- Joined
- Mar 1, 2010
- Messages
- 76
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 3%
I am having a hard time finding an answer to a few questions I have and I am hoping you guys can help me out here... My main question is regarding patents to products produced. I am just not sure if some products require patents as they are not an invention but rather just another form of something already out. For example, in the auto industry an aftermarket company would make a performance exhaust system, now since it is basically just bent pipe would it have to be patented? It would have mainly the same bends and same angles as the factory system but just eliminating some of the restrictive mufflers. Or another example, if that company made an interior accessory like a gauge pod or something plastic that bolts into the interior, would a patent be needed? I am just confused on the whole patenting system and what requires one
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
