The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Idea Re. Video taping our Events

Idea threads

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So i had a quick thought after reading SteveO's post on an upcoming event he is doing as well as our B&P meet. For those who cant attend and future forum patrons as well as launch material for Mike. Would it be feasible to get a fastlane video camera pool? I would be willing to chip in for the shear factor of hearing what others have to say in the meetings that I cannot attend. One person can administer the camera and send it where it is needed? Ovbiously this may sound better on paper. Discuss.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
Get model releases on everyone in the room first. If you use any music (like we do at events), make sure you've paid the ASCAP dues.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
As I proposed before, I would be glad to develop a website to view this videos and keep track of them :)

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
That would be great, as I cannot attend.

Another thought. You could develop a website to host them, create a library of vids, and sell a membership to non members. The proceeds could go to future Fastlane development or other learning experiences.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
That would be great, as I cannot attend.

Another thought. You could develop a website to host them, create a library of vids, and sell a membership to non members. The proceeds could go to future Fastlane development or other learning experiences.

The kind of website I propose would be in fact a library with a flash player. I hadn't though of the membership for non members BUT I think if that was the case, the profits should go to the speakers....

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Get model releases on everyone in the room first. If you use any music (like we do at events), make sure you've paid the ASCAP dues.

If this was passed out via the forum only IE youtube, and not sold, are these rules still aplicable? I mean honestly the use of music is minimal use, we are not reselling rights to the music nor promoting it as a music video. I do agree about the model releases but i thought your picture was general domain out in public much like pictures of your car in public places. Maybe I am way off base here.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
What about audio only?

Video is hard to get so that it's not snoresville (you need experience, mulitple cameras, and post-production editing). I speak from experience here.

Audio, on the other hand, is pretty easy. Just a well placed mike and some type of recorder. And someone could convert the files so they could be downloaded easily.

Comments?

-Russ H.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
What about audio only?

Video is hard to get so that it's not snoresville (you need experience, mulitple cameras, and post-production editing). I speak from experience here.

Audio, on the other hand, is pretty easy. Just a well placed mike and some type of recorder. And someone could convert the files so they could be downloaded easily.

Comments?

-Russ H.

This is more or less what we would be tying to gain. i just figured a camcorder would be a bit easier to manage. We arent talking a professional video but mroe of a grassroots production. Audio only would suffice. The main goal here is to capture all the valuble information instead of letting it only dispense to thsoe that are present.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
What about audio only?

Comments?

-Russ H.

I've seen many CHEAP mp4 made in china that record directly in mp3 format. Again, I could do a player to hear those online :smxB:

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
If this was passed out via the forum only IE youtube, and not sold, are these rules still aplicable? I mean honestly the use of music is minimal use, we are not reselling rights to the music nor promoting it as a music video. I do agree about the model releases but i thought your picture was general domain out in public much like pictures of your car in public places. Maybe I am way off base here.

I'm not an attorney, so take that into account. I would tread very carefully here. If it was my event, I'd make sure we had paid the dues for the music ($125 as I recall) and had signed releases for everyone.

You just don't want a problem. But, it's not my equipment, so not my risk, and not my call.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'm not an attorney, so take that into account. I would tread very carefully here. If it was my event, I'd make sure we had paid the dues for the music ($125 as I recall) and had signed releases for everyone.

You just don't want a problem. But, it's not my equipment, so not my risk, and not my call.

Understandable and I appreciate your insight. If anything becomes of this thread, at minimum it will be a good reference for future projects that anyone may want to develop as well.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I was planning to bring my cam anyway.
If you have a place to get an example of a release then I can do that during the event. I was thinking of something like ted.com, sharing the video (and/or audio) to the people that want to watch them.

Does any of you coming to the meetup have lights? that would help a lot, based on my limited experience.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Thanks Diane.

Please SEARCH before posting.