The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

R.I.P. - Michael Jackson! *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Well, the guy touched many different generations. No matter if you hated him or loved him, when he came on TV...most everyone watched. If he would of made a comeback tour, he would sell out any place....anywhere. He was an iconic figure in American history.

Most live in the media....rather than worrying about new laws passed. Right or wrong, I am not one to judge. I guess whatever makes the person happy is what right for them.

Yeah, he is covered nonstop right now. In a few weeks, he will be nothing but history. How much does Elvis come on the news now? I don't mind people paying the last respects to someone who they have fond memories of from childhood.

I understand. My point is not that tributes are not warranted, rather that saturation of a topic, any topic, is formative of peoples' values and priorities. Regarding laws, I don't fixate on CSPAN, yet I know that what is considered boring today, often becomes very important to people once implementation has begun.

AS for Jackson, I liked his music when it was on the radio, the Thriller video was cool, as for the rest of his life, I don't know the facts. I just hope for the kids sake that the allegations were false.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I agree, 100%.

For some, finding the balance between enjoyment (watching tv) and research (online, or wherever)....it is hard. I even struggle with.

And for sure, I hope no kids were ever harmed. We will never know for sure, but you can only hope it was not the case.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
I remember being in elementary school and thinking that my Michael Jackson pin was the greatest thing EVER. Every boy I knew wanted nothing but the ‘Beat It’ jacket for Christmas. MJ was magical to me, at that time. Watching/hearing him perform, awaiting his next album or video.....the man was pure entertainment.

‘Don’t stop till you get enough’, ‘Billie Jean’, 'PYT', ‘Smooth Criminal”……put on any one of these songs and just try not to move! He has produced some of the best dance songs of our time.

I believe Michael Jackson was a tormented soul – he was severely abused at an early age and throughout most of his childhood. It seemed he wanted to take care of every child he met, in attempt to enforce some sort of guarantee that they would never have to feel the pain he felt. I also think there are a lot of people who will tag a lawsuit on any potential target they can find – and when one person comes out of the woodwork, with what appears to be an effective idea, others are bound to follow.

Of course, I wasn’t there. I have not seen the evidence and I could be 100% wrong. That’s just the way I choose to see it, given the limited information.

He has brought joy to my life on more than one occasion……no denying that.

May his soul rest in peace.

:jackson:

china

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Bilge-

While I didn't spend a lot of time reading the tabloids (and you all know I don't get any TV reception or cable-- just movies), I recall reading a report that detailed *why* Michael Jackson was such a great target for lawsuits.

Specifically, because he had such a big heart, and didn't want to lose his childlike innocence.

When all of his colleagues and attys advised him to sue the crap out of the people who were defaming him, he just quietly paid them off, so they'd go away.

His friends thought he was nuts for doing this-- warned him it would only *encourage* more and more lawsuits. Michael's attitude was "That's OK. They're obviously in pain, and if my giving them money can help them, I'd rather do that than fight them."

Most of us have fought tooth and nail for what we have, and we're not about to give it away.

So Jackson's attitude is completely, totally alien to us. It's just not conceivable that he would not fight for his innocence.

In a world of right and wrong, where lawyers prance and posture to stage a show for the media circus, Michael Jackson's approach may have worked for him, but to those that watched, it was career and personal suicide.

He figured he had more than enough money to just make petty accusers go away.

And he counted on the goodness in others--not to sue him, but more importantly-- to not believe the accusations.

Sadly, counting on the goodness in others was his greatest failure, IMO.

Because there are countless millions who never met the man, yet have passed judgement on him based on the media circus.

-Russ H.

Russ,

I thank you for posting this. I actually knew Michael Jackson and his family and some of his friends and some of his "entourage" through business and whatever else. ("Whatever else" is I function in an area strewn with celebrity.)

At any rate, I've never believed any of the charges/rumors/gossip about him. The jury acquitted him in his last trial so they obviously didn't believe it either. He was a terribly wealthy "target" and someone who appeared easy to take advantage of.

Michael Jackson was simply a kid who never grew up. His family was controlling (with a capital C). They not only created havoc with his personal life but with his financial life as well. They were so busy minding the pennies they let the dollars fly out the window.

It bothers me too, in a way, that ordinary people don't seem to understand that wealthy famous people can live very different lives from what we live. I finally had to turn off FOX news today when they started talking about how they couldn't understand why Michael Jackson had a private physician and why he didn't just go to a walk-in clinic. I mean, really, could you imagne Michael Jackson at a walk-in Walmart clinic?

I hope no one passes judgment on Michael based on tabloid reports and rumors.

He was truly one of a kind.

RIP Michael Jackson.
Millions of people love you.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I remember being in elementary school and thinking that my Michael Jackson pin was the greatest thing EVER. Every boy I knew wanted nothing but the ‘Beat It’ jacket for Christmas.

I think my friends used to beat up your friends :)

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
Russ,

I thank you for posting this. I actually knew Michael Jackson and his family and some of his friends and some of his "entourage" through business and whatever else. ("Whatever else" is I function in an area strewn with celebrity.)

At any rate, I've never believed any of the charges/rumors/gossip about him. The jury acquitted him in his last trial so they obviously didn't believe it either. He was a terribly wealthy "target" and someone who appeared easy to take advantage of.

Michael Jackson was simply a kid who never grew up. His family was controlling (with a capital C). They not only created havoc with his personal life but with his financial life as well. They were so busy minding the pennies they let the dollars fly out the window.

It bothers me too, in a way, that ordinary people don't seem to understand that wealthy famous people can live very different lives from what we live. I finally had to turn off FOX news today when they started talking about how they couldn't understand why Michael Jackson had a private physician and why he didn't just go to a walk-in clinic. I mean, really, could you imagne Michael Jackson at a walk-in Walmart clinic?

I hope no one passes judgment on Michael based on tabloid reports and rumors.

He was truly one of a kind.

RIP Michael Jackson.
Millions of people love you.

Thank you for your out-take on the situation. China there is no point in banging your head against the wall. People just don't understand and the only thing they can do is point the finger and say crazy comments.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
I think my friends used to beat up your friends :)

LOL!! Possibly.....but that's because you were 10 and we were 6! Bullies! ;)

Not to worry....I toughened up later. My next phase (middle school) was the 'Slayer chic'.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPq-soqTqro&feature=related]YouTube - Michael Jackson Bad (story version) Part 1[/ame]

I forgot Wesley Snipes was in this video/show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tx6oABaQ5c&feature=related[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.