The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] Teen Execution (17)

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
So one month after I've read all three books, how was my progress? I'm not gonna lie I kinda just did a lot of action faking (watching Alex Hormozi and reading threads, while valueable weren't the solution the the problem in front of me). Why? I think the issue was a lack of clearer direction. I had a general overview of where I wanted to be but no real plans to get there. So I decided to fix that by 1. taking the web design course (by putting money down it'll keep me more accountable) and 2,following along with @Edgar King's post and 3. writing down my actions in the Fastlane planner .

New Monthly goals
  • Work on the web design course and start seeing profit within 6 months. [Reason: To build fastlane skills, build some cash flow to be self reliant to pursue a truly fastlane venture]
  • Continue building the foundation to start a productacracy
  • Study for the SAT 3-10hrs a week,sign up for scholarships (Reason:Keep my parents happy and keep doors open]
  • Roughly every week come back to this thread and update it
  • Continue going to the gym (Also whats with the weird diet trends from paleo to keto {veganism being the exception} all you have to do is track your calories and protein and eat whole foods 80% of the time} & daily routine
Daily routine:
6:50Wake up,brush,weigh in,meditate,breakfast,bike to school
7:30-2:30School
2:30-5:00Come home either gym for about 2hrs or if rest day go home 2:30-2:40
5:00-8:40 or 2:40-8:40"Free time" (i call it that cause I could be working on one of the goals above)
8-8:40 Hw if I didn't already do it
8:40-9:25 Read for 30-60 mins
9:25 Brush then sleep

Also I changed my mind about bio med and instead plan on telling my parents im doing a gap year and going full steam on entrepreneurship, if need be sign up to community college for 2 years to get some finical help from my parents ( they are very dogmatic about the script so it's college or I'm out)
For anyone deciding on college (in the US): This post should clear things up

Sidenote: Was this hard to read? If so let me know what I can do to improve. I wanted to write some more but I can't seem to put my thoughts into words

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
So one month after I've read all three books, how was my progress? I'm not gonna lie I kinda just did a lot of action faking (watching Alex Hormozi and reading threads, while valueable weren't the solution the the problem in front of me). Why? I think the issue was a lack of clearer direction. I had a general overview of where I wanted to be but no real plans to get there. So I decided to fix that by 1. taking the web design course (by putting money down it'll keep me more accountable) and 2,following along with @Edgar King's post and 3. writing down my actions in the Fastlane planner .

New Monthly goals
  • Work on the web design course and start seeing profit within 6 months. [Reason: To build fastlane skills, build some cash flow to be self reliant to pursue a truly fastlane venture]
  • Continue building the foundation to start a productacracy
  • Study for the SAT 3-10hrs a week,sign up for scholarships (Reason:Keep my parents happy and keep doors open]
  • Roughly every week come back to this thread and update it
  • Continue going to the gym (Also whats with the weird diet trends from paleo to keto {veganism being the exception} all you have to do is track your calories and protein and eat whole foods 80% of the time} & daily routine
Daily routine:
6:50Wake up,brush,weigh in,meditate,breakfast,bike to school
7:30-2:30School
2:30-5:00Come home either gym for about 2hrs or if rest day go home 2:30-2:40
5:00-8:40 or 2:40-8:40"Free time" (i call it that cause I could be working on one of the goals above)
8-8:40 Hw if I didn't already do it
8:40-9:25 Read for 30-60 mins
9:25 Brush then sleep

Also I changed my mind about bio med and instead plan on telling my parents im doing a gap year and going full steam on entrepreneurship, if need be sign up to community college for 2 years to get some finical help from my parents ( they are very dogmatic about the script so it's college or I'm out)
For anyone deciding on college (in the US): This post should clear things up

Sidenote: Was this hard to read? If so let me know what I can do to improve. I wanted to write some more but I can't seem to put my thoughts into words
Why you want web design ? now a days it is very challenging business to get customers, and you are student , not much time for marketing. I would pick another thing like selling online , etc

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Awesome that you're taking action and best of luck!
So one month after I've read all three books, how was my progress? I'm not gonna lie I kinda just did a lot of action faking (watching Alex Hormozi and reading threads, while valueable weren't the solution the the problem in front of me).
While it's true you should always be doing actions that move the needle forward, I believe it pays in the long run to assimilate the experiences of those who've done it before. A multi pronged approach of learning and acting are the best combination I'd say!
Why? I think the issue was a lack of clearer direction. I had a general overview of where I wanted to be but no real plans to get there.
If you read my thread, you'll notice at the beginning that Steve reprimanded me for not having a plan. And I'm so glad he did! Without one I'd be moving around in circles thinking I'm making progress, when I might not. If you're serious about achieving anything, you need a proper plan/outline. It doesn't even have to be specific, an outline will do as things evolve over time.

But plans are useless on their own. It needs a proper goal backed up by a proper why. I'd recommend you write in a diary for this part so you can come back to it over and over. You need a proper why to keep you going in the hard times, you need a proper goal to make the actions worth it, you need a proper plan to reach those goals. And these goals need to be SMART goals to actually be achievable (Search it up ;) ).

A why is the reason you're in the game. Without it, you'd just sit on the field.

A goal is how many points you'd score. Without it, you're there for the sake of being there.

A plan is how you're going to pull it off efficiently. Without it, you'd be running around in circles.

So I'd recommend you define and write these.

Check out this post on how to do it-

There are some rules and principles there you might want to implement when you start this to ensure you reach it. They are the culmination of what I learned on finishing the 90 day challenge.

And why not $10K per month in 90 days? :D You might think this is unreasonable, but trust me, you can pull if off so long as you're consistent and lean to provide value, especially with the time you're putting in.

I think you've got the daily work schedule down though. Just invest some hours almost every day into it and into reaching your goal and you'll go far long term.

Best of luck!

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Why you want web design ? now a days it is very challenging business to get customers, and you are student , not much time for marketing. I would pick another thing like selling online , etc
I think it would be a great way to monetize getting fastlane experiences and being in a group of people like fox's would keep me on the right track.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
So far progress is good, continuing to make my way through the course
I should probably study for the SAT a little bit more
Also thanks Edgar for the tidbit about taking a multi pronged approach.
PS. When I reply to my progress thread do I just hit the reply button and delete the quote or is there a way to just post a reply within the thread (sorry if it doesn't make sense)

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
So far progress is good, continuing to make my way through the course
I should probably study for the SAT a little bit more
Also thanks Edgar for the tidbit about taking a multi pronged approach.
PS. When I reply to my progress thread do I just hit the reply button and delete the quote or is there a way to just post a reply within the thread (sorry if it doesn't make sense)
To post a reply, just scroll down all the way to the bottom before the blue footer banner and you will see a text box for you to reply.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@Fox is awesome, web design is a good way for you to hustle and make some good money while in school. It feels great to charge a thousand bucks to build a website and spend 10 hours on it. So much better than working a job at your age.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Yeah sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks. Progress has slowed down as I had to spend more time studying for the SAT. Luckily the exam day is near so soon I'll be able to devote a lot more time on web design

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Wow its been almost a month. I finished the SAT last week. Right now I've almost finished the course. I am at the part where I need to learn how to code so I will be working my way towards it.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Finished HTML & CSS course. Gonna end it here for today and read. Tomorrow I'll make my way through the udemy course.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Currently about half way through the udemy course,this week went pretty good as I had Thurs until the end of this weekend almost completly to myself. And I almost forgot happy easter

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Currently about half way through the udemy course,this week went pretty good as I had Thurs until the end of this weekend almost completly to myself. And I almost forgot happy easter
Happy Easter :)

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Nearly done would have finished it earlier but my mom wanted me to go this event and it lasted almost the whole weekend (which is when I get to put most of my hours in). Once I finish I am again going to have to slow down cause of a exam upcoming May 12th (but it won't be as bad as the SAT so I should still be able to have some progress).

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Wrapped up both courses and I've to build my portfolio by offering free design in some local FB groups,looking at google maps for local business with bad or old sites, and I might start looking at some business networking groups either in person (which may be hard for me to get to as of now) or online.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Sorry I didn't post in a couple weeks. After I finished my exams I took a little break and came back, Currently lined up a portfollio client right now and am planning on wrapping up a site for him in 2 weeks from the coming Wednesday.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Sorry I didn't post in a couple weeks. After I finished my exams I took a little break and came back, Currently lined up a portfollio client right now and am planning on wrapping up a site for him in 2 weeks from the coming Wednesday.
Email the person a couple of times and it seems like they might have ghosted me. Which most likely my fault for not setting the project the correct way. I rushed into it without even getting sales call or a proposal because the person was a relatively close connection. Currently reaching out to some local businesses and brainstorming about any other businesses I could potentially work with.

radiximus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 23, 2022
Email the person a couple of times and it seems like they might have ghosted me. Which most likely my fault for not setting the project the correct way. I rushed into it without even getting sales call or a proposal because the person was a relatively close connection. Currently reaching out to some local businesses and brainstorming about any other businesses I could potentially work with.
can you send a link to the udemy course? or is it the one fox reccomended?

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Past 2 weeks I coldish called some business and got rejected and learned some webflow (not sure if Im going to be using this as my primary website solution). So far not much in terms of response. I checked out the call with Dan Bergano and I think my outreach approach was flawed so ill be revising that this week.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Hey man, I'm right here with you.

I'd recommend Oxygen builder instead of Webflow because webflow is just $$$ but worth it when you're in the big leagues.

But since you're taking fox's course it might be worth it just to stick with webflow if you can make it work. You'll need your clients to cover that extra cost at some point

I haven't learned much code yet.

Just make sure to tell everyone you know what you're doing so they might refer you, avoid being pushy however.

Also local business outreach is good. In person is best honestly

As long as you come with the approach of trying to add value and not being selfish you'll find someone who needs your help at the right time eventually and it can only snowball from there.

Keep it up

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Hey man, I'm right here with you.

I'd recommend Oxygen builder instead of Webflow because webflow is just $$$ but worth it when you're in the big leagues.

But since you're taking fox's course it might be worth it just to stick with webflow if you can make it work. You'll need your clients to cover that extra cost at some point

I haven't learned much code yet.

Just make sure to tell everyone you know what you're doing so they might refer you, avoid being pushy however.

Also local business outreach is good. In person is best honestly

As long as you come with the approach of trying to add value and not being selfish you'll find someone who needs your help at the right time eventually and it can only snowball from there.

Keep it up
Thanks Ill take a look into oxygen builder. I choose webflow mainly cause it was recommend by some successful web designers on YT but a common issue I saw was the price which was why I said I wasn't sure about it + I looked some of Robs old projects and for a lot of them he doesn't even use a web builder. Just takes a theme and edits it in Vscode. Yeah after cold calling I felt i wasn't conveying my value propsotion correctly. So in a couple of weeks (my family is going on vacation the coming week) I'll plan to walk into a couple of stores.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
If you're going the local business approach, just walk up to them.

Go in smiling and ask, "I was wondering if you guys needed a website for your business?"

No? Ok, thanks much! And walk out smiling. Unto the next person who'll need your services.

Yes? They'll then probably call the manager and they might even ask you for price and it'll snowball from there I believe.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Sorry I was gone for a month, I didn't want to post until I had something of interest to share but it's been so long I'll update it. After about 60ish cold calls,a few in person,and some fb posts. Still didn't even get my first client. I suspect as @Fox mentioned in one of his videos that you need trust,sales skills,and pitch. I think I have pitch down and sales to a good enough level for what im selling. The main thing I'm missing is trust. This kinda leaves me in a catch 22. I got kinda bummed out and started seeing what others were doing and found this which led me to sending some proposals on Craiglist which I am currently waiting on. My next steps
LinkedIn value outreach (request to send a loom,tips,mock up site,etc) {Kinda just to stall to see if I got any responses from the Craigslist post}
More cold calls by doing {nearby big city} business directory then just doing cold call: "Hey, I'm starting a web design business making websites. Looking to help a few businesses close to my area get great results for free which I think you would be suitable for. Could we set up a time to chat with you to see if you're interested and if I can actually help?" > Sales Call. I heard some stuff about automating it using tools like phantom bots to scrape google or d7leadfinder+ lemlist
Learn some basic SEO {as it seems like thats where the money is at} and ask my cousin if I can do SEO work for their pizza shop using SEMrush (quite pricy though)

Last edited:

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Good News @Edgar King! I got my first client at a local pool . Granted its a free project but they often have business owners sponser or come to the pool so hopefully it will lead to a good amount of referrals. Kinda funny to me that I was doing all these cold calls when I could have just posted a little message in my neighborhood FB group lol. I got 4 people asking for work from that a post that took me only a few seconds to write

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Good News @Edgar King! I got my first client at a local pool . Granted its a free project but they often have business owners sponser or come to the pool so hopefully it will lead to a good amount of referrals. Kinda funny to me that I was doing all these cold calls when I could have just posted a little message in my neighborhood FB group lol. I got 4 people asking for work from that a post that took me only a few seconds to write
LETTTSSS GOOOOOO!

Awesome. It might also help to ask for a referral and a video testimonial. Aim to charge for the next clients if you're confident you can make the sites and increase your rates down the line.

Yeah, it takes a while to realise the method of outreach doesn't really matter. There are about 6 variables I'd say you need to consider to make a sale...
1. Offer
2. Person in need
3. How you'll reach them
4. Payment
5. Fulfillement
6. Scale

Get those right and I'd say you'll be just fine.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
More good gumballs I suppose. From one of the cold calls I did earlier, I followed up and got a reply saying they were ready for me to do work and were wondering what the next step was. Basically what happened was he didn't see my emails until just now and thought I was planning ideas for his site. I also decided to work with one more person I got from the FB post for what I'm hoping is very simple project. The orginial site is competely in HTML so he justed needs a simple site with a simple way of managing content. Aka a wordpress theme. Shoutout to @themarkboogie from the Fox Legends Group for putting me on free elementor plugins on wordpress which is what I'll be using for now until I get larger demands/better paying clients.Costs are for hosting (4.99 for first year sale [otherwise 24.99] on siteground for unlimted sites or the 3 dollar one but you only get one site + a domain I just went on name cheap and got the cheapest one 2.98 idk why they make you get domains tbh). Also when paying for siteground I believe you have to pay per year so it cost me ~60 bucks so far but its been a good investment so far.

Last edited:

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
More good gumballs I suppose. From one of the cold calls I did earlier, I followed up and got a reply saying they were ready for me to do work and were wondering what the next step was.

Congrats on the 1st client, keep up the great work!

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
So I finished a site for one person and now I just need to figure how to get it on their hosting properly, been waiting for ages on the pool project that I got to give me content, waiting on content for the travel club project I took on. As for paid work the client that I talked about earlier from cold calls basically asked for a proposal (had a few hiccups with emails as he sometimes wouldn't respond and getting to know the context of what he was looking for). I sent him one for $500 (Low balling as I think this site will also provide lots of leverage). Somewhat odd to me, was the fact he needed a site for just displaying his works and actually didn't really care to much about getting clients via the web.
I also finished an SEO course.
On a sidenote I recently read seven figure agency roadmap by Josh Nelson and I will most likely change my strategy. I'm going to try to become proficient in PPC so I can start offering a online marketing package Web Design,SEO,PPC,and Social media mangement if needed for a specific niche. The package will build on itself basically the main offer will be the SEO+PPC but if they have not site and need social media management it will be added one. Once I become proficient in PPC and find a niche I should serve. I will start taking the action steps from the book.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Screenshot_20220825-075918_Capital_One.jpg
@Edgar King

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
I know its not that much but damn first money I've gotten that isn't a regular job. Yeah sorry I didn't post too much this month as I didn't have much too talk about. I finished the marthon running site but he is having trouble hosting and I've been trying to help him,the pool site decided they no longer wanted to work with me,and I am almost done with the travel club they just need to send me a few things. The guy earlier had asked to send a proposal but never read it so I tried following up on email for 3 weeks no reply. So then I tried calling him and within the same day he replied, I talked about what I proposed and then he said it ok and paid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.