- Joined
- Jul 26, 2007
- Messages
- 2,215
Rep Bank
$1,830
$1,830
User Power: 23%
So many business models have changed dramatically due to the internet--except real estate. I mean, sure--there's Realtor.com, but it seems to me the whole foundation of how real estate is being transacted is due for a major overhaul.
Here is my frustration: I think the vast majority of Realtors are idiots--expensive idiots at that. There is no way to tell a good Realtor from a bad one, except for word of mouth--and then you have to take into account that most people don't know how to tell a good realtor from a bad one either, so who's to say what you are really getting until you are right in the middle of a transaction--ugh. The vast majority of Realtors unlock doors and fill out paperwork and make 3% of the sales price for doing so. This seems like such an antiquated way of doing business.
I would love to see some sort of yellow pages/yelp site for people to go to research their Realtor before they do business with them. I'd like to read reviews and see what type of transactions they've done. In addition, I'd love a site where I could post my needs, what I want to pay, and then have Realtors "bid" on my business (or where I could invite certain Realtors to bid on my business)...kinda like elance but for real estate. There would be so many different ways to monetize a site like this--title companies, home inspections, escrow companies, attorneys--and of course not to mention you could take a percentage of each transaction. Just a thought for someone.
Here is my frustration: I think the vast majority of Realtors are idiots--expensive idiots at that. There is no way to tell a good Realtor from a bad one, except for word of mouth--and then you have to take into account that most people don't know how to tell a good realtor from a bad one either, so who's to say what you are really getting until you are right in the middle of a transaction--ugh. The vast majority of Realtors unlock doors and fill out paperwork and make 3% of the sales price for doing so. This seems like such an antiquated way of doing business.
I would love to see some sort of yellow pages/yelp site for people to go to research their Realtor before they do business with them. I'd like to read reviews and see what type of transactions they've done. In addition, I'd love a site where I could post my needs, what I want to pay, and then have Realtors "bid" on my business (or where I could invite certain Realtors to bid on my business)...kinda like elance but for real estate. There would be so many different ways to monetize a site like this--title companies, home inspections, escrow companies, attorneys--and of course not to mention you could take a percentage of each transaction. Just a thought for someone.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
