The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Productivity Books are the best according to y'all?

For any book discussion

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
I have read one or two productivity books but there is only one I swear by:
Hyperfocus
If you read this book alone and applied its concepts you would be more productive by atleast 10%

My Question Is-
What Productivity Books are you reading?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
A few ones are:
The Rule Of 3:
Make a list of three things you would like to complete tomorrow without fail.
Hyperfocus Rituals:
This is a session in which you go in a "flow state" for 90 minutes and complete whatever you set yourself to complete.
Scatterfocus:
This is the opposite of a Hyperfocus Ritual but here you try to grasp ideas and try to find solutions to problems by letting your mind wander.

There are some more but this is what I have learnt from that book.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. No need to read anything else.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
I have heard of that book by a YouTuber called Leon Hendrix.

I have never read it though

What is the book about? What did you learn?

FullTimePreneur

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
Jersey City
The slight edge by Jeff Olson
Get things done by David Allen

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What is the book about? What did you learn?

It reinforced my belief that extreme simplification can lead to extreme results. People do too much. They spend time on 20 unimportant tasks at the expense of dedicating themselves to that one task that would produce 10x better results and in less time.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
It reinforced my belief that extreme simplification can lead to extreme results. People do too much. They spend time on 20 unimportant tasks at the expense of dedicating themselves to that one task that would produce 10x better results and in less time.
Interesting.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Getting things done David Allen
Time Mastery by Tony Robbins (the RPM method, etc.)

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
Getting things done David Allen
Time Mastery by Tony Robbins (the RPM method, etc.)
Is the tony robbins book good?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
it's a course. Expensive. Worth it.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
ah I see

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
The cost must have made you commit to being productive.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
You can find enough of the meat of it online to get 80% of it. Very powerful. I blended RPM with GTD and created my own supersystem. (I've completed 198 major action items so far this year)

And if you are committed to investing in yourself (which is what you should do with your first $10k), the price of something is irrelevant. They are all tools / assets / methods to help you achieve goals.

This is SOME merit to 'if you pay more, you will pay more attention to it / value it more'. I like to use that to PRICE my services vs allow me to not learn from good material just because it didn't cost anything. Knowledge is power.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
You can find enough of the meat of it online to get 80% of it. Very powerful. I blended RPM with GTD and created my own supersystem. (I've completed 198 major action items so far this year)

And if you are committed to investing in yourself (which is what you should do with your first $10k), the price of something is irrelevant. They are all tools / assets / methods to help you achieve goals.

This is SOME merit to 'if you pay more, you will pay more attention to it / value it more'. I like to use that to PRICE my services vs allow me to not learn from good material just because it didn't cost anything. Knowledge is power.
Sounds Awesome!

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2023
I know almost all the books mentioned. I'll give you another one you guys probably haven't heard of.

Deep Work by Cal Newport. The book is about increasing your productivity by eliminating distractions, both physical and mental. Hence, deep work. The one thing I've learned from this is the idea of time blocking. It's a system I still use to this day.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I just read this one based on your recommendation. Amazing book! It has been a while since I got applicable takeaways from a book. The book is also small and took me 2 days to read. Recommended for sure!

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
I know almost all the books mentioned. I'll give you another one you guys probably haven't heard of.

Deep Work by Cal Newport. The book is about increasing your productivity by eliminating distractions, both physical and mental. Hence, deep work. The one thing I've learned from this is the idea of time blocking. It's a system I still use to this day.
I actually have the book right now lol
Yes i have heard of it

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2023
I actually have the book right now lol
Yes i have heard of it
Did you only recently buy it?
Read it. This book really focuses on managing your time to do not only the 'right things, but do them in the most optimal way in order to achieve remarkable results. It's like adding steroids to your productivity system.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Thats really amazing, i like the way you put it

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
can you put down three things you learned from the book??
Read it. This book really focuses on managing your time to do not only the 'right things, but do them in the most optimal way in order to achieve remarkable results. It's like adding steroids to your productivity system.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
Yes. I read half of it but it got hard to read pretty quickly.

However, I will take your word for it and read the whole thing!

Etti

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 26, 2022
Hyperfocus
If you read this book alone and applied its concepts you would be more productive by atleast 10%

My Question Is-

Love post's like this! cause man all it takes is one GOOD book!, here's one I read, and I ABSOLUTELY swear by ( side note I actually found out about here on this forum from a list of other books somewhere on this list NOTABLE! - HOT! - BOOKS - CHAT - What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!) but the Book "Fearvana" recently has been my ABSOLUTE go to! a book that is jam packed with gems, but one main take away I learned was how to systematize your life so that you can highly optimize your output both in business, health and life! . great read!

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
Love post's like this! cause man all it takes is one GOOD book!, here's one I read, and I ABSOLUTELY swear by ( side note I actually found out about here on this forum from a list of other books somewhere on this list NOTABLE! - HOT! - BOOKS - CHAT - What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!) but the Book "Fearvana" recently has been my ABSOLUTE go to! a book that is jam packed with gems, but one main take away I learned was how to systematize your life so that you can highly optimize your output both in business, health and life! . great read!
I just saw the book online and saw that the Dalai Lama commented on the book's greatness. I will put it into my Book Wishlist!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hyperfocus

My Question Is-
I have some books in mind but the best productivity lesson I had was from previous work experience.

There is digital monitoring of KPI in clients service request fulfillment, cross-sales success, and other so-called compliance "shit paper work" in a bank.

If the producvitiy kpi is under performing you have to write some explanation to the manager who in turn has to write some explanation to the higher management.

HIgh Pressure environments ultimately produce hyperfocus.

It is a 9-6 job, but after 6 your brain shut down and you want to sleep immediately.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
I have some books in mind but the best productivity lesson I had was from previous work experience.

There is digital monitoring of KPI in clients service request fulfillment, cross-sales success, and other so-called compliance "shit paper work" in a bank.

If the producvitiy kpi is under performing you have to write some explanation to the manager who in turn has to write some explanation to the higher management.

HIgh Pressure environments ultimately produce hyperfocus.

It is a 9-6 job, but after 6 your brain shut down and you want to sleep immediately.
Lol this thread really told me about all the books that are good and I did not even know existed.

Till now i was only reading the popular books like Deep Work and Hyperfocus.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Lol this thread really told me about all the books that are good and I did not even know existed.

Till now i was only reading the popular books like Deep Work and Hyperfocus.
The classical book on productivity was “Get things done”.

I think it is still relevant today. When I was a student I read the Calvin Newport series which is largely applicable for students only. Calvin Newport kind of borrowed many ideas from “Get Things Done”.

As I stepped into the working world it taught me another set of rules, that has to be learnt by experience. How to jam many things to get them done within a time window with minimal mistakes.

Etti

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 26, 2022
I just saw the book online and saw that the Dalai Lama commented on the book's greatness. I will put it into my Book Wishlist!
yea man DEFINITELY DO!

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

I am due for a re-read!

I have been recommending Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals and Algorithm to Live by: The Computer Science of Human Decisions a lot recently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.