The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Psychology: A Priority Ingredient in Product Dev

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've recently been researching building an app (a computer video game for mobile devices and Facebook), and was curious as to why consumers engage more heavily with some apps than others. A logical place to find the answer was with a case study: why Angry Birds is so successful. So I found the following article Why Angry Birds is so successful and popular: a cognitive teardown of the user experience and it reminded me why having at least a basic understanding of human psychology helps businesses develop better products and solicit better responses from their target markets.

Just some food for thought. This kind of thinking and analysis by a business is what makes some really great.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
i think one of the things that keeps users "hooked" on a game is getting them to try over over over at the specific "problem" in the game whatever that might be to get a specific reward which in turn makes us "feel good" and wanna keep going. as all games have puzzles, problems, strategies etc involved. all games have a "struggle/challenge" and then a "reward".

if you are looking to get someone addicted to a game or an app which in turn increases the chances of that person telling their friends "hey this app is soo cool/addicting/fun", the best way is to look at successful video games and reverse engineer. so it looks like you got the right idea. great post

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads