and lays out how they made their decisions... highly unlikely, how does he have any clue???

From what I can see with a quick glance at his bio he's never had any other real business apart from feel-good start with why bs and the extensions of all that.

People love him though, so whatever.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
After swearing off social media for the last month or so, I was forced to dig back into it for research purposes.

What an incredibly depressing and sad bunch of people. This feels like all the worst parts of society congregated into one place. :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
After swearing off social media for the last month or so, I was forced to dig back into it for research purposes.

What an incredibly depressing and sad bunch of people. This feels like all the worst parts of society congregated into one place. :rofl:

I looked at my screen time the other day and how much time Twitter occupied in my life. I promptly deleted it off of my phone. I haven’t had the Facebook app on my phone in years.

If I must use Twitter, it’s not going to be mindlessly scrolling on my phone. It’s going to be deliberate on my PC for my radio show.

I have learned that protecting my phone from such attention thieving apps is a good policy for personal productivity and happiness.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
I looked at my screen time the other day and how much time Twitter occupied in my life. I promptly deleted it off of my phone. I haven’t had the Facebook app on my phone in years.

If I must use Twitter, it’s not going to be mindlessly scrolling on my phone. It’s going to be deliberate on my PC for my radio show.

I have learned that protecting my phone from such attention thieving apps is a good policy for personal productivity and happiness.
That was me pre-purge - I was averaging 2+ hours a day. Such a mindless waste of time and I'm glad to be rid of the apps/temptation.

Sadly, I still need to use FB for work stuff which was just as addicting so I started using a feed blocker on my desktop. It's been huge for my productivity and keeps me from getting sucked in when going on to respond to messages, check groups, etc. for my business.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's the answer:

In short: social media but mostly seems driven by TikTok.

So basically, it sounds like she's a good author who is a better social media marketer. And I must mention, a pure productocracy, as people are recommending her work over and over.

looked at my screen time the other day and how much time Twitter occupied in my life.

TikTok (and now IG shorts) is insanely addictive. I even struggle to get off there after a few moments. What a great tool to give 15 year old kids. Last night I saw 2 kids skateboarding in the middle of the street which is pretty dangerous around here with the people who drive 2X the speed limit, however what was absolutely stunning is, they both had their heads down, staring at their smartphones, while SKATEBOARDING! In the middle of the street! It was pretty sad to watch.

I've said before on here that I don't believe humans survive the next 100 or so years, and if we do, it will be apocalyptic. This is one of the reasons why I've come to that conclusion. You can't have entire generations who are brain dead and unable to focus on the simplest of tasks, and survive, at least well.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
That was me pre-purge - I was averaging 2+ hours a day. Such a mindless waste of time and I'm glad to be rid of the apps/temptation.

Sadly, I still need to use FB for work stuff which was just as addicting so I started using a feed blocker on my desktop. It's been huge for my productivity and keeps me from getting sucked in when going on to respond to messages, check groups, etc. for my business.
It is all designed to grab hours of your life without your objection.

It’s not even like I wanted to be scrolling Twitter. It has not bothered me at all to just not have it.

It’s the mindlessness that is shocking.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I command-line killed Play Store and the Browser for this reason. *shrug*

edit: It's tricky but worth it...
How to uninstall pre-installed system apps (bloatware) from Android phones without root

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2022
So basically, it sounds like she's a good author who is a better social media marketer. And I must mention, a pure productocracy, as people are recommending her work over and over.

TikTok (and now IG shorts) is insanely addictive. I even struggle to get off there after a few moments. What a great tool to give 15 year old kids. Last night I saw 2 kids skateboarding in the middle of the street which is pretty dangerous around here with the people who drive 2X the speed limit, however what was absolutely stunning is, they both had their heads down, staring at their smartphones, while SKATEBOARDING! In the middle of the street! It was pretty sad to watch.

I've said before on here that I don't believe humans survive the next 100 or so years, and if we do, it will be apocalyptic. This is one of the reasons why I've come to that conclusion. You can't have entire generations who are brain dead and unable to focus on the simplest of tasks, and survive, at least well.

We're evolving into the Borg.

So far it's disorganized and decentralized, and the mob mostly works online. But it's transitioning to the real world. Look at "lone-wolf" terrorism fueled by online incitement. Same with political violence on the left and the right. A better organized example is flash mob looting.

Someone will refine the communication link and create an army.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
We're evolving into the Borg.

So far it's disorganized and decentralized, and the mob mostly works online. But it's transitioning to the real world. Look at "lone-wolf" terrorism fueled by online incitement. Same with political violence on the left and the right. A better organized example is flash mob looting.

Someone will refine the communication link and create an army.
Personal though has already been given to others to do. I'd wager to say that 70% of the planet had their critical thinking skills removed during this "pandemic". Whatever side you are on, it does not matter, 70% of thinking skills were removed.

I look at my family. I have successful engineers, a C level executive, some retired engineers and a few others. Literally the only one of my dad's family that can still think and question is my dad. Everyone else can't even look at something that makes perfect sense outside of any narrative and not even question it.

My own brothers and cousins, I have 1 cousin who can still think, and about 8 who shut their brains off. My brothers, 2 refuse to use their brains, and the ex Commie actually woke up and is seeing what is going on.

Heck, my oldest brother, who I always considered to be far more intelligent than me, can't think about ANYTHING outside of the narrative now. I was trying to bring up a discussion about Marvel, marvel of all things, and he can't even see it outside the narrative. I was frustrated at the direction it is going, and how every new character craps on old established characters, and the new young ones are instantly better than them at everything. He has the pre scripted "Disney excuse" for everything, you can't even debate him on that.

Imagine how much worse it is on things of meaning and substance. No one can question the narrative on anything! Not even brain dead movies.

I have a friend with genius level IQ who as a child was doing things on computers that the adults could not do. Today he is so far stuck in the system it doesn't even matter. He follows the narrative and the "experts" hook line and sinker every word.

Hell, even my wife gets stuck. She had a blood test the other day and they were worried about her cholesterol and sugar levels. Something is up as she eats pretty good and is very petite, however recently had 2 kids and she is sedentary lately. I told her to start moving, a bit of exercise is probably the #1 thing she can do as she already has the diet pretty solid, cut out the odd juice and drink and replace with water. Well her doctor told her "the only thing you can do is change your diet" which is 100% false. I told her that doctors were told whatever in school in order to graduate, and almost none of them look outside that or gather new information. Hell, a pamphlet she was looking at for healthy alternatives for food said that margarine was good for you!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done ranting for now

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Personal though has already been given to others to do. I'd wager to say that 70% of the planet had their critical thinking skills removed during this "pandemic". Whatever side you are on, it does not matter, 70% of thinking skills were removed.

I look at my family. I have successful engineers, a C level executive, some retired engineers and a few others. Literally the only one of my dad's family that can still think and question is my dad. Everyone else can't even look at something that makes perfect sense outside of any narrative and not even question it.

My own brothers and cousins, I have 1 cousin who can still think, and about 8 who shut their brains off. My brothers, 2 refuse to use their brains, and the ex Commie actually woke up and is seeing what is going on.

Heck, my oldest brother, who I always considered to be far more intelligent than me, can't think about ANYTHING outside of the narrative now. I was trying to bring up a discussion about Marvel, marvel of all things, and he can't even see it outside the narrative. I was frustrated at the direction it is going, and how every new character craps on old established characters, and the new young ones are instantly better than them at everything. He has the pre scripted "Disney excuse" for everything, you can't even debate him on that.

Imagine how much worse it is on things of meaning and substance. No one can question the narrative on anything! Not even brain dead movies.

I have a friend with genius level IQ who as a child was doing things on computers that the adults could not do. Today he is so far stuck in the system it doesn't even matter. He follows the narrative and the "experts" hook line and sinker every word.

Hell, even my wife gets stuck. She had a blood test the other day and they were worried about her cholesterol and sugar levels. Something is up as she eats pretty good and is very petite, however recently had 2 kids and she is sedentary lately. I told her to start moving, a bit of exercise is probably the #1 thing she can do as she already has the diet pretty solid, cut out the odd juice and drink and replace with water. Well her doctor told her "the only thing you can do is change your diet" which is 100% false. I told her that doctors were told whatever in school in order to graduate, and almost none of them look outside that or gather new information. Hell, a pamphlet she was looking at for healthy alternatives for food said that margarine was good for you!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done ranting for now
The fact that the majority of doctors don't look for new knowledge or simply give academic solutions (take the pill!) is worrying.
My mother is taking pills for cholesterol. The didn't do shit. I'm sure a bit of adjustement to the lifestyle would do well, but heck, not being an "authority" will not get me heard.
I'm sure the world's largest e-commerce company is scared of some attention seeking bitch who barely averages 10k views a video (which means a lot less than 10k on YT) and whose group uses GOOGLE DOCS to broadcast their manifesto.

She might have 100k+ followers on TikTok but TT is riddled with bots (most of my followers on TT are random bots)

It's funny how they have stated they won't accept any sponsorship from Amazon (which I doubt they were getting in the first place) and to not use their links (that no one was probably buying anything from)

They won't commit to not using Amazon for themselves as they love that next day delivery and convenience too much

View attachment 44794

View attachment 44795
"Therapy isn't enough but we need Biden to act on climate NOW"
Lol what ??
F*ck it, if THIS is activism

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 19

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.