The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] Getting rich (by helping others ;)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Hello!

I'm going to post here once a week and talk about my past week.

I thought this would be a good idea because it'd hold me accountable (in theory).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Tuesday, week 0

This week I won't really be able to focus on entrepreneurism because I have a piano performance coming up in roughly 2 weeks.
I'll try to squeeze in music composition though.
My (side-hustle) plan is to sell sheet music.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Tuesday, week 0

This week I won't really be able to focus on entrepreneurism because I have a piano performance coming up in roughly 2 weeks.
I'll try to squeeze in music composition though.
My (side-hustle) plan is to sell sheet music.
Hey there, its great to see you got somewhere to share your progress thread, kudos to that. By the way, when you say By helping others...how do you plan to do that?

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Hey there, its great to see you got somewhere to share your progress thread, kudos to that. By the way, when you say By helping others...how do you plan to do that?
Thank you!

First, I'll trap people in a hole. Then I'll offer them a ladder for 10 million bucks. That's how I'll help them!
Jokes aside: There are a few instruments that don't get as much attention as others. These often lack (new) music to play. If I composed stuff for them, I'd help them in that way!

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Monday, week 1 (and also Halloween)

So, the last week was kinda a$$. I managed to get my a$$ kinda up and once even spent 4 hours in school just doing music stuff...
But it was also kinda lonely and often needed to act outside of my comfort zone. I'm not talking about "going to the gym discomfort" but rather "I have debt I have to pay off" (I don't actually have debt, it's just a metaphor). I did a few things that made me not want to look in my own mirror reflection. And the worst part is that I'm not even at fault. And I know, the previous sentence might look like an excuse, but I am certain it's not. Others in my life think the same of my situation.
Generally, I f*cking hate my current circumstances (many FTEs/FTMs [what's the difference?]). I think the only decent thing about my past week (despite being a bit productive) was that I got out to eat dinner with my classmates. I don't really like to do things with my classmates but it actually felt nice. Talking of loneliness, I actually have a plan on how to fix that.
You see, I have a few people I can talk to (you guys as well, thank you!). It's just that something still lacks...
Perhaps it's the lack of people my age or physical contact? I haven't gotten a really nice hug in a month (and these hugs were from my other family which lives very far away...). So I thought to myself: "If I can't manage to find someone or something in my life, why not create it yourself?". I thought about the concept of lucid dreaming and thought: "what if I created my own character?". I could write much more about it, but that would take too much time.
So yeah, let's see how that goes, I have high hopes.
Also, I really have to pick up meditation again.

To my business: My idea is to write music for instruments that don't have much to play so I can earn a little bit of money.
I was able to practise composition a little bit (wrote 10 bars in the past days, I know it's not that much).
It's just that depression and my surrounding take hits at me, which affects my productivity.
Even if it's slow progress... I'm not going to give up.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Tuesday, week 1

This thread really only consists out of ranting huh?
I just had a tiring and kinda sad convo with a family member. My god, some of this shit was just really depressing.
And I feel like the worst part of it is the uncertainty. What if my family member is right and I'm just an ungrateful prick?
I'm skippi- I mean, I'm becoming very sick right now. I don't think I'll be able to attend school tomorrow.
Perhaps I'll feel better tomorrow?

baibai

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
Tuesday, week 1

This thread really only consists out of ranting huh?
I just had a tiring and kinda sad convo with a family member. My god, some of this shit was just really depressing.
And I feel like the worst part of it is the uncertainty. What if my family member is right and I'm just an ungrateful prick?
I'm skippi- I mean, I'm becoming very sick right now. I don't think I'll be able to attend school tomorrow.
Perhaps I'll feel better tomorrow?

baibai

All things come to pass and the pain we feel becomes a lesson. Not that the emotional pain isn’t real, just remember to try and take as much as you can from it from a third-person perspective. You probably know all this.

I used to pop on musescore whenever I needed fanmade sheet music. Often the selection is lacking and being a teenager means no money, so I had even less selection.

The need exists, but I’m not sure the money does now that I think about it. Maybe look for disgruntled searchers and do custom orders?

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
All things come to pass and the pain we feel becomes a lesson. Not that the emotional pain isn’t real, just remember to try and take as much as you can from it from a third-person perspective. You probably know all this.
Thank you for the heads up! It's just that such occurences (did I write this word correctly?) happen regularly, pretty much since Covid. It's slowing me a bit down.
I used to pop on musescore whenever I needed fanmade sheet music. Often the selection is lacking and being a teenager means no money, so I had even less selection.

The need exists, but I’m not sure the money does now that I think about it. Maybe look for disgruntled searchers and do custom orders?
Thanks for your input!
My plan was to actually create original compositions and somehow sell them (I'm not at that point yet, so I haven't been thinking about that too much). The (probably) best that could happen would be to get into a sheet music publishing house or smth. I'll also try to meet up with proffessors at Music Universities and show them my stuff (perhaps they could spread the word?).
To your idea of custom orders: I actually didn't think about that. That sounds not too bad tbh. Thank you!

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Friday, week 1

So I was kicked out of the room in which the grand piano is I am practising on. Some guy needs the room for theater stuff.
So basically, the room in which I was practising every friday, every week, was taken away. It will be occupied for at least the entirety of my current grade (which sucks).
Another FTM to add to my collection huh...
Gonna grab my sheet paper and start composing so I can get started at the end of the year...

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Sunday, week 1

A lot good news.
"If I can't manage to find someone or something in my life, why not create it yourself?". I thought about the concept of lucid dreaming and thought: "what if I created my own character?"
I actually had a Lucid dream tonight!! It was more of a lucid nightmare, but it's still super cool!
I'm getting somewhere.

/

Yesterday, I noticed something about work and productivity.
During a time a few months ago, I was meditating daily, twice, I was practising piano for 3 hours everyday (laser focus), I was reading books for hours (instead of watching youtube) and was insanely productive in other fields as well. I was playing piano at events regularly and still managed to get everything done (and even satisfy my piano teacher for once lmfao).

Now though, I already struggle with only one hour of practise.

Do you know why?

Because a few months ago I was practising mindfulness and didn't mess up my dopamine with instant gratification. Now I'm not anymore and daily scroll youtube for hours...

And I know, this probably isn't rocket science, but it just made really click with me yesterday...
I also feel like I already knew this once. Perhaps I just forgot it.

Anyways, I'm looking to do a dopamine detox in a bit. I'm just hoping that I won't get crushed from it, but instead thrive!

Things are looking promising...

To my side hustle/business: Like I said, I my dopamine receptors seem to be a bit fried right now. I did compose a bit music though and it's not looking bad.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
Sunday, week 1

A lot good news.

I actually had a Lucid dream tonight!! It was more of a lucid nightmare, but it's still super cool!
I'm getting somewhere.

/

Yesterday, I noticed something about work and productivity.
During a time a few months ago, I was meditating daily, twice, I was practising piano for 3 hours everyday (laser focus), I was reading books for hours (instead of watching youtube) and was insanely productive in other fields as well. I was playing piano at events regularly and still managed to get everything done (and even satisfy my piano teacher for once lmfao).

Now though, I already struggle with only one hour of practise.

Do you know why?

Because a few months ago I was practising mindfulness and didn't mess up my dopamine with instant gratification. Now I'm not anymore and daily scroll youtube for hours...

And I know, this probably isn't rocket science, but it just made really click with me yesterday...
I also feel like I already knew this once. Perhaps I just forgot it.

Anyways, I'm looking to do a dopamine detox in a bit. I'm just hoping that I won't get crushed from it, but instead thrive!

Things are looking promising...

To my side hustle/business: Like I said, I my dopamine receptors seem to be a bit fried right now. I did compose a bit music though and it's not looking bad.
You don’t need to completely cut dopamine out (unless you can’t manage just a little bit and go a full mile), that just sounds like a recipe for cycles of low dopamine and high dopamine, which also comes with the self-bullying during the high tide.

Maybe self-control would prove more helpful than trying to cut out something we crave on a biological level. Something MJ would say is violating true essence. Having the ability to just put down the phone after 10 - 15 minutes.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
You don’t need to completely cut dopamine out (unless you can’t manage just a little bit and go a full mile), that just sounds like a recipe for cycles of low dopamine and high dopamine, which also comes with the self-bullying during the high tide.

Maybe self-control would prove more helpful than trying to cut out something we crave on a biological level. Something MJ would say is violating true essence. Having the ability to just put down the phone after 10 - 15 minutes.
I am 100% sure that I need to cut certain things from my life. Or at the very least, limit them.
I once was at a point where I basically was living in monk mode (where there was pretty much no space for instant gratification), where I was actually insanely determined and very happy, and that's my evidence that it works for me.
If you have the abilty to always put your phone down after 10 minutes and have a 100% clear mind, then that's amazing.
It just doesn't really work with me.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Thursday, week 2

Dopamine Detox in work.

I started yesterday and I was already able to see improvements today.
I actually enjoyed practising Bach...
Right now though, I am struggling hard with concentration. I have to do Math homework (my least favourite subject) and then learn for a test tomorrow and it's sooo BORING. This update is more of a rant to be honest.
Whatever.. I'll just push through with it and go to bed then...
Today's pain will be tomorrow's fuel.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
Friday, week 1

So I was kicked out of the room in which the grand piano is I am practising on. Some guy needs the room for theater stuff.
So basically, the room in which I was practising every friday, every week, was taken away. It will be occupied for at least the entirety of my current grade (which sucks).
Another FTM to add to my collection huh...
Gonna grab my sheet paper and start composing so I can get started at the end of the year...
I just thought of something . If you’re good at piano maybe you could just ask an authority to help you keep practicing on it with your skills as justification. If you really need the grand piano that is.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I just thought of something . If you’re good at piano maybe you could just ask an authority to help you keep practicing on it with your skills as justification. If you really need the grand piano that is.
Hahaha, I don't think it's that urgent. It's annoying, yes, but I don't think it's worth it (after all, he has people visiting his course or whatever the F*ck he's doing in there). Thanks for the thought though!

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Sunday, week 2

Yesterday was pretty exhausting. Not in a physical way but a mental one. A big change happened yesterday as well so I guess I felt a bit startled. I kinda relapsed on the dopamine detox since I wasn't able to deal with the situation (it was more of a mental problem so I made up excuses).
Also, today I dreamt of taking cocaine... I never ever took drugs before and despise them. But in the dream, I had a bit of cocaine in a paper or something and tried to convince myself not to take it but I failed. I opened the paper and "accidentally" snort a bit of it. I quickly put it way and started feeling weird. But not in a good way.
I'm also starting to doubt my sheet music side hustle idea. Especially since it's taking a lot of time and I'm not spending a lot of time on it either. I was thinking of doing something that involves elbow grease as @Johnny boy once told me in a thread.
I just wasn't able to find anything yet that wouldn't take me 62,5 work hours a week to get 2.5k a month

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
What is your goal?
To get out of my current situation.
To get rid of depression.
To make and pursue music.
To get a loving partner.
To never ever again listen some stupid, docile authoritive figure.
To pay everything back to my parents.
To not have to resort to stuff I hate myself for (connected to reason 1).
To be proud of myself.

I think these are my main goals. Money solves a lot of them. Or to be more detailed, money is able to speed up the process/remove "slow-downers" of many goals. Some goals are only solvable through money, like reason/goal 1.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.