The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about the .....Natural Gas industry

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
I've seen tanks for 1.99
Gotta wonder where the profit comes from.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
The generic answer is, it can be if you well know the industry.

Vegvisir

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 17, 2019
North Dakota
I work in the Oil and Gas Industry currently(Petroleum Engineer) so might be able to help. However you didn't give enough information as to what exactly you are looking into: stocks, an invention, or......?

One general thing about the Oil and Gas industry is it's very volatile as far as price goes. When I started school oil was 110 a barrel, when i graduated it was 30-40 and the industry was hurting very bad as a result.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
and LNG has issues like fracking and pipelines that are more political (read: emotional) in nature than technical. tread carefully.

Futurist

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
The generic answer is, it can be if you well know the industry.
I work in the Oil and Gas Industry currently(Petroleum Engineer) so might be able to help. However you didn't give enough information as to what exactly you are looking into: stocks, an invention, or......?

One general thing about the Oil and Gas industry is it's very volatile as far as price goes. When I started school oil was 110 a barrel, when i graduated it was 30-40 and the industry was hurting very bad as a result.
Is liquefied gas a product of oil? I am looking at stocks in companies.

Vegvisir

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 17, 2019
North Dakota
Is liquefied gas a product of oil? I am looking at stocks in companies.

If you are asking if you have to refine oil to get natural gas the answer is no. Generally when the oil is pumped out of the well it is run through a separator to separate Oil, gas, water. Sometimes natural gas is collected from oil wells but it is usually burnt of in flares(literally they just light in on fire) because of its low value and lack of infrastructure to get it to market compared to oil. If you drive around eastern North Dakota at night you will see 1000's of flares scattered throughout the countryside lighting it up. Generally most companies that are looking to get natural gas will drill wells specifically targeting gas production as the infrastructure to support is different(think gas pipelines).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Futurist

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
If you are asking if you have to refine oil to get natural gas the answer is no. Generally when the oil is pumped out of the well it is run through a separator to separate Oil, gas, water. Sometimes natural gas is collected from oil wells but it is usually burnt of in flares(literally they just light in on fire) because of its low value and lack of infrastructure to get it to market compared to oil. If you drive around eastern North Dakota at night you will see 1000's of flares scattered throughout the countryside lighting it up. Generally most companies that are looking to get natural gas will drill wells specifically targeting gas production as the infrastructure to support is different(think gas pipelines).

Thanks for the info!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.