The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This amazing song landed on my playlist.

From a movie based on Harriet Tubman, who was quite the woman herself. Born into slavery, but established lines
to help her fellows escape and also fought for womens' suffrage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn19xvfoXvk&list=RDMx_OexsUI2M&index=3

Was shocked to find this song was made and sung by the main actress herself.

Also has many UNSCRIPTED themes...namely the struggle for freedom, finding and bringing up people who were willing to journey with you.

Harriet herself was also UNSCRIPTED as she basically flipped the bird to the preachers of the day who encouraged slaves to just submit and take in the abuses of the masters.

Instead she took courage in tales of deliverance from the Holy Writ even though she was illiterate...which made the rest of her life legendary. Now that's something I wish could happen more often today.

EDIT: Wow so she's also on the $20 bill. Damn.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Well, you already invested the time, and if it works for you both, then that's the only thing that matters. I'm definitely scarred by stuff I've seen, all the examples in my previous post are real events that happened haha
I like SSG's (static site generators) for simple static websites. If I needed something interactive I would use a real website or CMS.

SSG's are generally made *for programmers*, that's why there is at least one for every programing language: Hugo (Golang), Gatsby (JS), Jekyll (Ruby), etc. Their advantages are basically: fast, secure, and programmatic.

Astro is one of the fastest, I think it was designed to deliver perfect Google Lighthouse scores by default.

At some point, I want to generate some websites of statistical data. As my algorithms improve, I will need to recreate the sites programmatically. I plan to have a pipeline that uses an SSG to produce the final website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.