The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Anyone have an interest in comic books? Looks like a huge collection going up for auction, court ordered (which means estate sale, IRS confiscation, or something else) while I'm not familiar with comic books as investments, I'm betting this collection is worth a ton of $$$.

I've never seen this website, interesting. I wonder if anyone on here has bought land/homes through this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've never seen this website, interesting. I wonder if anyone on here has bought land/homes through this.

I believe it is the official "clearinghouse" for assets seized by the US Government and their many bureaucratic organizations.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Just watched some of the brief announcement by the CDC. New mask mandates are released for people who are fully vaxinated.

If you're fully vaxinated and you're with other people who are fully vaxinated, then you can gather in small groups with other people who are fully vaxinated. And if you're fully vaxinated and want to gather with some family who are not fully vaxinated, then you can do so out doors. If you want to dine outside with other fully vaxinated people then make sure you're fully vaxinated. The science shows that if you're fully vaxinated and you're outside, then you no longer need to wear a mask. If you're outside, you can even be around people who are not fully vaxinated, as long as you are fully vaxinated.

I don't even know how many times she said it to try to get her point across. It was pretty obnoxious. I see it as a push to force more people to get vaxinated now that, "Hey, get vaxinated and you don't have to wear a mask anymore! And, oh yeah, if you didn't get vaxinated yet, you must still wear a mask so everyone can see that you aren't fully vaxinated."

D

Deleted78083

How to get things in life: a basic guide.

1. Identify what you want.
2. Identify who can give you what you want (yourself included).
3. Give them something they value in exchange for what you want.

Voila!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Just watched some of the brief announcement by the CDC. New mask mandates are released for people who are fully vaxinated.

If you're fully vaxinated and you're with other people who are fully vaxinated, then you can gather in small groups with other people who are fully vaxinated. And if you're fully vaxinated and want to gather with some family who are not fully vaxinated, then you can do so out doors. If you want to dine outside with other fully vaxinated people then make sure you're fully vaxinated. The science shows that if you're fully vaxinated and you're outside, then you no longer need to wear a mask. If you're outside, you can even be around people who are not fully vaxinated, as long as you are fully vaxinated.

I don't even know how many times she said it to try to get her point across. It was pretty obnoxious. I see it as a push to force more people to get vaxinated now that, "Hey, get vaxinated and you don't have to wear a mask anymore! And, oh yeah, if you didn't get vaxinated yet, you must still wear a mask so everyone can see that you aren't fully vaxinated."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_rZXT_7DA

Looks like these conspiracy theories aren't exactly... well, uh, conspiracy's

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

There's an interesting phenomenon I've noticed, and I feel like there should be a name for it but not sure if there is...

Oftentimes, the people who buy a product don't see themselves as the customer or the consumer, but rather "the expert," or even "the seller."

They analyze what they're buying as if it was their product. They put themselves in the shoes of the business. Then they buy it.

It's kind of funny. You see it with guitar players buying expensive guitars played by famous guitar players - they want to be famous too. They probably won't be. But the message is "if you buy this, maybe you will be famous too!"

Same with software like Unity for making games... The company has millions in sales, mostly to people who will never finish a game.

I see the same with Tesla and Elon Musk. Fans invest in the company, but also buy all of the products. They are both the consumers and the investors in many cases.

I guess this is part of the whole "selling identity" thing - and I definitely fall into this too on certain purchases.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well, I decided to run a marathon in January with a friend of mine who is 25 years older than me. Lol. He has had some health problems and has every excuse not to do this, but he’s now miles ahead of what I can do. If he’s going for this, I decided I needed to grow a pair and go for it.

I have never done anything like that in my entire life. The most I have ever run at a time might be 3 miles.

Here’s the deal though, given enough time, devotion, and discipline… I know for a fact I can make it happen.

Got fitted for a new pair of Brooks shoes this evening and I’ll be strapping them on in the morning for what will undoubtedly be the most torturous of the training days. Day one.

14E82C9E-69B2-4C01-86A6-BFF51939C312.jpeg

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Korea will be testing and implementing a K-ETA system for visas and visa-free countries. Similar for the ESTA in the US it looks like. Will ask some questions, why you're visiting, any diseases, criminal history, etc. Should quicken the process to get into the country. But I think it'll also make it a bit more difficult for visa-runs.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Thanks for that video @Kak !!! The crap going on really gets me down, but this sort of thing really puts it in perspective.

I sent that to my commie brother. I can't wait to tell me about how wrong it is and about how terrible the world is (that is if he even watches more than 10 seconds of it)

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_rZXT_7DA

Looks like these conspiracy theories aren't exactly... well, uh, conspiracy's

Get a load of Italy's constitution

The Republic safeguards health as a fundamental right of the individual and as a collective interest, and guarantees free medical care to the indigent. No one may be obliged to undergo any health treatment except under the provisions of the law. The law may not under any circumstances violate the limits imposed by respect for the human person.

Do you think we aren't making a vaccine passport anyway? We might as well use our constitution as toilet paper. At least it'd have an use.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

They are probably struggling with the marketing dilemma of:
- how do we show how great it is to have a vaccine for those who have yet to get one
- while still leaving enough fear to sell even more ongoing vaccine's once everyone has it

Kinda hard to connect a BS one time deal with an even worse BS subscription model.

...it is so good to have it but at the same time you still aren't fully safe when you got it... but you should still get it now and enjoy things...but it isn't enough for later though...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Call me a sell-out but I'll get the vaccine to be able to travel freely. I don't see unvaxinated people being able to travel easily anytime soon and I'm not going to lose years of my life not being able to travel or having to do countless tests, quarantines, etc.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
How do I get guests for a podcast that I'm gonna be starting soon?
You email them and ask nicely.

Say that you are growing an audience (preferably a big one) and they will reap the benefits for years to come if they help you out.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
You email them and ask nicely.

Say that you are growing an audience (preferably a big one) and they will reap the benefits for years to come if they help you out.
I was planning on inviting @MJ DeMarco but couldn't think of how being on my podcast would be beneficial to him

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I was planning on inviting @MJ DeMarco but couldn't think of how being on my podcast would be beneficial to him

Yeah it's an impossible sell if you have no audience.

What would it take for MJ to join your podcast? I can't tell you, but if you had, say, 10.000 listeners he would probably be much more likely to accept your invitation.

Figure out how to get 10.000 listeners first.

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
I learned quite a few things on this forum.
I also learned one important thing I also see in my "real life" successful friends. When they start making money and living "the life" of doing what they want and got it all figured out, they actually think they got it ALL figured out.

Entrepreneurs notoriously believe they know everything better than "slowlaners" on any given matter.

The vaccination debate is 100% prove of this.

I am obviously biased as and MD working directly with COVID patients AND knowing more about microbiology, genetics and epidemiology than 99,99% of people.

BUT to think that "successful" people are not able to weigh pros and cons of getting a vaccine and figure out that pros heavily outweighs cons its beyond me.

Also proves that you do not have to be intelligent to make a good amount of money.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I learned quite a few things on this forum.
I also learned one important thing I also see in my "real life" successful friends. When they start making money and living "the life" of doing what they want and got it all figured out, they actually think they got it ALL figured out.

Entrepreneurs notoriously believe they know everything better than "slowlaners" on any given matter.

The vaccination debate is 100% prove of this.

I am obviously biased as and MD working directly with COVID patients AND knowing more about microbiology, genetics and epidemiology than 99,99% of people.

BUT to think that "successful" people are not able to weigh pros and cons of getting a vaccine and figure out that pros heavily outweighs cons its beyond me.

Also proves that you do not have to be intelligent to make a good amount of money.

I've learned that posts like this are usually written by the least intelligent people.

What I wish I would've learned by now is not to respond to them.

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
I've learned that posts like this are usually written by the least intelligent people.

What I wish I would've learned by now is not to respond to them.
yeah sorry for not circle jerking with you and the boys...

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
You don't circlejerk with "the boys" by not interacting with them, not by making a passive-aggressive post belittling them.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

There is no "the boys" unless you're talking about Prime's hit series. Your post generalizes people by groups and then applies universal quantifiers to suggest that all people of those groups must think and behave in the same way. I can't think of a less intelligent trait an individual could possess except maybe passive aggression when it serves no benefit to you.

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
There is no "the boys" unless you're talking about Prime's hit series. Your post generalizes people by groups and then applies universal quantifiers to suggest that all people of those groups must think and behave in the same way. I can't think of a less intelligent trait an individual could possess except maybe passive aggression when it serves no benefit to you.
I pointed out a "random thought" in a random thoughts post and or rants thread is all :) no need to feel passively attacked.

COVID vaccine is one of many areas and is just currently trending.

I can say the same thing about politics, foreign policies, god even weather, strength and conditioning, culinary etc...

so to quote my original random thought/rant

"I also learned one important thing I also see in my "real life" successful friends. When they start making money and living "the life" of doing what they want and got it all figured out, they actually think they got it ALL figured out."

Just the pattern of behaviour I acknowledge.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

There are no pros and cons - I literally don't need it.

I am not obese nor 80 years old.

It is like asking me the pros and cons of a smoking vaccine when I don't smoke.

They can try push it to make fake "pros" but in a normal sane world I literally just don't need it.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I pointed out a "random thought" in a random thoughts post and or rants thread is all :) no need to feel passively attacked.

COVID vaccine is one of many areas and is just currently trending.

I can say the same thing about politics, foreign policies, god even weather, strength and conditioning, culinary etc...

so to quote my original random thought/rant

"I also learned one important thing I also see in my "real life" successful friends. When they start making money and living "the life" of doing what they want and got it all figured out, they actually think they got it ALL figured out."

Just the pattern of behaviour I acknowledge.

I think you're locked in a circle jerk with yourself wanting to feel smart and superior.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

This is actually a good point. Entrepreneurs who think they got it all figured out will suffer sooner or later. After my first big success I used to think now I could make anything work.

I failed miserably a few times afterward. Now I tend to believe I'm actually a worse entrepreneur than I thought.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This is actually a good point. Entrepreneurs who think they got it all figured out will suffer sooner or later. After my first big success I used to think now I could make anything work.

I failed miserably a few times afterward. Now I tend to believe I'm actually a worse entrepreneur than I thought.

I still don't think it's a useful perspective. Who knows, some entrepreneurs might have it all figured out. Even if they don't, we all suffer sooner or later. That's one absolute I'm willing to bet on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.