The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems detected & Solutions I made.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
I recently had some problems with my schedule
Basic schedule : 9-18 & 21-22 work on my business(Book about health & well-being in life, already read more than 2 thousand books, 2-10 times for each) + 13 hours of hard mma training per week. (interval training, average bpm 120)

Problem 1
Those almost pro level work out did too much damage on me. It restricted my ability to focus for sure. I felt that.
Solution 1
I`ve reduced it in to 8 hours per week. (3days during the week -4.5 hours, 2days in weekends. 3.5 hours)

Problem 2
There`s not enough time to work on my business + I got lazy a bit when I get back home after workout, too tired to focus on subject.
Solution 2
Changed my schedule. Now I added 9-22, two days in weekdays (when I don`t have a gym schedule)
*I`d gave up `blue light-sleeping` & 'have to eat proper organic meal` issues. I have no choice but indure those handicaps. I`ll take care of my breakfast, but other two, I have to make a compromise, even though I know those things are harmful.

Problem 3
Buying too much clothes. Wasting time on searching + wasting money on purchasing, what a waste it is.
Solution 3
I deeply understood that I`m wasting my money over nothing, and just rationalized it due to my hard working times, as a rewards or something.
So I made every possible refund and get rid of shopping apps right away. After finishing those refunds, I`ll delete those shopping accounts too.

Now
I`m focusing on my book more than ever, work on it for 62 hours a week. I finally reached to the point that I don`t give a f about everything else but my work. My goal is to help people those who want to enhance there life, with scientific facts I learned.
*I`ll maintain this pace until I could stretch it any further.

Wish everyone nothing but the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
536%
Apr 17, 2022
Maybe organic food is not necessary, but I would highly recommend avoiding eating any food that might make you sick, such as sugar and industrial seed oils. This might be detrimental to your work output.

Congratulations on your work ethic, it's really impressive. Stay strong!

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
Maybe organic food is not necessary, but I would highly recommend avoiding eating any food that might make you sick, such as sugar and industrial seed oils. This might be detrimental to your work output.

Congratulations on your work ethic, it's really impressive. Stay strong!
Thanks. I just finished today`s work and got home.(now it`s 23:00 here) You`re on right point about oils & sugar for sure. i never take a fried food for that reason, but sometimes take sugar contained foods, not often, but I have to solve that issue very soon.

I will stay strong, at all cost. Thanks, and hope you are doing well too.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
What kind of foods you would avoid eating? My diet isn't well defined. It's whatever.

I'm not going to use coffee or caffeine to stay focused. I have a negative connotation with it (correct me if I'm wrong). What foods you would recommend in a diet for improving focus?

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
What kind of foods you would avoid eating? My diet isn't well defined. It's whatever.

I'm not going to use coffee or caffeine to stay focused. I have a negative connotation with it (correct me if I'm wrong). What foods you would recommend in a diet for improving focus?

Protein/mineral rich ingredient, less processed as possible. + I always make sure to keep away from fried food, fast food, white noodles, etc.

good foods example - salad, grilled fish, simple fish soup, bibimbap, sort of types.

Try doing zero spend days. Some days spend nothing at all. Increase the number of days you do this.

Well my point was to reduce the unnecessary spend, not about buddhistic nonpossession. And basically no one can live modern form of life if he spends `nothing at all`. I don`t have a plan to take myself back in to primitive life form, so my answer is no.

* If you have a house, refrigerator with foods, electricity, gas, than `nothing at all` is not possible in first place. I like Thoreau`s walden as a inspiring book, but that`s it.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Well my point was to reduce the unnecessary spend, not about buddhistic nonpossession. And basically no one can live modern form of life if he spends `nothing at all`. I don`t have a plan to take myself back in to primitive life form, so my answer is no.
Thats not what a zero spend day is. Some of the days don't buy anything new. Doesn't mean you can't use the things you already have. For example if you already have coffee beans at home, have a coffee instead of going to starbucks that day. Wear your current clothes instead of buying new ones. Go for a walk around a park instead of going to a bar.

If you already have good quality stuff, you shouldn't have to constantly spend money.

You can still buy stuff but limit the amount of days of the week you spend money.

Even hobbies work with this example. You have a mountain bike, now you can go for a ride for free without spending any money. If you play video games and have the console and games already bought, you can play without spending any money etc.

The goal isn't to not have stuff, it is to have good quality stuff already so you don't have to constantly buy stuff.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
Thats not what a zero spend day is. Some of the days don't buy anything new. Doesn't mean you can't use the things you already have. For example if you already have coffee beans at home, have a coffee instead of going to starbucks that day. Wear your current clothes instead of buying new ones. Go for a walk around a park instead of going to a bar.

If you already have good quality stuff, you shouldn't have to constantly spend money.

You can still buy stuff but limit the amount of days of the week you spend money.

Even hobbies work with this example. You have a mountain bike, now you can go for a ride for free without spending any money. If you play video games and have the console and games already bought, you can play without spending any money etc.

The goal isn't to not have stuff, it is to have good quality stuff already so you don't have to constantly buy stuff.

I get it, you got a point. But than you should added more details on your words, isn`t it? You said Nothing at all, and that`s just a non-sense. And about zero-spend, actually, if you buy something in past but use it today, it`s a spend on that day. It`s like a damage you have to handle due to your past spend. Mortgage/car loan works in exact same way, and it lead you to sidewalk. It`s oviously better than keep damaging yourself with meaningless spend, but best way is just keep away from those damages in first place.
So, I agree with preventing buying new things is better than keep spending money over new things, but should say that It`s just a process to reach the point that you don`t have any left over things to spend. Of course I have several supplies to maintain my life, but I have nothing but necessary & useful.

I already minimized all the expences/spend, and that clothes problem(spend 100 dollars a month) was the last & only left problem for me. So that approach is not very effective in this case.

For someone still have to remove those things, zero spend program could be a good choise though.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
You said Nothing at all, and that`s just a non-sense. And about zero-spend, actually, if you buy something in past but use it today, it`s a spend on that day
The main advantages is that its teaching your brain to not think in a consumption oriented way, it stops over consumption. If you said "ah, you know what I told my self I wouldn't buy new clothes today" when you are at the mall, if you went back the next day you might realize "I don't even need it anymore".
A lot of purchases are not needed, they are impulses. By limiting shopping to a few days you limit the opportunity to impulse buy things.

JKm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Sep 13, 2022
The main advantages is that its teaching your brain to not think in a consumption oriented way, it stops over consumption.

It`s behavioral approach, and mine is cognitive approach, which is way effective. So behavioral correction won`t be needed in this case.

And by the fact of psychology & biology, that impulse control always make a breakdown incident due to allowed days. Turst me, it`s only a action faking, nothing more than that.

Check out how drug abuser quiet those powerful dopamine oriented chemicals. They don`t allow it at all, there`s no cheating or zero days.

Hope this info helps you. No need to notice me a behavirositic path ways any further. Wish you nothing but best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.