The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[PROGRESS] A YouTube Channel Producing Evergreen Content

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
Hello Everyone!

I have decided to return to creating YouTube Videos again!
Again? WDYM?

Backstory:
I used to run a Gaming Channel back in 2012. Youtube back then was a lot more lenient, and you could become a partner easily.
I was a partner of Cursed - UnionForGamers.
Eventually, I stopped in 2016 as I lost passion for the craft.

Fortunately, I learned a lot from the whole experience such as Photoshop, Video Editing, Keywords.
I still use these skills today!

Fast forward 2023, I am currently an FT Software Engineer and fully work remote.
I have a lot of free time and currently have a SaaS that I am building at this point.

However, I wanted to have some creative outlet that I can free work on.
So, I thought about my skillset and decided to create evergreen content focused on the Tech Industry.
My current idea are topic focused coding tutorials.

What makes me stand out?
I am a Native English speaker, as you know many content coding tutorials aren't the greatest in verbal communication.
I am actively involved in the Industry. I understand the major concepts and code on a daily basis, so I understand the POV of novices that want to learn.

How will I know I won't give up on this?
Because I am passionate with programming and the tech industry in general.
The content that I plan on producing is one that people will use as a library for reference, rather than viral content.

Periodically, I will provide updates in this thread.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX

Currently in the progress of creating the channel banners/ avatars.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
I have finished up my banners and profile picture.

I understand that video creation back in 2012 is much more different than today.
So, I decided to get a few courses to study up on a more strategical approach.

I have recorded, edited and have the video ready to upload but wanted to get this workflow done right so will finish up the courses (about a day) and will apply what I've learned to the process.

The biggest takeaway are:
- Be consistent
- Focus on search based titles
- Avoid "Youtube" themed colors

My goal is to produce evergreen content rather than viral, even though the courses favor viral based.
Still sticking to that plan.

Cheers.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
An update been uploading some videos and discovered something interesting.

YouTube Shorts are more favored than long form in terms of views.
I noticed that the AI generally pushes the Shorts into User Feeds, so far have a 30% CTR.

Compared this to long form videos, they aren't even touched. I assume they are more reliant on Search Results. This would make more sense.

I did a lot of research to make sure each video is SEO optimized from the title down to the tags.

I'm honestly not discouraged by this as I enjoyed the whole process. Learned Adobe Premiere Pro as well and improved my editing skills. Before I would use Camtasia Studio, but the new software is more capable for editing down the line.

My Shorts are all just edited versions of my long form videos, so don't have to waste time creating content only for Shorts.
I am also sharing my Shorts on TikTok to test if that platform has any leverage.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
Some more updates, mostly from research and studying the art of YouTubing
"I know that sounds ridiculous but when I do things, I research deeply".

I've been steadily improving on my videos via edits and improving audio quality.
Based on what I've read, there is NO reason to give up until you've produced 100+ videos.
So that is my plan, don't give up!
Like I mentioned in the OP, the content that I'm approaching is meant to be more educational, rather than viral.

Some interesting takeaways:
1. If you are starting out, DO NOT share to external social media. The theory is that the YouTube Algo is tinkering on your fresh content, so external social media can throw it off.
2. Shorts get views but terrible for long term growth. What this means is that shorts attract people that don't enjoy long content, therefore shorts serve as ego boost.
3. Upload twice a week, daily is a bit too much, it's better to focus on quality vs quantity.
4. Titles and Thumbnails carry the most weight, ignore tags in description.

mrpj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 27, 2021
Looking forward to follow your journey and thanks for sharing tips. I'm starting on a similar path with youtube so your tips are very valuable!

I think it would be interesting if you also share your view/sub count on your updates so we can see how you progress.

hexelbyte

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 31, 2021
Houston, TX
Looking forward to follow your journey and thanks for sharing tips. I'm starting on a similar path with youtube so your tips are very valuable!

I think it would be interesting if you also share your view/sub count on your updates so we can see how you progress.
Welcome to the Forum!

Sure thing, at this stage I have 0 subscribers.
But my videos are ranked very high on YouTube for certain keywords.
Even though the video has 10 views, it's ranked #3 on the related search result up there with videos 10k+!

So in terms of SEO, it's very important to make sure Title, Thumbnail, Description are taken care of.
I use TubeBuddy and vidIQ to help stay on track (free versions).

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the Forum!

Sure thing, at this stage I have 0 subscribers.
But my videos are ranked very high on YouTube for certain keywords.
Even though the video has 10 views, it's ranked #3 on the related search result up there with videos 10k+!

So in terms of SEO, it's very important to make sure Title, Thumbnail, Description are taken care of.
I use TubeBuddy and vidIQ to help stay on track (free versions).
how's it going?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.