The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"To fly, cut off the weight holding you down." Dare to raise your head and look at the sky.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
"To fly, cut off the weight holding you down."

Limitations are necessary, but they really suck.
Especially when they are unchangeable and caused by external reasons. As someone who wants to achieve my dreams with hard work, I hate when external reasons limit them or delay them. I live in a wealthy country, normal solid family and I have everything I need to survive and thrive. I am a minor and in there are so many legal and societal restrictions.

Legal restrictions:
Thing I can't do due to laws. For example driving, drinking and so on. While others my age are annoyed at those laws for not being able to legally drink and so on, I am annoyed at them because they delay my entrepreneurial journey. These aren't so bad.
Related legal restrictions:
1. Can't sign a contract without parents permission.
2. Can't start a legal entity in any shape (I can at 16 with parental approval)
3. Can't accept payment without parental aproval.
4. Can't work to much without the government being involved.
5. Little legal capacity: Restrictions on basically everything.
6. Can't work during school hours
7. Can't do taxes without "guidance"

The legal restrictions are okay, it's the societal ones that are tough.

Societal restrictions:
1. Parental approval:
The things I can do without my parents approval is very limited, and my parents are quite strict. They are slowlaners and everythign I say about my business in generalm scares them. And when people are scared they become restrictive and very careful. They won't give me approval until I have made a business plan and exactly what I will do, legal restrictions and so on. They asked me to do that one week ago and I started right afterwards. Now I've made a super detailed plan on the most unnecessary details in business and they are saying that they will discuss it this weekend (is quite unlikely to happen). And until I turn 18, I will be dragged down by them in my pursuit of freedom. They want what's best for me, but they are scared because this is something new, and new is scary. I have to be constantly nice to them (which I normally am either way) and If I get annoyed or frustrated or anything at all, I can't show it because they hold so much power over my financial journey. Until I get their approval I'll just learn more and hone my skills, but actually doing is the best practice.

2. Uniqueness is scary and must be wrong:
That is what the vast majority of people I meet think. People who normally love me, don't realize that they are unconsciously tearing down my dreams. My parents, my brother, my teachers, my friends, my relatives and so on. I've stopped telling them of my dreams because they only throw them in the dirt and tries to drag me back to conformity and comfortability.

The sheep that tried:
A flock of sheeps were herded by a vicious farmer. He ruthlessly beat up every sheep that dared lift it's head up from the grass. All the sheeps hated him, they hated their lives. One day a small sheep in the herd thought to itself "How does the sky look like? Is it green like the grass? Or dark blue like the water?". An older sheep had shown the small sheep a tiny piece of the sky in a puddles reflection and the small sheep got fixated on the sky, thinking about it everyday. So after countless days of misery and deep pondering, the sheep took the bold action of sticking it's head up. It saw something so beautiful. The farmer was not close by but still the other sheep started dragging down the small sheeps head. They didn't want their friend to suffer a beating by the farmer so they did what they thought was best to protect it. This went on for days, the small sheep desperately trying to raise it's head and the other sheeps pushing it to the ground. The farmer was still not close by. As a matter of fact, he hadn't been seen in a long time. After a long and painful struggle the small sheep had now grown strong. With it's now strong neck the other sheep couldn't keep him down anymore. The "small" sheep could finally absorb the beauty of the sky. It realized how much more there was to the world than tasty and comfortable grass. It saw no vicious farmer.

Around it was a herd of sheeps all staring into the ground because they believed it was the best thing to do. They didn't know any better. The now strong and brave sheep dared to attempt an even bolder action: leaving the herd. The sheep had seen great mountains in the horizon and marveled at their strength and greatness. The sheep was committed to reaching the top of the mountain. It wouldn't be easy, but it would be life. Difficult but fulfilling. The sheep was surrounded by it's peers. With a burning passion in it's heart and a dedicated mind the sheep began pushing though to get out of the herd. The other sheeps fought back and tried to keep the sheep in the herd, once again of love. Just as last time, the sheep fought hard and struggled a lot. Sometimes it felt hopeless, but the small sheep kept pushing. After a while, the sheep broke though. It could now wander freely. Now it's gaze rested upon the great mountains. A difficult challenge indeed. But the sheep would not be intimidated by that. It would rather fall of the mountainside in the pursuit of reaching the top, then to fade away in comfort and mediocracy.

The sheeps that dare to stick their head up gets the toughtsty battles, but also the best lives. I won't let other peoples fear become mine and I won't let their doubt drag me down. Neither will you.
Even if it does not work out right away, it will eventually. Keep working and believe in yourself.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for all your books. They are lifechanging.
If there is someone who should be happy it's you.

@MJ DeMarco, you first stuck your head up, then you left the crowd and then you ascended the mountain. You are the sheep on top of the mountain teaching other small sheeps how to climb. Thank you, truly.

Since I joined the forum I have made $0 but I have learnt knowldegde worth more than any money I could ever make. With all the knowledge I've absorbed, I believe that I can actually provide value to this world.
Thank you @SnowLava
Thank you @KJFast
Thank you @KrisRomer
Thank you @MJ DeMarco

Very grateful for this forum. When I succeed I will finally be able to pay back all the wisdom I've learnt from this place.
Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 17, 2024
Omg what a great post Zontora! I’m amazed at how young you are and have such an advanced mindset already. I wish I had read all these books at your age haha. Once you become free enough to live on your own you will surely explode to success.

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
Omg what a great post Zontora! I’m amazed at how young you are and have such an advanced mindset already. I wish I had read all these books at your age haha. Once you become free enough to live on your own you will surely explode to success.
Thank you!
Yeah I'm super grateful for being exposed to and reading Mj's books and philosophy.
I really look forward to when I turn 18, it's in 3 years but I just have to be patient and learn.
What's one lesson you've learned that you wish that your learnt earlier?

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Thank you!
Yeah I'm super grateful for being exposed to and reading Mj's books and philosophy.
I really look forward to when I turn 18, it's in 3 years but I just have to be patient and learn.
Go into things with intention to bring Value, leave things in a better place than you found them.

Live a life that makes YOU happy. Selfishness is good, you won't make others happy if you're miserable.

And you are enough. Everything around you was created by a person in no way better than yourself.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 17, 2024
Thank you!
That going all out in all areas of life is what life is made for. Eat healthy, make millions of dollars, nurture your relationships, grow in spirit, keep learning. Doing your best in these 5 things is the purpose of life. I wish I had known that when I was young, if I did, I would have looked at money in a better way.

A thing I learned from MJ’s book that I wish I knew sooner was that becoming rich in the Fastlane is the way that pretty much everyone should aim to become rich in. Not just ‘make money real slow and then you’ll be rich with a walker and grey hair’.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great story with the sheep, did you write that yourself?

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
Great story with the sheep, did you write that yourself?
Yeah.
I’ve always loved writing. I have always had a huge fantasy and came up with a ton of stories, and now I have found the beauty of taking lessons and knowledge and turning them into a tangible story. I was 6 I tried writing my first book and obviously it wasn’t very well but it sparked my passion for stories.

Last edited:

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
Go into things with intention to bring Value, leave things in a better place than you found them.

Live a life that makes YOU happy. Selfishness is good, you won't make others happy if you're miserable.

And you are enough. Everything around you was created by a person in no way better than yourself.
Thank you.

This is super valuable. Sometimes I feel like I’m not the “type or person” and that I don’t “have it in me”. This helps silencing that voice”

At this moment in time I’m both happy and unhappy. I know there’s so much more to the world but I’m chained to my home and norms. I know I just have to be patient and do the best of the time I have now. The future I’m dreaming of might never arrive. This could be my last message.

I’ve realized that the more I learn, the more value I can provide and in turn, the more money I can make. So I will become an expert in my field, and help people as much as I can.

I’ve also realized that I haven’t made any money yet and decided that I won’t give advice to people until I do. I feel like I’m doing the talk before the walk.

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
That going all out in all areas of life is what life is made for. Eat healthy, make millions of dollars, nurture your relationships, grow in spirit, keep learning. Doing your best in these 5 things is the purpose of life. I wish I had known that when I was young, if I did, I would have looked at money in a better way.

A thing I learned from MJ’s book that I wish I knew sooner was that becoming rich in the Fastlane is the way that pretty much everyone should aim to become rich in. Not just ‘make money real slow and then you’ll be rich with a walker and grey hair’.
I’m very grateful for this message.
I’m in self improvement but lately it’s been going pretty downhill since I’ve just been caught up in my mind. I have skipped my meditation which has clouded my mind so that’s something I need to get back to.

I completely agree with what you say. For some people religion is their purpose. For me it’s philosophy. Making money is just something I do to embody my philosophy.
When I imagine my dream I don’t see Ferraris and diamonds. I see a myself on a hill in nature meditating. I see myself swimming in the ocean. I see myself diving with friends and loved ones. I see myself climbing mountains. All of this is my purpose. To grow and become the best version of myself and explore the world.
Thanks again for the advice.
I want to get rich before 25 because then I have a ton of years of exploring the world. I am stoic and I have accepted that I can die at any time. So I want to succeed as soon as possible so I can spend my time how I would like to:
Nature
Helping others
Philosophy
Self improvement.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
"To fly, cut off the weight holding you down."

Limitations are necessary, but they really suck.
Especially when they are unchangeable and caused by external reasons. As someone who wants to achieve my dreams with hard work, I hate when external reasons limit them or delay them. I live in a wealthy country, normal solid family and I have everything I need to survive and thrive. I am a minor and in there are so many legal and societal restrictions.

Legal restrictions:
Thing I can't do due to laws. For example driving, drinking and so on. While others my age are annoyed at those laws for not being able to legally drink and so on, I am annoyed at them because they delay my entrepreneurial journey. These aren't so bad.
Related legal restrictions:
1. Can't sign a contract without parents permission.
2. Can't start a legal entity in any shape (I can at 16 with parental approval)
3. Can't accept payment without parental aproval.
4. Can't work to much without the government being involved.
5. Little legal capacity: Restrictions on basically everything.
6. Can't work during school hours
7. Can't do taxes without "guidance"

The legal restrictions are okay, it's the societal ones that are tough.

Societal restrictions:
1. Parental approval:
The things I can do without my parents approval is very limited, and my parents are quite strict. They are slowlaners and everythign I say about my business in generalm scares them. And when people are scared they become restrictive and very careful. They won't give me approval until I have made a business plan and exactly what I will do, legal restrictions and so on. They asked me to do that one week ago and I started right afterwards. Now I've made a super detailed plan on the most unnecessary details in business and they are saying that they will discuss it this weekend (is quite unlikely to happen). And until I turn 18, I will be dragged down by them in my pursuit of freedom. They want what's best for me, but they are scared because this is something new, and new is scary. I have to be constantly nice to them (which I normally am either way) and If I get annoyed or frustrated or anything at all, I can't show it because they hold so much power over my financial journey. Until I get their approval I'll just learn more and hone my skills, but actually doing is the best practice.

2. Uniqueness is scary and must be wrong:
That is what the vast majority of people I meet think. People who normally love me, don't realize that they are unconsciously tearing down my dreams. My parents, my brother, my teachers, my friends, my relatives and so on. I've stopped telling them of my dreams because they only throw them in the dirt and tries to drag me back to conformity and comfortability.

The sheep that tried:
A flock of sheeps were herded by a vicious farmer. He ruthlessly beat up every sheep that dared lift it's head up from the grass. All the sheeps hated him, they hated their lives. One day a small sheep in the herd thought to itself "How does the sky look like? Is it green like the grass? Or dark blue like the water?". An older sheep had shown the small sheep a tiny piece of the sky in a puddles reflection and the small sheep got fixated on the sky, thinking about it everyday. So after countless days of misery and deep pondering, the sheep took the bold action of sticking it's head up. It saw something so beautiful. The farmer was not close by but still the other sheep started dragging down the small sheeps head. They didn't want their friend to suffer a beating by the farmer so they did what they thought was best to protect it. This went on for days, the small sheep desperately trying to raise it's head and the other sheeps pushing it to the ground. The farmer was still not close by. As a matter of fact, he hadn't been seen in a long time. After a long and painful struggle the small sheep had now grown strong. With it's now strong neck the other sheep couldn't keep him down anymore. The "small" sheep could finally absorb the beauty of the sky. It realized how much more there was to the world than tasty and comfortable grass. It saw no vicious farmer.

Around it was a herd of sheeps all staring into the ground because they believed it was the best thing to do. They didn't know any better. The now strong and brave sheep dared to attempt an even bolder action: leaving the herd. The sheep had seen great mountains in the horizon and marveled at their strength and greatness. The sheep was committed to reaching the top of the mountain. It wouldn't be easy, but it would be life. Difficult but fulfilling. The sheep was surrounded by it's peers. With a burning passion in it's heart and a dedicated mind the sheep began pushing though to get out of the herd. The other sheeps fought back and tried to keep the sheep in the herd, once again of love. Just as last time, the sheep fought hard and struggled a lot. Sometimes it felt hopeless, but the small sheep kept pushing. After a while, the sheep broke though. It could now wander freely. Now it's gaze rested upon the great mountains. A difficult challenge indeed. But the sheep would not be intimidated by that. It would rather fall of the mountainside in the pursuit of reaching the top, then to fade away in comfort and mediocracy.

The sheeps that dare to stick their head up gets the toughtsty battles, but also the best lives. I won't let other peoples fear become mine and I won't let their doubt drag me down. Neither will you.
Even if it does not work out right away, it will eventually. Keep working and believe in yourself.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for all your books. They are lifechanging.
If there is someone who should be happy it's you.

@MJ DeMarco, you first stuck your head up, then you left the crowd and then you ascended the mountain. You are the sheep on top of the mountain teaching other small sheeps how to climb. Thank you, truly.

Since I joined the forum I have made $0 but I have learnt knowldegde worth more than any money I could ever make. With all the knowledge I've absorbed, I believe that I can actually provide value to this world.
Thank you @SnowLava
Thank you @KJFast
Thank you @KrisRomer
Thank you @MJ DeMarco

Very grateful for this forum. When I succeed I will finally be able to pay back all the wisdom I've learnt from this place.
Thank you.

Why hadn't I seen this post earlier. Even though you pinged me I dont remember receiving a notification. Whatever. Great post my man!

I am going through the same parental restrictions that you are. Although my parents appear to be even less flexible. Due to that I had to (and still am) wait till my exams get over. Lets see if their minds would change.

Plus regarding all other people like relatives, teachers etc. I would advice don't tell them. Most dont care. Even if they care they would be too scripted to believe. Show them with results. Nobody would have believed in things said by @MJ DeMarco had he not been a multi millionaire before writing the book.

And the story of the sheep was brilliant! Im copy pasting it to my notion.

I am grateful and indebted to meet someone like you. Would help you in any way that I can.

Thank you for writing this.

For some people religion is their purpose. For me it’s philosophy.
What do you exactly mean by 'philosophy is my purpose'?

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
I am going through the same parental restrictions that you are. Although my parents appear to be even less flexible. Due to that I had to (and still am) wait till my exams get over. Lets see if their minds would change.
I feel you. We just gotta do what we can. Learn and grow.

Plus regarding all other people like relatives, teachers etc. I would advice don't tell them. Most dont care. Even if they care they would be too scripted to believe. Show them with results. Nobody would have believed in things said by @MJ DeMarco had he not been a multi millionaire before writing the book.
Yeah I will only tell those close to me. They will only drag me down with doubt.

And the story of the sheep was brilliant! Im copy pasting it to my notion.
Thanks bro!

I am grateful and indebted to meet someone like you. Would help you in any way that I can.
Grateful for you as well. It's amazing to have other at the same stage in life, with the same goal.

What do you exactly mean by 'philosophy is my purpose'?
For me, philosophy is very important. It's the core of all my decisions. It's my purpose. I love it and it's something I practice everyday.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.