The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Today I have to rant. So sick of these Covid restrictions.

I am supposed to fly home to my country, who requires a test before departure. Arrive in the airport at 6.20 pm, only to find out that the F*cking test center closed at 6 pm. Nowhere near enough to get a Covid test. This is a big airport. Don't make F*cking sense.

Stressed out about the situation I instantly try to book a flight for tomorrow. Some error happens and I try again. In my stress I somehow manage to book the expensive flight, only to realize that I have booked for the 28th of May, and not tomorrow (like wtf). And without refund or cancelation available and a customer service that don't reply, I had to splash out to buy a new ticket for tomorrow.

Sure, I am an idiot. But F*ck me I am so tired of Europe and it's Covid shit. In July they will introduce mandatory Covid passports again. This is not the Europe I grew up in. What a shit hole EU is trying to create.
I can't imagine why Europeans would want to centralize everything, and allow disdainful idiots from 100+ miles away to impose restrictions on them. But I guess everyone has to try it once. We were the united States, now we're the United States. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I find it hilarious that everyone was freaking out over Elon buying Twitter, but so few people were freaking out over the owner of Fox News buying Myspace.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Myspace is still around? That is hilarious.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Myspace is still around? That is hilarious.
haha it is, but my point about Murdoch buying MySpace is old: that happened back when Tom Anderson sold it. The thing is, nobody really threw a fit over who the buyer was back then.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I find it hilarious that everyone was freaking out over Elon buying Twitter, but so few people were freaking out over the owner of Fox News buying Myspace.
People generally find highly intelligent people scary. So Elon is a monster. Right?

Wait …. What does that say about Fox (or CNN for that matter)?!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
FSQq-MKWQAADav2

The market needs a parking space more than it needs a gender studies graduate

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

FSQq-MKWQAADav2

The market needs a parking space more than it needs a gender studies graduate
This shows that they really don’t understand how economics work!

There are plenty of inanimate objects that rent for more than the hourly rate I make at my job, and are fully justified. The two are not related.

But of course, the fastlane is about detaching your income from your hours!

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Why not make it your goal to help people, and to get paid helping people? “New ideas” and “shiny objects” suddenly don’t make sense.
That's the point helping them in whatttttttt with whaaaat ? you have the feeling that you can help many people that have different problem (depending on your skill of course) and that analysis paralise, fomo hit you. and that cycle keep repeating again and again. anyway it's a bad moment and nothing that i can't overcome it

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's the point helping them in whatttttttt with whaaaat ? you have the feeling that you can help many people that have different problem (depending on your skill of course) and that analysis paralise, fomo hit you. and that cycle keep repeating again and again. anyway it's a bad moment and nothing that i can't overcome it

Business is simple:
  • Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
  • (Start. Sell. Scale.)

Helping people:
  • Are you helping people every single day? Maybe online?
  • If so, what are you helping them with?
  • I pop into this forum every single day and help people with a bit of marketing, business, and maybe even life advice. (I don't get paid for it mind.)

Getting paid:
  • What skills are you currently getting paid for, or have you ever got paid for? (In a job for instance.)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I guess there is some movie out now about voter fraud in 2020, and it was handed to the authorities before being released.

I have no desire to look into it other than to read the "fact checkers" as a personal joke. Politifact fact checked it based on "experts who viewed the trailer" and character assassination of the guy who made the film.

Good job lads.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Am I ever glad that the new Dr. Strange included the plot development point of a teenage girl having two moms! I'm sure your mom's are just fine kid, look how well they raised you. But my two moms!

Thanks Disney.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
on polarization and a solving specific need for a specific someone:

"my feeling is that someone who wants to find this information(product) will find it, and LOVE IT, and those who don't want to find it will stay away".

I won't please them all and I shouldn't, but I can have those who need it, want it, DESIRE IT, really love it!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
the biggest problem most intelligent people face is domain excellence crippled by an inability to convey their ideas to the layperson.
I feel like I deal with this.

My listeners are not laypeople. But the world I live in, the people around me most of the time, they are.

I can say things on my radio show and people understand me. I can say those same things to an average person and they have no clue what I’m talking about.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

My listeners are not laypeople. But the world I live in, the people around me most of the time, they are.

I can say things on my radio show and people understand me. I can say those same things to an average person and they have no clue what I’m talking about.
What are you talking about, Kyle?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Those topics like inflation, interest rates and finance are hard to explain to people without explaining a lot of other info first. It’s technical in nature.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
My son’s Professor told his students a saas idea, whith which he s making good money. He said he would help them to get such a saas running.
So my son asked me about my opinion. Guess, what I told him!

Danny_Cox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Apr 26, 2022
Bristol, UK
How this gets 350,000+ views is beyond me.
Indeed, it's low effort, but getting views on YouTube—as I understand it as an outsider—is about two things: algorithm and existing following. Sadly, it seems some amount of trash is always gonna get traction.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

My son’s Professor told his students a saas idea, whith which he s making good money. He said he would help them to get such a saas running.
So my son asked me about my opinion. Guess, what I told him!
Absorb all he can like a sponge and dive into action??

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Am I ever glad that the new Dr. Strange included the plot development point of a teenage girl having two moms! I'm sure your mom's are just fine kid, look how well they raised you. But my two moms!

Thanks Disney.

F*ck Marvel. F*ck MCU. F*ck Disney.

Want to watch a real movie?

Go see - The Northman

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Basically they were banned overnight for no reason and then thanks to their community and a lot of controversy YouTube unbanned them.

As they emphasize in the article:

The issue was promptly fixed only because our community had a voice.

For the vast majority of independent video creators on YouTube who fall under the shadows of arbitrary banning, that’s a luxury they don’t have.

The same thing happened to me with my channel of 30,000+ subscribers but since I had no social media presence I was never able to get my channel back.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Those topics like inflation, interest rates and finance are hard to explain to people without explaining a lot of other info first. It’s technical in nature.
Amen.

I recently realised that economics is probably the first thing to learn for investing...not fundamentals or technical analysis. This is because the debt cycle has been powering sector rotation as Ray Dalio ordered.

And it really angers me that the folks I learnt the investing/trading craft on only had half-eaten knowledge on economics!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.