The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Was looking into zero-gravity workstations and found this doozy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3iathMo7o

All that's missing is an intravenous drip of Mountain Dew and a 25mg prescription to Metformin for the diabetes you'll have. :rofl:
That’s wicked.
Provigil plus a urinary catheter plus a saline drip and you’re golden

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I swear to God, if I hear or read the phrase "free training" again I'm going to punch someone through the monitor.

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
Mexico
Pre any economic crisis there is always a "clue" that can be picked up by the illusionary properties of our senses and processed into clarity.

Remember back in 2008 the clue was your broke uncle and cousin buying a $500k house in the latest and newest developed community?

Whats the clue today? What basic principles of economics are we bypassing or "violating"?

Im afraid to say i see it in the free money our government has handed out to any joe blow bypassing scarcity.

Who knows. Not hating. Just saying.

theag

Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 19, 2012
In Germany, appreciation on physical and paper gold is tax free after holding it for one year.

There is now a new proposal from the ministry of finance to abolish this exemption for paper gold.

Conveniently, this happens just a few days after the EU decided on their new plans to rob us.

Physical gold will probably be next. And at some point, owning gold will be prohibited again.

Raoul Duke

You wouldn't get it.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Lamborghini? How about a helicopter! Would be amazing to just jump in a heli and fly around sipping a bottle of wine. #goals

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I just went on my first ever online date after tons of rejections by either single moms, severely obese ladies or somehow matching with transvestites :rofl: @Xeon

Interesting experience, did a hike in my area and talked about life. Pretty cool, let's see if it goes somewhere?

I've been killing myself in the past few years with my shitty slave jobs that I missed out on some of the most basic things of life.... and now driving myself to the brink of insanity dealing with ''running a business'' well, I can't really call it that, to much work left to do.

Let's get this million.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YxpupyuXw

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I just went on my first ever online date after tons of rejections by either single moms, severely obese ladies or somehow matching with transvestites :rofl: @Xeon

Interesting experience, did a hike in my area and talked about life. Pretty cool, let's see if it goes somewhere?

I've been killing myself in the past few years with my shitty slave jobs that I missed out on some of the most basic things of life.... and now driving myself to the brink of insanity dealing with ''running a business'' well, I can't really call it that, to much work left to do.

Let's get this million.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YxpupyuXw
Single moms are good if they're hot. But it's always more of a fling with them rather than actual relationship or settling down....

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Xeon

I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Interesting to see how this develops:

Yes. We live in a crazy time.

Tiktok is a good platform for advertising. The duration is exactly designed for what a commercial ad feels like.

ByteDance and its founder are an ambitious group of people. The ultimate goal of Tiktok is to serve as an all in one app to eat into the market share of youtube, facebook, Tinder or even whatsapp.

In the founder’s word is to build an empire that extends its border naturally and incrementally.

Xeon

I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Yes. We live in a crazy time.

Tiktok is a good platform for advertising. The duration is exactly designed for what a commercial ad feels like.

ByteDance and its founder are an ambitious group of people. The ultimate goal of Tiktok is to serve as an all in one app to eat into the market share of youtube, facebook, Tinder or even whatsapp.

In the founder’s word is to build an empire that extends its border naturally and incrementally.
I suspect if TikTok really gets sold to MS, ByteDance will probably still retain some sort of control or shares in the app, and it's probably sold to MS to get around the whole "China spy app" issue (after all, if it becomes MS's product, they can finally say it's an American app and US/India has lesser grounds to ban it).

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I suspect if TikTok really gets sold to MS, ByteDance will probably still retain some sort of control or shares in the app, and it's probably sold to MS to get around the whole "China spy app" issue (after all, if it becomes MS's product, they can finally say it's an American app and US/India has lesser grounds to ban it).
Eventually I suspect its is business competition. Facebook and Youtube do not want that. National security is sort of a distraction.

The fact is TENCENTS and wechat already banned all Bytedance product. You cannot use ByteDance products on Tencents platforms. Pony Ma wanted to acquire ByteDance to form part his empire. Zhang YiMing told him that he didn’t start his company to work for TENCENTS. After that it is war.

Chinese Tech companies have always been banning each other on their own platforms to try to kill of the growth of competitors.

TikTok is not a hardware company. I see the national security and data privacy argument as bogus. My Apple phone collects more data with their facial id system.

There is legal technicality issue as well. The government cannot ban users from downloading the app or get the telco company to block access to TikTok. It will trigger first amendment legal issues. Probably it will Drag for years even if Trump wanted to ban.

Mutant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2018
London

Just as an interesting aside - in the UK we don't pay taxes one lottery wins.
Big whoop, right?
BUT
this is because we don't pay tax on any form of betting or gambling wins.

This includes financial spread betting.

So if any of my UK taxpayer peeps are considering a little share trading on the side, & like the idea of no commission, stamp duty, or capital gains tax (& are or become knowledgable enough to handle a high risk leveraged product of course) then look into spread betting.

It also means you can't offset loses for tax either, but come on.

Xeon

I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Eventually I suspect its is business competition. Facebook and Youtube do not want that. National security is sort of a distraction.

The fact is TENCENTS and wechat already banned all Bytedance product. You cannot use ByteDance products on Tencents platforms. Pony Ma wanted to acquire ByteDance to form part his empire. Zhang YiMing told him that he didn’t start his company to work for TENCENTS. After that it is war.

Chinese Tech companies have always been banning each other on their own platforms to try to kill of the growth of competitors.

TikTok is not a hardware company. I see the national security and data privacy argument as bogus. My Apple phone collects more data with their facial id system.

There is legal technicality issue as well. The government cannot ban users from downloading the app or get the telco company to block access to TikTok. It will trigger first amendment legal issues. Probably it will Drag for years even if Trump wanted to ban.
Update: TikTok: China's ByteDance agrees to divest US operations after Trump threat

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
Mexico
Bill Still, a critic of central banking. Talks about tally sticks and the tally stick system. I niether agree nor disagree with anything in the video. Im just awe struck that a piece of wood was used as money at one point.

This is where the etymology of the word stockholder came from. Because they would use tally sticks to buy corporations. The bottom side of the stick was called the stock hence the word stock holder.

Check it out. Cool stuff.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVAabQ0JcM

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom