The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
... did he say the sheriff's uniform is a "clown costume"? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Some of the American 1st & 2nd Amendment auditors are a different breed. Brass balls lmao

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
RANT:

Travelling is overrated.

9-5 peeps "travelling" is not really travelling.

Most people travel because others travel and it's become sort of a societal dogma.

Travel is a cringe word IMO.

Vacation is also a cringe word IMO.

Is time-constricted (9-5 peeps) travelling/vacation really worth it? (no IMO).

Sorry for the rant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

RANT:

Travelling is overrated.

Most people travel because others travel and it's become sort of a societal dogma.

Sorry for the rant.
I wanna hear more. What's the alternative?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I wanna hear more. What's the alternative?
If I ever decide to "travel" it's going to be for a few months, with nobody breathing over my back. But then again, I'll only do it when I truly WANT to not because my friend Joe posted some Dubai pictures on instagram.

You'll also not see one picture nor will you ever know I went on "vacation".

Hope you get my point :)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If I ever decide to "travel" it's going to be for a few months, with nobody breathing over my back. But then again, I'll only do it when I truly WANT to not because my friend Joe posted some Dubai pictures on instagram.

Hope you get my point
I'm with you on that. The last vacation photo I posted was probably in 2013, right around the time I deleted my Facebook. I made another one to talk to people for the meetup like 5ish years ago, but that's all I used it for.

I want to enjoy life. Not pose for photos pretending to enjoy my life so people I don't care about can be envious of it.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I'm with you on that. The last vacation photo I posted was probably in 2013, right around the time I deleted my Facebook. I made another one to talk to people for the meetup like 5ish years ago, but that's all I used it for.

I want to enjoy life. Not pose for photos pretending to enjoy my life so people I don't care about can be envious of it.
I like seeing the places other people visit :palm:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
most people are time-wasting morons

associate with a few winners and ignore the rest

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
RANT:

Travelling is overrated.

Sorry for the rant.

Call me crazy but I just clicked this thread to post this, and then I see your post. Lol. Ok whatever...

I think travel is hugely overvalued it's a whole lot of ballache and stress for an often mediocre experience.

I think this comes from it being so inaccessible to previous generations so huge value is put on it (like university). Not to mention its a 'flex' (eww).

Why do I want to travel on a metal tube for 7 hours, get in a metal box for a couple of hours, endure crowds, and queueing to set up in a hotel room (temporary living with none of my personal preferences) to see some slight variations in scenery? Blurgh.

I also think this about people who think sitting on a beach doing 'work' is cool (you're not getting anything done, nor are the conditions enjoyable imo).

I couldn't think of anything worse than constantly traveling to different places with no base and setup. I understand for others this is genuinely their dream, but for me. Naaa. Horrible.

Give me a 10/10 life setup any day, why should I want to leave when all of my needs are being met?

(not saying you can't go on a trip now and again lol)

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
CHARGE MORE FOR YOUR SERVICE my friends!

People correlate price with value. Even if you're offering it to help out at a "discounted" price, especially to close family members, it means jack sometimes to these people.

I read a thread on here that you should never do anything for free because people associate free as the same as garbage or defective.

I guess it didn't really internalize back then.

Value = Money.

After pouring my effort into this website last year at a discounted price(I think it was less than $200) because this man was a close family friend, something I'd usually charge $3,500 for now a days, he goes on to say "I'll bring it to another agency that charges more this year".

Results of this current website? With $200, he's bringing in 3-5 new clients a month. That's 36-60 clients just last year.
----
Here's the kicker. He's in the flooring business so each client is worth $800-5,000.

Last edited:

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Learned/learning lately that it’s a waste of time to be too regretful. It just makes things worse. So I’m not regretting as much and I’m more productive. Better to see things less personally and document what happened and create a better plan to improve and avoid the same mistake

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Call me crazy but I just clicked this thread to post this, and then I see your post. Lol. Ok whatever...

I think travel is hugely overvalued it's a whole lot of ballache and stress for an often mediocre experience.

I think this comes from it being so inaccessible to previous generations so huge value is put on it (like university). Not to mention its a 'flex' (eww).

Why do I want to travel on a metal tube for 7 hours, get in a metal box for a couple of hours, endure crowds, and queueing to set up in a hotel room (temporary living with none of my personal preferences) to see some slight variations in scenery? Blurgh.

I also think this about people who think sitting on a beach doing 'work' is cool (you're not getting anything done, nor are the conditions enjoyable imo).

I couldn't think of anything worse than constantly traveling to different places with no base and setup. I understand for others this is genuinely their dream, but for me. Naaa. Horrible.

Give me a 10/10 life setup any day, why should I want to leave when all of my needs are being met?

(not saying you can't go on a trip now and again lol)
Like my rich friend says, "my backyard is my vacation spot" and you should see his backyard...

Kinda like why MJ doesn't really need to leave his house... he probably has a better view/environment than any vacation can offer him.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Travelling is the best I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

Why would you want to spend your entire life in your backyard and hometown when there’s an entire world of different experiences and places to explore.

Yes travel is more accessible now but I think it’s more that this generation has worked out that buying things and having a house full of stuff doesn’t bring much happiness and that experiences are far more joyful and life enhancing.

I do agree with 1 thing though, posting photos on the beach on your laptop is some brokeboy shit. Your business and work ethic is so inefficient that you can’t even enjoy a nice day at the beach you need to bring your laptop with you. Not fastlane at all. Post a pic of you at the beach enjoying yourself on what’s considered a normal work day and I’ll be impressed. That’s freedom.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Travelling is the best I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

Why would you want to spend your entire life in your backyard and hometown when there’s an entire world of different experiences and places to explore.

Yes travel is more accessible now but I think it’s more that this generation has worked out that buying things and having a house full of stuff doesn’t bring much happiness and that experiences are far more joyful and life enhancing.

I do agree with 1 thing though, posting photos on the beach on your laptop is some brokeboy shit. Your business and work ethic is so inefficient that you can’t even enjoy a nice day at the beach you need to bring your laptop with you. Not fastlane at all. Post a pic of you at the beach enjoying yourself on what’s considered a normal work day and I’ll be impressed. That’s freedom.
Remember, my point wasn't about travelling or not.

It was just the way I WOULD travel. Again, I am nobody to tell others what to do nor was that my point.

The same reason some people get married because "they have to" not because they "want to" is the same kinda point I was trying to make.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm always blown away by how many business models exist...

Check this out...You can buy a freakin food distribution route!

Isn't this just buying yourself a job? Do those cash flow figures assume you are driving the truck or is that above and beyond paying for the driver(s)?

Either way, no control over price/very little over distribution. Your only "customer" is the company you are distributing for.

I don't know why, but being a food route dostributor always struck me about as attractive as being an MLM "distributor".

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
CHARGE MORE FOR YOUR SERVICE my friends!

People correlate price with value. Even if you're offering it to help out at a "discounted" price, especially to close family members, it means jack sometimes to these people.

I read a thread on here that you should never do anything for free because people associate free as the same as garbage or defective.

I guess it didn't really internalize back then.

Value = Money.

After pouring my effort into this website last year at a discounted price(I think it was less than $200) because this man was a close family friend, something I'd usually charge $3,500 for now a days, he goes on to say "I'll bring it to another agency that charges more this year".

Results of this current website? With $200, he's bringing in 3-5 new clients a month. That's 36-60 clients just last year.
----
Here's the kicker. He's in the flooring business so each client is worth $800-5,000.
So true. I almost doubled my prices and starting giving bigger discounts. People like that too, as they feel like they are getting a better deal and more value. Plus some very happily pay full price and don't mind the increase at all.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
RANT:

Travelling is overrated.

Sorry for the rant.

I just got off a commercial flight and let me tell you, it takes all joy out of traveling, even when sitting in the first row. This is why my home is my paradise. When you make your life a vacation, you don't need vacations.

When I do a lot of podcasts, invariably hosts always ask about my travel experiences, as if it is a DEFAULT construct that if you can do it, you do. Nope, I avoid travel.

I think flying privately will fix a lot of things for me as I find most of the negative experiences comes from the swarming cattle call of human behavior in airports. I thought flying first class would fix a lot of the airport unease that comes with that chaotic storm, but it did not.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I just got off a commercial flight and let me tell you, it takes all joy out of traveling, even when sitting in the first row. This is why my home is my paradise. When you make your life a vacation, you don't need vacations.

When I do a lot of podcasts, invariably hosts always ask about my travel experiences, as if it is a DEFAULT construct that if you can do it, you do. Nope, I avoid travel.

I think flying privately will fix a lot of things for me as I find most of the negative experiences comes from the swarming cattle call of human behavior in airports. I thought flying first class would fix a lot of the airport unease that comes with that chaotic storm, but it did not.
Flying first class isn’t such a big deal nowadays, a lot of people do it, many of dubious quality. Airport business lounges are similar for that matter

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I booked a 15hour business class ticket for a vacation. Last week I cancelled it. There was more than one reason, but the thought of flying 15 hours, even in business class was so unappealing that it pushed my decision over to canceling my trip.

I still haven’t been on a flight since before Covid.

Have been looking into private a lot more and more. Especially since I can bring my dog too!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

2 months ago I went on vacation with 4 others. Not a single one of us posted a single pic of the trip. We also met 3 girls on the trip and are now FB friends. None of the 3 girls posted a single pic either! I am actually kind of shocked.

Here’s a pic of the sketchiest part of our vacation! How is this legal in the US?

EEC0120F-145D-4FC7-827F-032E22C787B0.jpeg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
RANT:

Travelling is overrated.

Sorry for the rant.
Best travelling I ever did was motor bike trips with mates. No airports. No queues. No booking rooms in advance. Map, toothbrush, credit card. Done.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe I’m content? Or maybe I’ve done enough exploration and want to spend all my time with my family?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Screw traveling. I have seen enough of the world. I used to think that the reason I hate to travel is the commercial airlines. After taking some high dollar trips, I realized that even if I replaced the airlines with a sick jet, my home is still nicer than a room at the Ritz.

I don’t even know if I’ll bother owning a jet. Just chartering or fractional ownership when I “need” to go somewhere.

A second or third home in places I like are about the extent of my future travel plans. Spending money on something that I don’t enjoy just because it’s held in some magical esteem by everyone ever is clownery.

Strangely, traveling for business is more fun to me than traveling for “fun.” I’d totally take a trade show over a beach.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Spending money on something that I don’t enjoy just because it’s held in some magical esteem by everyone ever is clownery.
Not just the money, but the time.

I find it odd how travel is held is such magical esteem as you say. It’s similar to “learning” imo. It feels to me like we’ve been brainwashed into being good little consumers - never happy where we are, what we know, or what we’ve got.

It feels like part of The Script.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Not just the money, but the time.

I find it odd how travel is held is such magical esteem as you say. It’s similar to “learning” imo. It feels to me like we’ve been brainwashed into being good little consumers - never happy where we are, what we know, or what we’ve got.

It feels like part of The Script.
Like this meme lol

zqi6c4niyuv41.jpg

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

100% on board with this myself.

In fact, I don't really like taking photos on trips because they take time away from truly enjoying the experience...and I spend more time taking photos than holidaying lol.

To have some photos for memories...probably I'll need some drone cameras or hire photographers, no matter what others complain lol.

Strangely, traveling for business is more fun to me than traveling for “fun.” I’d totally take a trade show over a beach.
Amen. Travelling for business does give a much stronger purpose.
I do feel a bigger kick hopping on a train for these serious calls-- more so than some cold college-like trip...

I think for me, it's because I know I will be meeting folks who work hard to break out of their mold.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

I can watch these all day. The man is a gem. A national treasure if you will. People will be digging through this footage for jokes for years to come.

I love how Kamala has this stoned look on her face while the other guy looks smug.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.