I was going to put this on the Inside as it’s quite personal, but then decided to share things with the rest of the community instead. Perhaps someone else here could do with a boost when SHTF.
In October 2015 I had the happiest day of my life.
I got fired from a job I no longer cared for!
WOOHOO!
Within 20 mins of being axed, I was home working FULL TIME on my own ventures. Three months later, the biggest project I’ve ever undertaken to date went live, catering to the private wealth sector. It’s something I’ve been working alongside a seasoned publisher to deliver for the best part of 9months. Finally seeing it operational and ready to take subscriptions was a HUGE boost to my self-esteem and incredibly satisfying. Have a look for yourself:
https://TheWealthJournal.net
Whilst its picking up speed, I’ve moved my sights onto my own solo venture to pay the bills. In particular, I’m providing website development and copywriting services for SMEs and startups. It’s been a while since I’ve been active on TFLF so hopefully this lil’ journey will help show some of the newbies and wannabees that anything is possible with the right mindset.
I had a browse for a few hours a day or so ago and struck GOLD when I came across @SinisterLex’s article about copywriting. If you haven't yet read it, do so. NOW. His approach to mindset from the start is critical and I’ll summarise it for you:
TL;DR: If your head isn’t focused on what you are trying to achieve, then you’ve already lost.
Here and Now
Right now, I have less than zero in the bank.
Boohoo.
Plus, even more debt.
Rent is due in 3 weeks.
The bank wants money from me by the end of the month.
I HAVE NO INCOME.
Boo F***ing hoo.
But I do have this: http://Augmensis.com
AND I have a certain set of skills (Building websites & copywriting).
I have an internet connection and access to a computer.
I have a phone.
I have a pen and paper.
I am in business.
Right now my priorities are:
1) Establish a brochure presence for business – Acts as testament to my abilities & establishes authority
2) Identify prospects who:
3) Contact prospects and:
4) Deliver project(s) to client from priority 3)
5) Get testimonial from client & reinforce priority 1)
6) Rinse & repeat.
“You need money to make money” I call BS. You just don’t want it badly enough to put in the work.
I’m sure there will be some interesting experiences to share with you along the way, so I’ll do my best to add them here. In the meantime, feel free to ask specific questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Enjoy!
Dez
In October 2015 I had the happiest day of my life.
I got fired from a job I no longer cared for!
WOOHOO!
Within 20 mins of being axed, I was home working FULL TIME on my own ventures. Three months later, the biggest project I’ve ever undertaken to date went live, catering to the private wealth sector. It’s something I’ve been working alongside a seasoned publisher to deliver for the best part of 9months. Finally seeing it operational and ready to take subscriptions was a HUGE boost to my self-esteem and incredibly satisfying. Have a look for yourself:
https://TheWealthJournal.net
Whilst its picking up speed, I’ve moved my sights onto my own solo venture to pay the bills. In particular, I’m providing website development and copywriting services for SMEs and startups. It’s been a while since I’ve been active on TFLF so hopefully this lil’ journey will help show some of the newbies and wannabees that anything is possible with the right mindset.
I had a browse for a few hours a day or so ago and struck GOLD when I came across @SinisterLex’s article about copywriting. If you haven't yet read it, do so. NOW. His approach to mindset from the start is critical and I’ll summarise it for you:
TL;DR: If your head isn’t focused on what you are trying to achieve, then you’ve already lost.
Here and Now
Right now, I have less than zero in the bank.
Boohoo.
Plus, even more debt.
Rent is due in 3 weeks.
The bank wants money from me by the end of the month.
I HAVE NO INCOME.
Boo F***ing hoo.
But I do have this: http://Augmensis.com
AND I have a certain set of skills (Building websites & copywriting).
I have an internet connection and access to a computer.
I have a phone.
I have a pen and paper.
I am in business.
Right now my priorities are:
1) Establish a brochure presence for business – Acts as testament to my abilities & establishes authority
2) Identify prospects who:
a. Have an old/outdated/non-responsive website
b. Have an old/outdated/non-pleasing design
c. Already have their own basic copy
d. Are Local SMEs
e. Are in business
f. Have a phone number THAT I CAN CALL
b. Have an old/outdated/non-pleasing design
c. Already have their own basic copy
d. Are Local SMEs
e. Are in business
f. Have a phone number THAT I CAN CALL
3) Contact prospects and:
a. Get a sale & invoice immediately – No money, no project.
b. Or arrange another date
c. Or get feedback
d. GET SOMETHING
b. Or arrange another date
c. Or get feedback
d. GET SOMETHING
4) Deliver project(s) to client from priority 3)
5) Get testimonial from client & reinforce priority 1)
6) Rinse & repeat.
“You need money to make money” I call BS. You just don’t want it badly enough to put in the work.
Stop dreaming kiddo.
Pull your finger out and make something happen.
Anything.
Action.
Action!
ACTION!!
Pull your finger out and make something happen.
Anything.
Action.
Action!
ACTION!!
I’m sure there will be some interesting experiences to share with you along the way, so I’ll do my best to add them here. In the meantime, feel free to ask specific questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Enjoy!
Dez
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
