- Joined
- Dec 20, 2016
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$50
$50
User Power: 120%
Would you like to know what it is?
I bet you already know it deep inside...
If you've ever started building something but never quite finished it then you have to know why.
Did you have doubts it won't work?
Or did you fear something else?
You know what you should do but you STOPPED.
YOU DIDN'T HAVE PERSEVERANCE.
Perseverance is what you need.
From now on whether you start feeling doubts or see obstacles don't just give up.
PERSEVERE.
Today, tomorrow, and every day of your life.
I hope you enjoyed me brushing up my copywriting skills
. Of course I learned about the existence of copywriting on this forum a few days ago when I signed up.
Now let me tell you my failure stories because of the lack of perseverance. I'm a software engineer so naturally I've always wanted to create super-duper hot startups. The more I'm reading this forum the less I want it, though. Focusing on value and helping others sounds way better.
1. Craft beers were getting popular in Poland. I like good beer.
That's why with some friends we created a mobile app that lists all the POIs (mostly multitap bars but also shops with high-quality beer).
Oh man the User Experience of these apps was so great people would LOVE this.
After we had the prototype ready we approached a barman in the most popular multitap in the city and he told us "it looks cool but there's already another app on the market and we'd have to update both of them which sucks".
Instead of seeing this as a challenge we gave up. Of course the second app was really, really bad.
Although I think this idea violates CENTS it'd be such a great experience to help so many people find the beer they want. Aww!
2. Together with a friend of mine we wanted to create a portal for people who want to train foreign languages. We already had a prototype built on a Hackathon and we even won a third place so that felt we can push this further.
The idea was easy: you pick the language and we'll match you with other random person with similar skill and you two can talk via a video-conference.
We would list you 3 random topics - choose one and you'd see words and phrases related to it.
The problem is: you need a big user base for this to work.
We decided to start with a landing page and get as much e-mails as we can first and then launch. First we were checking how many emails we have few times per day. Then once per few days. After 3 months we had less than 30 e-mails.
Did we do any marketing?
Almost none. We only posted about this idea on some FB groups and waited. We didn't buy any ads. We didn't take any more action. We didn't persevere. We gave up.
I want the next of mine on this forum to be a success story. That's why I will persevere on whatever I do.
I bet you already know it deep inside...
If you've ever started building something but never quite finished it then you have to know why.
Did you have doubts it won't work?
Or did you fear something else?
You know what you should do but you STOPPED.
YOU DIDN'T HAVE PERSEVERANCE.
Perseverance is what you need.
From now on whether you start feeling doubts or see obstacles don't just give up.
PERSEVERE.
Today, tomorrow, and every day of your life.
I hope you enjoyed me brushing up my copywriting skills
Now let me tell you my failure stories because of the lack of perseverance. I'm a software engineer so naturally I've always wanted to create super-duper hot startups. The more I'm reading this forum the less I want it, though. Focusing on value and helping others sounds way better.
1. Craft beers were getting popular in Poland. I like good beer.
That's why with some friends we created a mobile app that lists all the POIs (mostly multitap bars but also shops with high-quality beer).
Oh man the User Experience of these apps was so great people would LOVE this.
After we had the prototype ready we approached a barman in the most popular multitap in the city and he told us "it looks cool but there's already another app on the market and we'd have to update both of them which sucks".
Instead of seeing this as a challenge we gave up. Of course the second app was really, really bad.
Although I think this idea violates CENTS it'd be such a great experience to help so many people find the beer they want. Aww!
2. Together with a friend of mine we wanted to create a portal for people who want to train foreign languages. We already had a prototype built on a Hackathon and we even won a third place so that felt we can push this further.
The idea was easy: you pick the language and we'll match you with other random person with similar skill and you two can talk via a video-conference.
We would list you 3 random topics - choose one and you'd see words and phrases related to it.
The problem is: you need a big user base for this to work.
We decided to start with a landing page and get as much e-mails as we can first and then launch. First we were checking how many emails we have few times per day. Then once per few days. After 3 months we had less than 30 e-mails.
Did we do any marketing?
Almost none. We only posted about this idea on some FB groups and waited. We didn't buy any ads. We didn't take any more action. We didn't persevere. We gave up.
I want the next of mine on this forum to be a success story. That's why I will persevere on whatever I do.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

