• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Progress thread - Badcourses.com

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Logan Powell, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Sampath

Sampath Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $336

2. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,546
    Saltydroid [dot] info goes after gurus with a vengeance and humor to boot. He’s actually a lawyer.

3. Milkanic

Milkanic Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,904
    Roy23 and Jeff Noel like this.
  4. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,246
    Great idea.

Happy to take the Pepsi taste challenge with Fox Web School content in the future if you wish.

5. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,842
    I'd change the name to coursereview.com. But then I might think it's also for University courses or something when Googling.

Sebastya likes this.
  6. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,988
    Very high chances you'll be sued for libel.

7. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,567
    Only if he published "false" statements.

8. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,079
    My question, too.

9. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,079
    I like the idea, as it's one I've pondered, too. (great minds) However, monetization is a big question, as is content development. Seems that it would take a substantial amount of content to make this resource attractive to readers, and you'd also need a ton of traffic to monetize. Seems like a lot to bite off, which is why I haven't done it but is also why you might want to - high barrier to entry, that is.

pingu likes this.
  10. COSenior

COSenior Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,591
    I have a different question. On what criteria are you going to determine whether the course is 'bad' or not? Because it's expensive? Because it's expensive and there's identical free information if one digs hard enough? Because people don't get the results they want?

I can think of justifications for the first two suggestions I made, and for the last, I've been involved in private Facebook groups where many people complain they're not getting the results - but the question is, are they putting in the work? Type the name of almost any well-known 'guru' into your browser and add the word 'scam', and you'll get plenty of hits. Half are people who thought the course would do the work for them, and the other half are people who are doing reverse psychology and writing articles that review the course well and post their affiliate link. (Pardon the hyperbole - I haven't done any mathematical analysis.)

On the surface, it sounds like a great idea. However, there are some challenges you'll need the answers to, and I'd recommend researching the market before you take any more time or money building websites or buying domain names. And one thing I'd research if I were you is what makes a good course? Any halfway-decent marketer can drum up a name for himself and then trade on it to reveal his 'secrets', but how many are instructional design experts? How many can boast that a majority of their students achieve the results they desire? I'd wager you'll find more 'bad courses' than good ones, and yet some students will get what they need, while the others will just go to another guru, thinking there must be some secret they missed.

Think it through. And then more power to you!

11. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,003
    Wrong. They have to prove it's false to WIN a libel or slander suit. They can still drag you through court and cost you a fortune. You might win the case and get the judge to award legal costs, but you still had to spend lots of time and energy fighting it.

Bekit and Bearcorp like this.
  12. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,988
    Right, I didn't mean they don't have the stronger case, more that you better be ready for the hellstorm that is attack lawyers.

Bekit likes this.
  13. njsinko

njsinko Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $157
    I like this concept. I think encouraging users to submit their own reviews is the next logical step to boost the amount of content.

After all, I don't want one persons opinion - especially someone I have never heard of. I would like to see a number of reviews from a number of different real users.

Make sure you actually take all of the courses you are reviewing, but I do think you're onto something though.

GregDott likes this.
  14. Logan Powell

Logan Powell Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $287
    Thanks everyone on the feedback. I have a couple key take aways from this.

1) Rebranding in needed. Badcourses seems to be too narrowly focused and there are good courses that can be covered also
    2) Work on making the website less "written review" and more crowdsourced. I believe this will be better for me as well as the worst part of the site for me is writing the reviews haha.
    3) Figure out the legality of the website. This is interesting for me as well as I am Canadian but I could still be open to potential lawsuits.

404profound and GregDott like this.