The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What market forces are at play in the natural gas industry?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Futurist

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
I know that supply and demand influences most industries but what is at play in the natural gas market? Does natural gas prices get influenced by the American economy or by things like the price of oil, gold, coal etc? There is likely a interplay of the factors I am mentioning but what plays more of a role? Also, In the case of trade wars, will this lower or hire the price of natural gas? What will happen to oil in a trade war? If a trade war were to intensify and if we were to rely on our own oil and gas, what will these stocks do? I hope you respond to my questions and I hope you enjoyed them! If you respond as a Professor, Teacher or energy professional, all the better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Climate change denial. The oil & gas industry in America spend $1,000,000,000 per year lobbying the government to help people believe that climate change is a scam, the more people that believe it, the more gas they'll sell.

Seeing as the President himself seems to believe, or at least pays lip service to the climate change scam, I think the natural gas industry will be okay for at least another 4 years.

Futurist

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
Climate change denial. The oil & gas industry in America spend $1,000,000,000 per year lobbying the government to help people believe that climate change is a scam, the more people that believe it, the more gas they'll sell.

Seeing as the President himself seems to believe, or at least pays lip service to the climate change scam, I think the natural gas industry will be okay for at least another 4 years.
Very true but I differ in that the industry will likely promote gas as clean. City buses use natural gas rather then gasoline. for example.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

1 billion a year? That's more than an order of magnitude higher than it actually is.

The year isn't quite over yet, but total lobbying from the O/G sector is a touch over 60 million. Not all of it is related to the promotion of climate change as a scam either.

Tightly regulated Natural gas also has a tremendous benefit over coal in terms of total emission generation as well, but the probable money is on China continuing their massive expansion of coal power generationas indicated in their most recent 5 year plan.

Futurist

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
1 billion a year? That's more than an order of magnitude higher than it actually is.

The year isn't quite over yet, but total lobbying from the O/G sector is a touch over 60 million. Not all of it is related to the promotion of climate change as a scam either.

Tightly regulated Natural gas also has a tremendous benefit over coal in terms of total emission generation as well, but the probable money is on China continuing their massive expansion of coal power generationas indicated in their most recent 5 year plan.
The Trade War recently escalated but there are times when they (the US and China) might meet to resolve.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I used to work on the construction of a natural gas plant. When the oil price tanked a few years ago, so did the gas price as it was somehow tied to oil with the approx 20 year pre-sold contract they (Chevron) had with the buyer in Japan.

I imagine the project blowout from 35 bllion to 70 billion stung a bit more when that happened lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have looked into NG as something to make money off of, but simply couldn't make the numbers work.

It is like this... The stuff is so unbelievably cheap that they can't store enough of it and end up burning excess.

So the cost of natural gas... At least in TX is roughly = to the manpower required to direct it into some form of storage + the amortized or rented cost of the storage + insured transportation.

One truck. One train car. One iso tank at a time. There is just not enough energy content relative to the money you have to spend to move and market the stuff.

Now if you had a natural gas fleet of trucks or something for your business... You could run a lot of them off of an iso for quite a while. So maybe a good way to save fuel cost for a trucking company or something.

That or a pipeline to a customer that needed it.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

What if I told you that climate change “activists,” lawmakers, politicians, governments, the IPCC, etc. are anti-capitalism and don’t give a F*ck about you or the environment?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
What if I told you that climate change “activists,” lawmakers, politicians, governments, the IPCC, etc. are anti-capitalism and don’t give a F*ck about you or the environment?

I'd say bullshit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.