The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Publicity Stunt

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
I want to do something like this for the launch of our website (cliqflip)....

What I thought might be COOL is if we come up with ideas - vote for the best one and then I go out and do it.

Rules:

Can't result in giving the brand a bad name.

I can't afford fines, so nothing illegal... Unless it's AMAZING... I'll spend a night in jail for success ;)

^Pretty much anything goes other than those things

Now, what ideas you got?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Most of the stunts that really capture the media's attention require either massive amounts of time or money or putting yourself in a dangerous situation. Are you willing to do those for publicity?

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I didn't write this, so you'll just copy it and make it completely useless with everyone and their dog using it, but to make a point of using stories and to coax your own story.

I also think I am done here, at least for a while.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Years ago I got press for many weeks by sending news wires to AP by having a headline "How one eccentric local boy started his company from a CLOSET to XY in sales..."

That's pretty ingenious.

wgayler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2012
Las Vegas NV/Park City, Utah
How about something unique using:

Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps or fewer. It was originally set out by Frigyes Karinthy and popularized by a play written by John Guare.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Since your site is about finding other people with similar interest you can parachute out of an airplane and on the way down explain how you found other guys to jump with through your website. Once you open the parachute it can have your company name on it for all who are looking up to see. That might be more of a commercial.

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
Sounds awesome - except I have no idea how to skydive / parachute / would end up in a pond near by.

Roark: I really like your idea - coming up with some ideas on how I can make a spin-off of it

Steven Williams

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 29, 2011
Kenosha
I checked out your site and it has potential. Because your domain name is simple I would just post it everywhere you can. Make business cards with just the domain name. Make some t shirts with just the domain name. Send the business card to the editor of every newspaper and magazine you can afford to.

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
Was just thinking about paying someone that knows how to do those RC places - put a banner on it and fly it over freeways... what do you think? Maybe not publicity stunt, but might bring some news

DavLung

Really Fast Tricycle
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 4, 2012
California

SPX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 31, 2012
Since you live in Orange County California, I'm assuming.

Make a giant banner of your website name, and hang it over the walkway of a major freeway. So much traffic :fastlane:

Would be a cool thing to try out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.