The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

~The Secret Ingredient You NEED To SUCCEED

Anything related to matters of the mind

KacperMDJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 20, 2016
Would you like to know what it is?

I bet you already know it deep inside...

If you've ever started building something but never quite finished it then you have to know why.

Did you have doubts it won't work?
Or did you fear something else?

You know what you should do but you STOPPED.

YOU DIDN'T HAVE PERSEVERANCE.

Perseverance is what you need.

From now on whether you start feeling doubts or see obstacles don't just give up.

PERSEVERE.

Today, tomorrow, and every day of your life.

I hope you enjoyed me brushing up my copywriting skills :). Of course I learned about the existence of copywriting on this forum a few days ago when I signed up.

Now let me tell you my failure stories because of the lack of perseverance. I'm a software engineer so naturally I've always wanted to create super-duper hot startups. The more I'm reading this forum the less I want it, though. Focusing on value and helping others sounds way better.

1. Craft beers were getting popular in Poland. I like good beer.

That's why with some friends we created a mobile app that lists all the POIs (mostly multitap bars but also shops with high-quality beer).
Oh man the User Experience of these apps was so great people would LOVE this.

After we had the prototype ready we approached a barman in the most popular multitap in the city and he told us "it looks cool but there's already another app on the market and we'd have to update both of them which sucks".

Instead of seeing this as a challenge we gave up. Of course the second app was really, really bad.

Although I think this idea violates CENTS it'd be such a great experience to help so many people find the beer they want. Aww!

2. Together with a friend of mine we wanted to create a portal for people who want to train foreign languages. We already had a prototype built on a Hackathon and we even won a third place so that felt we can push this further.

The idea was easy: you pick the language and we'll match you with other random person with similar skill and you two can talk via a video-conference.
We would list you 3 random topics - choose one and you'd see words and phrases related to it.

The problem is: you need a big user base for this to work.
We decided to start with a landing page and get as much e-mails as we can first and then launch. First we were checking how many emails we have few times per day. Then once per few days. After 3 months we had less than 30 e-mails.

Did we do any marketing?

Almost none. We only posted about this idea on some FB groups and waited. We didn't buy any ads. We didn't take any more action. We didn't persevere. We gave up.

I want the next of mine on this forum to be a success story. That's why I will persevere on whatever I do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Would you like to know what it is?

I bet you already know it deep inside...

If you've ever started building something but never quite finished it then you have to know why.

Did you have doubts it won't work?
Or did you fear something else?

You know what you should do but you STOPPED.

YOU DIDN'T HAVE PERSEVERANCE.

Perseverance is what you need.

From now on whether you start feeling doubts or see obstacles don't just give up.

PERSEVERE.

Today, tomorrow, and every day of your life.

I hope you enjoyed me brushing up my copywriting skills :). Of course I learned about the existence of copywriting on this forum a few days ago when I signed up.

Now let me tell you my failure stories because of the lack of perseverance. I'm a software engineer so naturally I've always wanted to create super-duper hot startups. The more I'm reading this forum the less I want it, though. Focusing on value and helping others sounds way better.

1. Craft beers were getting popular in Poland. I like good beer.

That's why with some friends we created a mobile app that lists all the POIs (mostly multitap bars but also shops with high-quality beer).
Oh man the User Experience of these apps was so great people would LOVE this.

After we had the prototype ready we approached a barman in the most popular multitap in the city and he told us "it looks cool but there's already another app on the market and we'd have to update both of them which sucks".

Instead of seeing this as a challenge we gave up. Of course the second app was really, really bad.

Although I think this idea violates CENTS it'd be such a great experience to help so many people find the beer they want. Aww!

2. Together with a friend of mine we wanted to create a portal for people who want to train foreign languages. We already had a prototype built on a Hackathon and we even won a third place so that felt we can push this further.

The idea was easy: you pick the language and we'll match you with other random person with similar skill and you two can talk via a video-conference.
We would list you 3 random topics - choose one and you'd see words and phrases related to it.

The problem is: you need a big user base for this to work.
We decided to start with a landing page and get as much e-mails as we can first and then launch. First we were checking how many emails we have few times per day. Then once per few days. After 3 months we had less than 30 e-mails.

Did we do any marketing?

Almost none. We only posted about this idea on some FB groups and waited. We didn't buy any ads. We didn't take any more action. We didn't persevere. We gave up.

I want the next of mine on this forum to be a success story. That's why I will persevere on whatever I do.

hi

i wish you to succeed and i hope that once successful, you will come back to this topic to say :

" guys, this is where all started months ago ( years ago) and look what we have achieved so you the readers can do the same "

make it happen

Last edited by a moderator:

KrakenCash

Remembering to Provide Value
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 30, 2016
Florida
The reoccurring failures I've had in business ventures are highly de-motivating.

Nevertheless you're right -- a lack of perseverance was my biggest downfall as well. Regardless of the doubts I'm confronted with I should remain fearless and should grind on until I find success rather than quit early.

Thank you for the extra encouragement. Good post.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
The reoccurring failures I've had in business ventures are highly de-motivating.

Nevertheless you're right -- a lack of perseverance was my biggest downfall as well. Regardless of the doubts I'm confronted with I should remain fearless and should grind on until I find success rather than quit early.

Thank you for the extra encouragement. Good post.

you can predict your future with this simple test:

can you imagine yourself standing at the guy's place on this picture ? ( the wolf of wall street )

your answer will tell the world about your future because it tells the world about your attitude in front of life :

a leader with a mission or a follower .

it depends on your understanding of life

wolf.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
keep going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.