The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
F*ck Marvel. F*ck MCU. F*ck Disney.

You're a little late, I stopped watching that crap about 7 years ago. Absolutely unwatchable then, can't imagine how unwatchable it is now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You're a little late, I stopped watching that crap about 7 years ago. Absolutely unwatchable then, can't imagine how unwatchable it is now.
Two moms MJ, two moms! Every single Disney show or cartoon rams this stuff in it. @Kak has gotten many an angry text from me after I finish up watching some cartoon with my kids and that BS shows up front and center.

Mind you with that leaked video from some Disney VP cackling about throwing it into every show and seeing what she can get away with I understand why. I don't know why I keep watching it, but there is always a lesson as to why I should stop.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Two moms MJ, two moms! Every single Disney show or cartoon rams this stuff in it. @Kak has gotten many an angry text from me after I finish up watching some cartoon with my kids and that BS shows up front and center.

Mind you with that leaked video from some Disney VP cackling about throwing it into every show and seeing what she can get away with I understand why. I don't know why I keep watching it, but there is always a lesson as to why I should stop.

I don't let my kid watch any cartoons on Netflix newer than 2016.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
We talked about it with a friend yesterday. It's sad because Disney buys everything. We have a Marvel movie or a series every two months, and soon it will be Star Wars' turn to be destroyed like Disney. Not to mention the latest "trilogy" haha. Their films are stuffed with special effects, I can't get into them at all...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Star Wars' turn to be destroyed like Disney.

Star Wars was already ruined with Mary Sue... that was what, 2014? They have also become unwatchable.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Star Wars was already ruined with Mary Sue... that was what, 2014? They have also become unwatchable.
For me the best trilogy remains that of a new hope, until the return of the jedi.
There is the series on obi wan coming out at the end of this month, but I have very little hope haha.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Worrying works! More than 90 percent of the things I worry about never happen.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
Does anyone know a browser's plug-in that deactivate the news feed in LinkedIn?

Each time I log in, my eyes bleed from stuff like.
I am delighted to be a ....
I am excited to join...
#Momazonians
#TechWoman
#DadinAmission
#HRcareaboutme
#mycompanylovesme....
#10yearanniversaryinmycompany WOW I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
YouTube Channel Idea: Channel where you answer 1 question per video that would normally be answered with "it depends" only you give a straight answer.

For example: "How long does it take to learn the guitar?"

Answer that question with a very specific, detailed timeframe based on skill level or something. I dunno. Just don't give me this bullshit about "it depends."

You could even do YouTube shorts or TikTok videos with a super super super simple answer... "How long does it take to learn guitar?" "6 months." end of video.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
My next chapter is in the African market.

Boy... In some countries, the amount of blatant corruption needed to get simple things done is mind-boggling. Worst, if you don't pay and do the things right, they go out of their way to block you.

Act ethically and you get a bulleye on your back... Smh

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So strange, USA was like all open virus everywhere the whole pandemic while Australia went full nazi and everyone hid at home terrified. I thought USA had the right idea and was thinking of moving there.

Now Aus has opened up and removed all the mandates and I haven’t seen a mask since. No one mentions the “pandemic” or even thinks about it, no one gives a F*ck at all.

Meanwhile USA is still doing this spastic shit. You guys must be so F*cking beyond over it, what is wrong with the people in your country.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
They need to be cancelled. I didn't see two moms or any obviously trans zer/zems!!!! How dare they!!!!!

Needs more masks too
Agreed. And I saw not ONE SINGLE PERSON… NOT ONE… Supporting Ukraine. Ridiculous. :rage:

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Agreed. And I saw not ONE SINGLE PERSON… NOT ONE… Supporting Ukraine. Ridiculous. :rage:
No pregnant men either

Attachments

• E0A26474-D1BE-46A8-B8FB-F2E47BD463BF.jpeg
    E0A26474-D1BE-46A8-B8FB-F2E47BD463BF.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 36
  • DC6370E7-C02B-46C7-A7B6-3EFD6863FBCD.jpeg
    DC6370E7-C02B-46C7-A7B6-3EFD6863FBCD.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 32
G

Guest-5ty5s4

So strange, USA was like all open virus everywhere the whole pandemic while Australia went full nazi and everyone hid at home terrified. I thought USA had the right idea and was thinking of moving there.

Now Aus has opened up and removed all the mandates and I haven’t seen a mask since. No one mentions the “pandemic” or even thinks about it, no one gives a F*ck at all.

Meanwhile USA is still doing this spastic shit. You guys must be so F*cking beyond over it, what is wrong with the people in your country.
That’s the thing, real life is not like this commercial at all. They paint the illusion.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
That’s the thing, real life is not like this commercial at all. They paint the illusion.
Yeah that’s a fair point, I don’t watch tv here so I have no idea what our commercials and news are like, probably much the same

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'll add a little lighter fluid to this fire here... fresh of the press:

Vancouver City Council proposes Empty Stores Tax to reduce vacant storefronts

You heard it right. In a world where bad retail is struggling, those in power want to tax it. Brilliant, on par with your comment above.

I am laughing from the tragedy of this situation. That's all that's left for us to do, laugh.

Edit: Seriously fuming over here at this. It is easily the stupidest thing our industry has seen in decades, if not generations. It's very hard to top this level of stupidity.
From my experience nothing the government does is stupid. They know exactly what they are doing, for me I try to follow the money. If a retail store owner can survive still after covid, the owner most likely owns his property or has an old lease that is well below market value and has no problem paying the lease. This tax is most likely to get these retailers to close and sell the property to developers, or make way for the building to be converted into a higher tax earning piece of real estate, condo, etc...

Saw something similar here in Toronto long-standing mom and pop type stores, used bookstores, small family owned restaurants and retailers in business for 30+ years sold during the covid down. They cashed out on the property value retired and moved out. City developers can then buy up the city block they need and build a condo. The lower floor of the condo will be retail, at the higher market rate. The only businesses that can afford that rate will be established franchise type businesses. City gets more tax revenue from all the condos and stores when before were maybe 10-12 small businesses there.

The restrictions on businesses inside of the city downtown were a lot more restrictive than anywhere else. Even though the covid hot spots were in smaller cities hours away. Condo construction here was never forced to stop during all of covid, hence follow the money.
I would think there would be a market for them suits, so civilians can blend in with troops?

Rant on Voting. In Canada's last election 3 out of 5 people voted. 1 out of 3 voters voted for the now government. Meaning 1 out of 5 (20%) people in Canada who could vote, voted for the Government in power. If voting was actually done to get the voice of the people, no one would be "elected" unless they got a majority of all the votes of the citizens. A no vote would count as much as a voided vote. Elections would be redone, or candidates replaced until a candidate got enough votes to get an actual majority.

Second rant, from my understanding the whole point of having elected officials for different regions of the country, states, cities, etc... was because back when governments were being formed it took a very long time and was hard to communicate from various areas of the countries. So each region would elect an official who would travel to the political center to voice the concerns of their region. In today's world, this is no longer the case, people's opinions can easily be polled on the internet and we now have elected officials who don't even live in the areas they are elected for.

Another thing to add to all the crazy stuff going on in the world. Came across this article about Italy creating a social credit system. Sounds crazy to believe, reminds me of the insurance companies offering better rates if allow them to put tracking on your car.
Italy Announces Rollout of Dystopian Social Credit System; Compliant Citizens Will Be Rewarded For “Good Behaviour”

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That's the point helping them in whatttttttt with whaaaat ? you have the feeling that you can help many people that have different problem (depending on your skill of course) and that analysis paralise, fomo hit you. and that cycle keep repeating again and again. anyway it's a bad moment and nothing that i can't overcome it
I will help you pick out something you can do to help others for a consulting fee if $1000. :)

Last edited:

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Does anyone know a browser's plug-in that deactivate the news feed in LinkedIn?

Each time I log in, my eyes bleed from stuff like.
I am delighted to be a ....
I am excited to join...
#Momazonians
#TechWoman
#DadinAmission
#HRcareaboutme
#mycompanylovesme....
#10yearanniversaryinmycompany WOW I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!
News feed eradicator for chrome
It also can remove Facebook feed, Twitter, pretty much all socials
It can even put a quote instead of the feed ! Really good for when I navigate on my laptop with a purpose

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
News feed eradicator for chrome
It also can remove Facebook feed, Twitter, pretty much all socials
It can even put a quote instead of the feed ! Really good for when I navigate on my laptop with a purpose
Thank you ! I was looking for this since some months

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Paid for by Home Depot?

Seriously, didn't have time to comment before, but this makes me never want to visit Lowes ever again. There's a HDepot and a Lowes within 500 yards of each other in the neighboring town, and just the other day I chose HD (despite the parking lot being a mess) because I remembered this dumb a$$ commercial. Perfect example of negative skew.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.