The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] Sanctus Nutrition - Supplement Company (and first real entrepreneurial pursuit)

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
How's everything going... your first week since launch? Saw you had an online order (real or fake?). Could you manage to fix the image switch problem. It not only seem to appear on my iPhone, but on my laptop as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Sorry for going a little AWOL - over the past two weeks, I started a new "9-5" and traveled for orientation...oh, and I launched my product!

I fulfilled every order by hand. Was it a pain in the a$$? Yes. Was it completely surreal and worth it? Absolutely.

Each order contained:
  1. Product
  2. Free promotional "cool-it" towel
  3. Instructional card for use - this is somewhere I want to differentiate my brand and products. Other supplement companies squeeze directions into tiny font on the back of the label. I have this on my product (legally required and dumb not to include it), but also provide a card with detailed instructions on how to use the product and get the most from it. On the back side, there's a link to sign up for my affiliate program and earn $10 for each friend they refer.
  4. Promo card for 30% off their next order.
I'm at $998 in sales. I got a very nice boost Monday due to some launch posts on social media.

Next steps:
  1. Collect feedback from current customers.
  2. Develop relationships with local pharmacies and gyms
    1. As mentioned, I currently have two local pharmacies who have agreed to stock the product. My goal is to have them supplied and ready to go on Monday, August 21.
    2. I have three local Crossfit gyms who have agreed to try out the product and promote and/or sell to their members if the gym staff like it. Goal is to make these deliveries by August 22nd.
  3. Get actual product photos to replace the stock images currently on the website. My goal is to accomplish this by August 24th.
  4. Get promoted on social media by current customers.
  5. Get product samples into the hands of social media influencers. I need some help here and will be posting seeking this forum's feedback about it very soon.
For any Fastlane member who wants to try it out, use the coupon code "FASTLANE" for 20% off your first order - my way of saying thanks for all the great advice I've received here! Link to product.

Product pictures:
IMG_3492.JPG IMG_3493.JPG IMG_3494.JPG IMG_3495.JPG IMG_3496.JPG IMG_3497.JPG IMG_3498.JPG IMG_3499.JPG

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
That's some great execution out there! Keep on rollin' Have you agreed on a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) with the local pharmacies to avoid price battling on your product?

Yes. Luckily, I have a good relationship with the two pharmacists/pharmacies I'm working with to start, which will help me learn and adapt to the wholesale/retail process. I have a third prospect on the horizon as well!

Absolute Kudos on your progress, this is phenomenal and of course, I wish you continued support and success as you grow with it.

I know you mentioned that your target audience is 25 - 30 yrs old and you ran the FB ads along these lines, I saw you mentioned you are also looking at going a bit above the 30 yr bracket, did you have any chance to do a test ad for beyond that bracket so you can compare your responses better? (Not trying to jump the gun or anything, was just wondering.)

Oh and another huge factor, I know in your FB ads, you stressed the fact that your product is created by a pharmacist, which actually changes the game here, you weren't an individual seeking a better product who just happened to fall into a partnership with some pharmacist, you are THE pharmacist who were personally looking for something better and created a superb product, why isn't this mentioned anywhere on your homepage? Don't get me wrong, I read it on the "Our Story" page, but why isn't it one of the first things the public sees at the top being mentioned? Based on the superb caption you have - and I quote: ("We create premium sports supplements with zero artificial sweeteners, no food dyes, and no proprietary blends. You deserve healthy supplements, and we're committed to giving you the best on the market.") it would be nice if mentioned somewhere there, so people would get that fact from the get-go.

You mentioned that you are thinking of pushing it through the medical route than just the product route, it is definitely worth doing, as it adds genuinity to your product, thus creating a movement. I know there are a lot of Vegan and/or Organic Chefs who go this route, and they'd team up with Nutritionists etc., who back up their info with Scientific Evidence (you have a great two-in-one - since you do have the medical background [which I think you are playing-down a bit]) AND the solution, through your yearning, to create a better, cleaner, transparent product.

A lot of your friends and family tried the product and they absolutely experienced positive results, do you think any of them would feel cool submitting feedback that you can use as reviews? Any before/after photos? (Here is a dentist [I know, I know, I know, absolutely unrelated] who invented a non-surgical procedure to correct dental problems experienced by patients due to different issues, he's having huge conversions with his approach) *I am not advertising for, nor affiliated with this in no way, form or manner, just using as an example as a conversion page by a medical practitioner.*

You have a lot of great things going for you and this is a progress thread, so I trust that as you keep going, you're bringing in that excellence.

Super, Super, Super Kudos on your venture, man, this is great. Keep up the wonderful work.

1. I have not ran ads targeting the 30 - 35 crowd yet. Need to do it but I also want to refine my ads - can't decide if I should work on new pictures/new copy first, or try my old ads at a different audience. Thoughts?
  2. Great point and advice. The pharmacist story is a bit buried on the story page. Where would you suggest this appear on the home page?
  3. I have 8 reviews posted on the product page so far, all from friends who sampled the product before launch. No before/after pics yet but that is a fantastic idea.
Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it. Lots of good ideas here for me to execute on.

How's everything going... your first week since launch? Saw you had an online order (real or fake?). Could you manage to fix the image switch problem. It not only seem to appear on my iPhone, but on my laptop as well.

What's going on with images? Which page and which images are switching?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Sorry for going a little AWOL - over the past two weeks, I started a new "9-5" and traveled for orientation...oh, and I launched my product!

I fulfilled every order by hand. Was it a pain in the a$$? Yes. Was it completely surreal and worth it? Absolutely.

Each order contained:
  1. Product
  2. Free promotional "cool-it" towel
  3. Instructional card for use - this is somewhere I want to differentiate my brand and products. Other supplement companies squeeze directions into tiny font on the back of the label. I have this on my product (legally required and dumb not to include it), but also provide a card with detailed instructions on how to use the product and get the most from it. On the back side, there's a link to sign up for my affiliate program and earn $10 for each friend they refer.
  4. Promo card for 30% off their next order.
I'm at $998 in sales. I got a very nice boost Monday due to some launch posts on social media.

Next steps:
  1. Collect feedback from current customers.
  2. Develop relationships with local pharmacies and gyms
    1. As mentioned, I currently have two local pharmacies who have agreed to stock the product. My goal is to have them supplied and ready to go on Monday, August 21.
    2. I have three local Crossfit gyms who have agreed to try out the product and promote and/or sell to their members if the gym staff like it. Goal is to make these deliveries by August 22nd.
  3. Get actual product photos to replace the stock images currently on the website. My goal is to accomplish this by August 24th.
  4. Get promoted on social media by current customers.
  5. Get product samples into the hands of social media influencers. I need some help here and will be posting seeking this forum's feedback about it very soon.
For any Fastlane member who wants to try it out, use the coupon code "FASTLANE" for 20% off your first order - my way of saying thanks for all the great advice I've received here! Link to product.

Product pictures:
View attachment 15947 View attachment 15948 View attachment 15949 View attachment 15950 View attachment 15951 View attachment 15952 View attachment 15953 View attachment 15954

Incredible action so far! Rep ++

I agree with one of the comments above, don't hide the fact you're a pharmacist. In today's age of label transparency, having a genuine story like yours is a huge selling point.

You've also created a really great unboxing experience, I like it!

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Your image does not switch when say, I want to see image #2 or #3. I can only see image #1 in big size.

On your product page.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
  1. I have not ran ads targeting the 30 - 35 crowd yet. Need to do it but I also want to refine my ads - can't decide if I should work on new pictures/new copy first, or try my old ads at a different audience. Thoughts?
  2. Great point and advice. The pharmacist story is a bit buried on the story page. Where would you suggest this appear on the home page?
  3. I have 8 reviews posted on the product page so far, all from friends who sampled the product before launch. No before/after pics yet but that is a fantastic idea.

Hey, Love Love Love the progress you are making - hats off to you.

1. With regards to the feedback you have been receiving, in your assessing, you would be able to gauge the demographics that are making purchases, based on this, you can be able to target ads accordingly.

2. Is it possible to mention something very brief but impactful that would highlight your pharmaceutical background/input in this product? What you have stated in that area is ideal, I'm just thinking there should be a way to include your expert backing?!?! I'm thinking within the highlighted section on the home page.

Sanctus Nutrition.png

3. The product reviews are pretty cool, and indeed, it's great that you actually have reviews to start with, if possible to feature a couple reviews on the home page, that would also be great, like the example on MJ's landing page for Unscripted

Unscripted.png

As you know, your homepage is the ideal sales page for the product, and it provides credibility for the product, it's awesome you have many reviews already by friends, so you can do a feature of your top 3 or, you can do a slider like MJ has on the Unscripted website which offers a good few that sells the credibility of the book. - Just a suggestion.

So far, you're going well, and I know you are putting in 110%, keep going at it and well, you're at that great stage where you are listening to what your market is saying, therefore, you'll be able to make great adjustments as you go along.

Keep up the excellent work, wishing you ultimate success and growth as you go along this great journey, wonderful to check out your progress.

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Incredible action so far! Rep ++

I agree with one of the comments above, don't hide the fact you're a pharmacist. In today's age of label transparency, having a genuine story like yours is a huge selling point.

You've also created a really great unboxing experience, I like it!

Thank you! Is there any specific place on the site you would incorporate my pharmacist background/story?

Some thoughts of mine:
  1. Add section on home page
  2. Incorporate into ads
  3. Make a video detailing my background and company story

Your image does not switch when say, I want to see image #2 or #3. I can only see image #1 in big size.

On your product page.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I've submitted a ticket to Shopify Technical support and should have it resolved within a few days.

Hey, Love Love Love the progress you are making - hats off to you.

1. With regards to the feedback you have been receiving, in your assessing, you would be able to gauge the demographics that are making purchases, based on this, you can be able to target ads accordingly.

2. Is it possible to mention something very brief but impactful that would highlight your pharmaceutical background/input in this product? What you have stated in that area is ideal, I'm just thinking there should be a way to include your expert backing?!?! I'm thinking within the highlighted section on the home page.

View attachment 15957

3. The product reviews are pretty cool, and indeed, it's great that you actually have reviews to start with, if possible to feature a couple reviews on the home page, that would also be great, like the example on MJ's landing page for Unscripted

View attachment 15958

As you know, your homepage is the ideal sales page for the product, and it provides credibility for the product, it's awesome you have many reviews already by friends, so you can do a feature of your top 3 or, you can do a slider like MJ has on the Unscripted website which offers a good few that sells the credibility of the book. - Just a suggestion.

So far, you're going well, and I know you are putting in 110%, keep going at it and well, you're at that great stage where you are listening to what your market is saying, therefore, you'll be able to make great adjustments as you go along.

Keep up the excellent work, wishing you ultimate success and growth as you go along this great journey, wonderful to check out your progress.

Thanks for the feedback! I like the testimonial idea a lot. I'm going to work to have that incorporated by the end of the weekend.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
3. Make a video detailing my background and company story
Perfect way to incorporate your pharmaceutical background and indeed, the best way to sell your product via your genuine story. Place the video on your homepage and that will cover a lot of aspects selling your product, building your brand and adding your credibility.

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Week in Review: August 13 - 19 2017
  1. Product arrived. Orders fulfilled. Current sales just under $1K.
  2. Attempted another Reddit marketing campaign. Failed miserably.
    1. 55.9K impressions, 53 clicks. CTR 0.095%. Cost: $11.51
Plan for August 20 - 26 2017
  1. Today, I'm mailing free tubs to IG influencers for review. I have 11 tubs mailing out this AM. Collectively, the eleven have an IG reach of over 55,000. It feels weird sending out product for free, but having just ONE of them on board to promote my product could turn enough sales to recoup my "loss".
  2. Deliver product to local pharmacies and gyms.
  3. Brainstorm video and begin developing script.
    1. Story behind Focal Force
    2. Why I'm doing this; my background
    3. Why my product is better than others

Feedback welcome, as always!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Random thought. Can you do sample packets, like 1 serving in a paper sleeve?

Find local fitness competitions or shows and see if you can get into the gift bags.

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Random thought. Can you do sample packets, like 1 serving in a paper sleeve?

Find local fitness competitions or shows and see if you can get into the gift bags.

Yes, with a caveat - my samples aren't "professional" grade. The minimum order from my manufacturer for single-serving samples is 10K units which I can't afford. I bought a bunch of small containers, and my plan is to print a smaller label and stick it on there. See photo below. This is why I mailed whole units to potential influencers instead of samples - and it lets them try it for longer / utilizes reciprocity effect.

Thoughts?

That's only 5k per influencer. Seems kinda low. Did you intentionally only target this size? Or these just the ones who agreed?

This part has been tough. A LOT of fitness accounts with 5k+ followers are already sponsored. I'm seeing lots of accounts in the 1K - 2K range with sponsorships. The ones who aren't tend to be the ones who refuse to do it period. I've had to search hard via Ninja Outreach. Most of the ones I found never responded when I reached out. I wish the average count was higher but I'm working with what I've got.

So if anyone knows someone big in the fitness field, send them my way :clench:

Attachments

• IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 21

Rieper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 25, 2017
France
Hi. Great thread. Your execution is really inspiring. I wish you all the success you deserve. Rep +.

Just quickly checked your website and I kind of got confused at first on the About page. The text colors feel odd, maybe you should make the titles orange and the text black, instead of the opposite.

Also, have you thought about targeting the "casual lifters" ? By that, I mean those who just want to get healthy, not massive nor strong. Instead of advertising on how your supplement help strength gains, you would talk about how it improves health : heart pulse, blood flow, joint health etc. without the unhealthy ingredients of the mainstream supplements.
Maybe this market is worth exploring, as they would probably care more about the ingredients than bodybuilders and powerlifters.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
Yes, with a caveat - my samples aren't "professional" grade. The minimum order from my manufacturer for single-serving samples is 10K units which I can't afford. I bought a bunch of small containers, and my plan is to print a smaller label and stick it on there. See photo below. This is why I mailed whole units to potential influencers instead of samples - and it lets them try it for longer / utilizes reciprocity effect.

Thoughts?

This part has been tough. A LOT of fitness accounts with 5k+ followers are already sponsored. I'm seeing lots of accounts in the 1K - 2K range with sponsorships. The ones who aren't tend to be the ones who refuse to do it period. I've had to search hard via Ninja Outreach. Most of the ones I found never responded when I reached out. I wish the average count was higher but I'm working with what I've got.

So if anyone knows someone big in the fitness field, send them my way :clench:

I'm facing issues with finding a manufacturer for my supplement line. I'm currently doing this in house but it's a pain for scaling. What is the minimum order quantity your manufacturer is asking for your custom blend?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Hi. Great thread. Your execution is really inspiring. I wish you all the success you deserve. Rep +.

Just quickly checked your website and I kind of got confused at first on the About page. The text colors feel odd, maybe you should make the titles orange and the text black, instead of the opposite.

Also, have you thought about targeting the "casual lifters" ? By that, I mean those who just want to get healthy, not massive nor strong. Instead of advertising on how your supplement help strength gains, you would talk about how it improves health : heart pulse, blood flow, joint health etc. without the unhealthy ingredients of the mainstream supplements.
Maybe this market is worth exploring, as they would probably care more about the ingredients than bodybuilders and powerlifters.

Good call. Just changed all body font to black for each page.

Casual lifters are likely a better target for me vs. the more "hardcore" set. I'll work to incorporate this into my next advertising attempt - thanks for the insight!

I'm facing issues with finding a manufacturer for my supplement line. I'm currently doing this in house but it's a pain for scaling. What is the minimum order quantity your manufacturer is asking for your custom blend?

500 units is the lowest they'll go.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris

Thoughts?

Hi,
I read the whole thread and congrats on your progress. I'm also working on a health supplement product but I'm still far from where you are.

I guess you have an insurance for the products that comes directly from the manufacturer. But if you fill those small containers yourself, hands them to someone who has a problem and sues you, does your insurance covers it ?

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Hi,
I read the whole thread and congrats on your progress. I'm also working on a health supplement product but I'm still far from where you are.

I guess you have an insurance for the products that comes directly from the manufacturer. But if you fill those small containers yourself, hands them to someone who has a problem and sues you, does your insurance covers it ?

I'll be honest...the whole insurance thing is muddy water to me. I have an LLC and a lawyer on retainer but beyond that, I'm clueless. Sorry, I know that isn't very helpful.

Is this Beeketing thing on your website real-time? If that's the case, you're selling a lot by now!

It is! Although I'll admit, some of those "sales" are influencers I sent free product to. I register them as "sales" in Shopify but discount it 100%, as it still gets me a discount on shipping.

But - I did break the $1,000 mark last night! :praise:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago

This will work nicely in your promotional video, it will broaden your target audience to generally everyone who is looking to being healthy, whether by simply eating healthier and incorporating this into their regime for energy and additional health benefits etc.; athletes, who require the additional boost of strength prior to playing/competing in their sports and bodybuilders/powerlifters prior to their workout. - Just a thought. :)

Major congratulations on your journey thus far, you are definitely pushing this huge, and the great thing about it is that it is 100% healthy with no crazy, harmful or harsh ingredients. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
This will work nicely in your promotional video, it will broaden your target audience to generally everyone who is looking to being healthy, whether by simply eating healthier and incorporating this into their regime for energy and additional health benefits etc.; athletes, who require the additional boost of strength prior to playing/competing in their sports and bodybuilders/powerlifters prior to their workout. - Just a thought. :)

Major congratulations on your journey thus far, you are definitely pushing this huge, and the great thing about it is that it is 100% healthy with no crazy, harmful or harsh ingredients. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for your advice & input! I've got some airport downtime tomorrow & Sunday, I aim to use it to begin scripting/brainstorming the video.

Is it just me or is the testimonial pic for Stuart P. a female?

Yup - that's her name. Don't worry, I did a double-take when I first met her too. :playful:

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Yup - that's her name. Don't worry, I did a double-take when I first met her too. :playful:

Haha... how could her parents do it to her...

And congrats on the sales dude!

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Have you tried an angle highlighting the "fear factor" of dyes, etc. that your product does not have? Obviously you can't be too "scary" for Facebook, but:

1) Headline/video ad highlighting a major long term issue from consuming these ingredients which are in typical supplements --> key here is getting FB users to click the ad

2) Presale (landing page) of a *true* story of the problems you or someone else had from the ingredients that your products do not contain, and how you solved it with these supplements highlighting all *benefits*. Headline of this page should be congruent with step 1) above.

3) CTA on Presale linked to your product page with an exclusive first time order discount off shipping of XX% like someone else in this thread suggested. For "readers only".

link--> fitlife(DOT) tv/these-pre-workout-ingredients-could-be-poisoning-you-original/

"These dyes have been linked to everything from cancer to tumors to ADHD."

Maybe you already tried something like this

Last edited:

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Have you tried an angle highlighting the "fear factor" of dyes, etc. that your product does not have? Obviously you can't be too "scary" for Facebook, but:

1) Headline/video ad highlighting a major long term issue from consuming these ingredients which are in typical supplements --> key here is getting FB users to click the ad

2) Presale (landing page) of a *true* story of the problems you or someone else had from the ingredients that your products do not contain, and how you solved it with these supplements highlighting all *benefits*. Headline of this page should be congruent with step 1) above.

3) CTA on Presale linked to your product page with an exclusive first time order discount off shipping of XX% like someone else in this thread suggested. For "readers only".

link--> fitlife(DOT) tv/these-pre-workout-ingredients-could-be-poisoning-you-original/

"These dyes have been linked to everything from cancer to tumors to ADHD."

Maybe you already tried something like this

This is GOLD.

I started on a PDF highlighting concerns of dyes/colorings/artificial sweeteners, with plans of offering it for free in exchange for an email address. But I stalled on it around June and haven't touched it since. I think video is a MUCH better medium. Might have a steeper learning curve, but luckily my life should be slowing down this week and I'll have time to dig into it (along with the other video recommendations I've received in this thread).

I do plan on releasing the book chapters I've written as blog posts - they can also serve as the scripts for the videos, with minor edits.

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Two "scripts" I'm seeking feedback on:

Script #1 - "Story" Vid on Sanctus Nutrition. This is just me speaking about the company, why I founded it, etc. I've received feedback from this forum and from outside opinions that this is something I should create.

Why are you making this video? What do you aim to accomplish? Why should it exist?
  • To tell the story of Sanctus Nutrition.
  • To introduce myself and my background, and how that affects the company.
  • To explain why Sanctus Nutrition exists and what it contributes.
Intro
  • My name is Dr. Alex Brewer
  • I’m a pharmacist, and I wasn’t happy with the pre-workouts available on the market.
  • I knew other supplement companies were under-dosing their products.
  • I wanted to avoid harmful ingredients like artificial sweeteners and food colors.
Focal Force
  • What is it?
  • How did I choose the ingredients?
  • What sets it apart from other pre-workouts?
Main Point #1
  • Benefit: better workouts - more endurance - less soreness
Main Point #2
  • Benefit: increased mental focus
Main Point #3
  • Benefit: feel better - healthier body
    • Focal Force powers your workouts without harmful ingredients, because it is naturally flavored using ginger and monk fruit. It contains zero artificial sweeteners and zero food colors.
    • Low caffeine content means you don’t feel like a tweaking meth addict.
Summary/Conclusion
  • Focal Force gives you better workouts without harming your body
Call to Action
  • Check out Sanctus Nutrition to find more information on Focal Force.

Script #2 - Interview with friend - he is a fellow pharmacist and an USAW certified coach. He recently started a coaching business. We're working closely together to help each other out. Many people are unfamiliar with olympic lifting, so I want to have a discussion that allows him to introduce the subject and tell people what they can gain from it. This will be a recorded Skype discussion.

Outline
  • Introduction
    • Antonio Booker, PharmD, USAW Certified Coach, and CEO of Blackbird Barbell
  • Tell us how you got into weightlifting and, specifically, what made you pursue olympic weightlifting
  • What is olympic weightlifting?
    • Give an overview of olympic weightlifting
      • What is it?
      • What are common movements?
      • What is the end-goal? What are you looking to achieve by engaging in olympic weightlifting? (Size, strength, explosiveness, all of the above?)
    • Who should engage in olympic weightlifting? Who should NOT?
    • What is the most common myth you hear about olympic weightlifting?
    • If you could only do ONE olympic movement for the rest of your life, which would it be, and why?
  • USAW Certified Coach
    • Describe that certification to us.
    • Why did you decide to pursue USAW certification?
    • What is the certification process like? What did you have to “complete” or prove?
    • Why should someone train with a USAW coach?
  • Your clients
    • Who is your “typical” client?
    • Who is your youngest client? Your oldest client? (Don’t need details, just looking for an age range)
    • Is there a certain age where people should NOT engage in Olympic weightlifting?
    • What do you look for in a client? Do you ever turn applicants down?
    • Why should someone train with you?
  • Blackbird Barbell
    • What is Blackbird Barbell?
    • What encouraged you to start Blackbird Barbell?
    • What is your vision for Blackbird Barbell? Where do you see it 3 years from now?
  • General exercise & nutrition recs
    • What is your current weight and body fat % (estimates are fine)?
    • What do your lifting numbers look like? (bench/squat/deadlift, can also insert additional lifts like C&J, etc.)
    • What does your diet look like?
    • How do you juggle being a pharmacist who works 12-hour shifts, a coach and business owner, with eating healthy and training? What would you say to anyone listening to claims to be “too busy” to eat healthy and work out?
    • What supplements, if any, do you take and why?
  • Where can people find you?
    • Website? Instagram? Facebook?
    • If people are interested in your coaching services, where can they find out more?
  • Parting words
Let me know your thoughts! Are there certain subjects you would add or remove from these videos? How should I market them? How I do draw views to them? I'm really struggling to gain traction outside my friends/Facebook feed.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Two "scripts" I'm seeking feedback on:

Script #1 - "Story" Vid on Sanctus Nutrition. This is just me speaking about the company, why I founded it, etc. I've received feedback from this forum and from outside opinions that this is something I should create.

Why are you making this video? What do you aim to accomplish? Why should it exist?
  • To tell the story of Sanctus Nutrition.
  • To introduce myself and my background, and how that affects the company.
  • To explain why Sanctus Nutrition exists and what it contributes.
Intro
  • I’m a pharmacist, and I wasn’t happy with the pre-workouts available on the market.
  • I wanted to avoid harmful ingredients like artificial sweeteners and food colors.
Focal Force
  • What is it?
  • How did I choose the ingredients?
  • What sets it apart from other pre-workouts?
Main Point #1
  • Benefit: better workouts - more endurance - less soreness
Main Point #2
  • Benefit: increased mental focus
Main Point #3
    • Focal Force powers your workouts without harmful ingredients, because it is naturally flavored using ginger and monk fruit. It contains zero artificial sweeteners and zero food colors.
Summary/Conclusion
Call to Action

Script #2 - Interview with friend - he is a fellow pharmacist and an USAW certified coach. He recently started a coaching business. We're working closely together to help each other out. Many people are unfamiliar with olympic lifting, so I want to have a discussion that allows him to introduce the subject and tell people what they can gain from it. This will be a recorded Skype discussion.

Outline
  • Introduction
    • Antonio Booker, PharmD, USAW Certified Coach, and CEO of Blackbird Barbell
  • Tell us how you got into weightlifting and, specifically, what made you pursue olympic weightlifting
  • What is olympic weightlifting?
    • Give an overview of olympic weightlifting
      • What is it?
      • What are common movements?
      • What is the end-goal? What are you looking to achieve by engaging in olympic weightlifting? (Size, strength, explosiveness, all of the above?)
    • Who should engage in olympic weightlifting? Who should NOT?
    • What is the most common myth you hear about olympic weightlifting?
    • If you could only do ONE olympic movement for the rest of your life, which would it be, and why?
  • USAW Certified Coach
    • Describe that certification to us.
    • Why did you decide to pursue USAW certification?
    • What is the certification process like? What did you have to “complete” or prove?
    • Why should someone train with a USAW coach?
  • Your clients
    • Who is your “typical” client?
    • Who is your youngest client? Your oldest client? (Don’t need details, just looking for an age range)
    • Is there a certain age where people should NOT engage in Olympic weightlifting?
    • What do you look for in a client? Do you ever turn applicants down?
    • Why should someone train with you?
  • Blackbird Barbell
    • What is Blackbird Barbell?
    • What encouraged you to start Blackbird Barbell?
    • What is your vision for Blackbird Barbell? Where do you see it 3 years from now?
  • General exercise & nutrition recs
    • What is your current weight and body fat % (estimates are fine)?
    • What do your lifting numbers look like? (bench/squat/deadlift, can also insert additional lifts like C&J, etc.)
    • What does your diet look like?
    • How do you juggle being a pharmacist who works 12-hour shifts, a coach and business owner, with eating healthy and training? What would you say to anyone listening to claims to be “too busy” to eat healthy and work out?
    • What supplements, if any, do you take and why?
  • Where can people find you?
    • Website? Instagram? Facebook?
    • If people are interested in your coaching services, where can they find out more?
  • Parting words
Let me know your thoughts! Are there certain subjects you would add or remove from these videos? How should I market them? How I do draw views to them? I'm really struggling to gain traction outside my friends/Facebook feed.

Script #1 - "Story" Vid on Sanctus Nutrition.

In your intro, I think you should quickly mention the reason why you wanted to avoid sweeteners / colorings. Instead of thinking " Oh ok, Alex Brewer avoids sweeteners ", your audience will think " He's right, those coloring have nogood reason to be in a preworkout and might cause cancer ( or whatever your reasons to avoid those ingredients are )".

Maybe give a quick example on how big companies are under-dosing their products ( " Most companies only use xxx mg of Citruline when studies have shown that the best dosage is xxxx mg " )

Also I think your main point #3 is the most important because this is what differentiates Focal Force from others PWO on the market. From what I understand, points #1 and 2 are basically describing what a PWO is.

Are you targeting mostly people who are familiar with bodybuilding and fitness supplements ? If so, they might want to know why they should switch from their favorite PWO to your product.

Don't forget to say that even though your caffeine dosage is low, it is enough to feel something. IMO energy is one of the most important feature of a PWO.

Script #2 - Interview with friend

Where are you gonna post this video ? And what's the goal of doing this interview ?
Also, I think the title will be important. I never heard of Antonio Booker, so I want to know why I should listen to his interview. What will I learn ?

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Alex, congratulations on the progress. Awesome to see that you went through with the idea after the Incubator.
Will keep an eye on the thread (only just noticed it after being inactive for a bit).
- Jan

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
Script #1 - "Story" Vid on Sanctus Nutrition.

In your intro, I think you should quickly mention the reason why you wanted to avoid sweeteners / colorings. Instead of thinking " Oh ok, Alex Brewer avoids sweeteners ", your audience will think " He's right, those coloring have nogood reason to be in a preworkout and might cause cancer ( or whatever your reasons to avoid those ingredients are )".

Maybe give a quick example on how big companies are under-dosing their products ( " Most companies only use xxx mg of Citruline when studies have shown that the best dosage is xxxx mg " )

Also I think your main point #3 is the most important because this is what differentiates Focal Force from others PWO on the market. From what I understand, points #1 and 2 are basically describing what a PWO is.

Are you targeting mostly people who are familiar with bodybuilding and fitness supplements ? If so, they might want to know why they should switch from their favorite PWO to your product.

Don't forget to say that even though your caffeine dosage is low, it is enough to feel something. IMO energy is one of the most important feature of a PWO.

Script #2 - Interview with friend

Where are you gonna post this video ? And what's the goal of doing this interview ?
Also, I think the title will be important. I never heard of Antonio Booker, so I want to know why I should listen to his interview. What will I learn ?

Script #1 - ok, I'm moving point #3 up to #1. You're right, I'm spending a lot of time describing what a pre-workout is, rather than discussing why my product is the best one out there. I started with the intention of targeting people familiar with bodybuilding & supplements, but I've been making good progress with people who have never taken PWO before. I'm getting comments along the lines of "I always thought those were full of junk but yours seems legit".

How's this?

Intro
    • Example: using 2g citrulline when studies looked at doses of 6g - 8g

Main Point #1
  • Why to avoid artificial sweeteners and food dyes
  • Explain why they are harmful and totally unnecessary to include
    • They contribute literally nothing

Main Point #2

Main Point #3
  • Benefit: won’t affect your sleep or mess with your heart rate

Summary/Conclusion

Call to Action

Script #2 - he's a fellow pharmacist and a gym owner. He's competing in a regional fitness event this weekend, I really hope he places - would help add some cred to his interview ("he placed 1st at XX Regionals").

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
I think this makes more sense. People who already know about preworkouts will quickly understand why your product might be better. And I guess people who never heard of preworkouts before will understand what this is. Some of them might feel safer using your product as their first preworkout.

For the interview I think you should make it very clear that this is going to be about olympic lifting. Are you going to ask specific questions about preworkouts ?

Brewer07

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jun 24, 2017
Kentucky
I think this makes more sense. People who already know about preworkouts will quickly understand why your product might be better. And I guess people who never heard of preworkouts before will understand what this is. Some of them might feel safer using your product as their first preworkout.

For the interview I think you should make it very clear that this is going to be about olympic lifting. Are you going to ask specific questions about preworkouts ?

We didn't cover supplements very much. I didn't want to come across as if we were pushing my supplements - wanted to have a educational feel for the episode, and let people discover my website/products as they explore/look for more info.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.