The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Prosecting books?

thecoach

Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Prospecting books?

Hey folks,

I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any good books for prospecting clients or creating sales leads? When I I get infront people I close the sale more than 80% of the time, but my problem is I don't get infront of enough people. One of the biggest flaws in my business is my prospecting skills in finding qualified people to talk to. I'm 28 and live in an area where most people these days don't move out of home until they are my age and don't start a career or family until they are in their early 30s, so my natural market is full of people that don't see value in my services (insurance and investment). I've tried finding a mentor, but most that have been in the business with the same natural market were in the business before this change of people staying home longer and "growing up" 5-10 years later than before. I'm trying more trade shows, but right now money is tight so I can't drop the big coin for the good trade shows for a little while.

Any resources out there for finding the right kind of people or any ideas on how a 28 year old can get into an older market?

Thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

michael515

Contributor
Aug 27, 2007
High Probability Selling - Jaques Werth
Selling Sucks, Never Cold Call Again - Frank Rumbauskas
Anything by Jay Abraham

The first discusses alot of cold calling but you can take the principles and apply to all marketing.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
This is a pretty cool service. We've had trouble finding good virtual mailboxes, so that is what...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom