The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Part 1: Working on getting my 3rd paying customer

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

JayS5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 12, 2024
I read Fastlane last week, and I had already been building an app for a couple of months. Third iteration after a couple of failures.

The app went live yesterday and I got my first customer, and today I got my second.

Now comes the harder part, continuing to get more customers. I've been making posts on Facebook, on Reddit, on Twitter and honestly haven't had all that much luck beyond a few likes.

I have no clue how distribution works - the ones I do see working already have an audience, so perhaps that's my long term strategy? Not really sure what I'd be building an audience based on though. Trying to understand marketing a little better now so that's my current learning to do list.

It's not just about making money though, I actually want feedback from these early users - I'm charging them just $5 to try the app. I want to improve it and make it the best on the market.

I'll provide more updates as I go.

J

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jensen.satake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 8, 2024
I read Fastlane last week, and I had already been building an app for a couple of months. Third iteration after a couple of failures.

The app went live yesterday and I got my first customer, and today I got my second.

Now comes the harder part, continuing to get more customers. I've been making posts on Facebook, on Reddit, on Twitter and honestly haven't had all that much luck beyond a few likes.

I have no clue how distribution works - the ones I do see working already have an audience, so perhaps that's my long term strategy? Not really sure what I'd be building an audience based on though. Trying to understand marketing a little better now so that's my current learning to do list.

It's not just about making money though, I actually want feedback from these early users - I'm charging them just $5 to try the app. I want to improve it and make it the best on the market.

I'll provide more updates as I go.

J
What kind of app is it?

jensen.satake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 8, 2024
It's a language practice app, using stories, audio and voice recognition.

Nice to meet you Jensen! What kind of business do you run/work on?
I'm currently working on a car detailing business; what you are doing is very interesting. Would you like to chat and bounce ideas, maybe?

JayS5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 12, 2024
I'm currently working on a car detailing business; what you are doing is very interesting. Would you like to chat and bounce ideas, maybe?
Oh nice, how far along in the journey are you?

Yeah for sure, always keen for a chat!

fiola

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 17, 2017
Cluj Napoca
ge practice app, using stories, audio and voice recognition.
The main thing that you need to do is to define your target audience. What kind of content are they interested in? Where do they spend their time? Once you're clear on those 2 points you become very active in those places, and create the type of content that your audience enjoys

JayS5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 12, 2024
The main thing that you need to do is to define your target audience. What kind of content are they interested in? Where do they spend their time? Once you're clear on those 2 points you become very active in those places, and create the type of content that your audience enjoys
Thanks @fiola, I have to admit - I think I know my target audience but I'm not sure what kind of content they would be interested in. Would you recommend testing out different kinds of content and seeing what people engage with?

Secondly, would you go content or ads first (if at all)?

fiola

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 17, 2017
Cluj Napoca
Thanks @fiola, I have to admit - I think I know my target audience but I'm not sure what kind of content they would be interested in. Would you recommend testing out different kinds of content and seeing what people engage with?

Secondly, would you go content or ads first (if at all)?
I recommend reading a bit about copywriting. A good place to start is: scientific advertising claude hopkins
The problem is that the posts that people engage with are not necessarily the posts that sell, but you need to have an audience in order to sell to it.

I wouldn't spend money on ads until I have a few posts that generate clients

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.