The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Wang Xing, founder of Meituan: An entrepreneur fails only in two way- either running out of cash or giving up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Wang Xing, founder of Meituan: An entrepreneur fails only in two way- either running out of cash or giving up.
The cash part of your quote is interesting. Cash allows you either fail continuously or it allows you to try something else -- your Plan B, Plan C.. I know people who are 20 years into a business -- where they've done their first year 20 times and failed every time. They haven't had to change their MO because they've put in a cash infusion each year to cover their string of failures. Limited resources result in your second reason for failure. Either their business model was a bad idea or they ran out of resources.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
The cash part of your quote is interesting. Cash allows you either fail continuously or it allows you to try something else -- your Plan B, Plan C.. I know people who are 20 years into a business -- where they've done their first year 20 times and failed every time. They haven't had to change their MO because they've put in a cash infusion each year to cover their string of failures. Limited resources result in your second reason for failure. Either their business model was a bad idea or they ran out of resources.
Yes you are right.

Wang Xing was funded by Generous VC so he was playing a different game.

Monetization at an early stage is important who business people who use their own money.

But in current economic climate even investors are cautious about stories on pure growth.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
“A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.” -Jordan Peterson

The more I think about this the more I like it.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Noël Coward:

"I'll go through life either first class or third, but never in second."

"Work hard, do the best you can, don't ever lose faith in yourself and take no notice of what other people say about you."

"Work is more fun than fun."

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Good one from Elon Musk

''Stop being patient and ask yourself, how do I accomplish my 10 year goals in 6 MONTHS? You'll probably fail but you'll be alot further than the person who simply accepted it would take 10 years.''

Kinda like the 10x principle from Uncle G, aim big.

Which compliments this one from MJ

We want entrepreneurs to succeed, the problem is the disconnect with your actions; your effort is not of a millionaire ~ MJ DeMarco

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Be "selectively ignorant."

Ignore topics that drain your attention.

Unfollow people that drain your energy.

Abandon projects that drain your time.

Do not keep up with it all. The more selectively ignorant you become, the more broadly knowledgable you can be.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
“When we are young we are often puzzled by the fact that each person we admire seems to have a different version of what life ought to be, what a good man is, how to live, and so on. If we are especially sensitive it seems more than puzzling, it is disheartening. What most people usually do is to follow one person's ideas and then another's depending on who looms largest on one's horizon at the time. The one with the deepest voice, the strongest appearance, the most authority and success, is usually the one who gets our momentary allegiance; and we try to pattern our ideals after him. But as life goes on we get a perspective on this and all these different versions of truth become a little pathetic. Each person thinks that he has the formula for triumphing over life's limitations and knows with authority what it means to be a man, and he usually tries to win a following for his particular patent. Today we know that people try so hard to win converts for their point of view because it is more than merely an outlook on life: it is an immortality formula.”
― Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Imagine this: If you had $86,400 in your account and someone stole $10 from you, would you be upset and throw all of the remaining $86,390 away in hopes of getting back at the person? Or move on and live?

Right, move on and live. We all have 86,400 seconds each day. Never let someone’s negative 10 seconds ruin the remaining 86,390.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Imagine this: If you had $86,400 in your account and someone stole $10 from you, would you be upset and throw all of the remaining $86,390 away in hopes of getting back at the person? Or move on and live?

Right, move on and live. We all have 86,400 seconds each day. Never let someone’s negative 10 seconds ruin the remaining 86,390.
This is actually a good analogy, because if someone stole $10 and I knew it could never happen again, I'd move on. But if I knew this was something where they could do it over and over again, I'd take action... which is probably a pretty good rule of thumb for time or money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.