The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What market forces are at play in the natural gas industry?

Futurist

PARKED
Sep 30, 2019
I know that supply and demand influences most industries but what is at play in the natural gas market? Does natural gas prices get influenced by the American economy or by things like the price of oil, gold, coal etc? There is likely a interplay of the factors I am mentioning but what plays more of a role? Also, In the case of trade wars, will this lower or hire the price of natural gas? What will happen to oil in a trade war? If a trade war were to intensify and if we were to rely on our own oil and gas, what will these stocks do? I hope you respond to my questions and I hope you enjoyed them! If you respond as a Professor, Teacher or energy professional, all the better.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MHP368

the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
...;)

Is this your homework?

Roli

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Climate change denial. The oil & gas industry in America spend $1,000,000,000 per year lobbying the government to help people believe that climate change is a scam, the more people that believe it, the more gas they'll sell.

Seeing as the President himself seems to believe, or at least pays lip service to the climate change scam, I think the natural gas industry will be okay for at least another 4 years.

OP
OP
F

Futurist

PARKED
Sep 30, 2019
Climate change denial. The oil & gas industry in America spend $1,000,000,000 per year lobbying the government to help people believe that climate change is a scam, the more people that believe it, the more gas they'll sell.

Seeing as the President himself seems to believe, or at least pays lip service to the climate change scam, I think the natural gas industry will be okay for at least another 4 years.
Very true but I differ in that the industry will likely promote gas as clean. City buses use natural gas rather then gasoline. for example.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 12, 2016

1 billion a year? That's more than an order of magnitude higher than it actually is.

The year isn't quite over yet, but total lobbying from the O/G sector is a touch over 60 million. Not all of it is related to the promotion of climate change as a scam either.

Tightly regulated Natural gas also has a tremendous benefit over coal in terms of total emission generation as well, but the probable money is on China continuing their massive expansion of coal power generationas indicated in their most recent 5 year plan.

OP
OP
F

Futurist

PARKED
Sep 30, 2019
1 billion a year? That's more than an order of magnitude higher than it actually is.

The year isn't quite over yet, but total lobbying from the O/G sector is a touch over 60 million. Not all of it is related to the promotion of climate change as a scam either.

Tightly regulated Natural gas also has a tremendous benefit over coal in terms of total emission generation as well, but the probable money is on China continuing their massive expansion of coal power generationas indicated in their most recent 5 year plan.
The Trade War recently escalated but there are times when they (the US and China) might meet to resolve.

MattR82

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
I used to work on the construction of a natural gas plant. When the oil price tanked a few years ago, so did the gas price as it was somehow tied to oil with the approx 20 year pre-sold contract they (Chevron) had with the buyer in Japan.

I imagine the project blowout from 35 bllion to 70 billion stung a bit more when that happened lol.

Kak

Who is John Galt?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
I have looked into NG as something to make money off of, but simply couldn't make the numbers work.

It is like this... The stuff is so unbelievably cheap that they can't store enough of it and end up burning excess.

So the cost of natural gas... At least in TX is roughly = to the manpower required to direct it into some form of storage + the amortized or rented cost of the storage + insured transportation.

One truck. One train car. One iso tank at a time. There is just not enough energy content relative to the money you have to spend to move and market the stuff.

Now if you had a natural gas fleet of trucks or something for your business... You could run a lot of them off of an iso for quite a while. So maybe a good way to save fuel cost for a trucking company or something.

That or a pipeline to a customer that needed it.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

What if I told you that climate change “activists,” lawmakers, politicians, governments, the IPCC, etc. are anti-capitalism and don’t give a F*ck about you or the environment?

Roli

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
What if I told you that climate change “activists,” lawmakers, politicians, governments, the IPCC, etc. are anti-capitalism and don’t give a F*ck about you or the environment?
I'd say bullshit.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Very interesting, I like your style, I check it right now! Thanks @Lenin looking forward to it. :)
Replies
Views
Top Bottom