The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Potential Dead Wieght Business Partner

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ryjohn829

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 20, 2020
Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
Me and my best friends started a project 3 days ago and I think it has a lot of potential. On the first day we both spent all day drawing it out and everything seamed fine. We have 3 weeks off of school so I figured this is the time to start. I’ve doesn’t the last 3 days learning about solar panels and creating new drawings while he just chases his tail and spits out ideas. He’s my best friend and I know he’s not trying to screw me but I can smell trouble. If I were to cut him off now would be the time. It would be very helpful if someone could share there experience or advice on this topic. He’s my best friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
After 3 days I doubt you need anyone.

When you get to the 'Who knows how to do...?' then get some help. May or may not be him.

Dan

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Me and my best friends started a project 3 days ago and I think it has a lot of potential. On the first day we both spent all day drawing it out and everything seamed fine. We have 3 weeks off of school so I figured this is the time to start. I’ve doesn’t the last 3 days learning about solar panels and creating new drawings while he just chases his tail and spits out ideas. He’s my best friend and I know he’s not trying to screw me but I can smell trouble. If I were to cut him off now would be the time. It would be very helpful if someone could share there experience or advice on this topic. He’s my best friend.

Generally starting partnership with best friends is a BAD idea..unless it is clear what each one brings to the table and what role each one is going to do, and the two of you have great communication. If that's the case, then it is actually a GREAT to have a good friend as business parter.

Is it clear what each one of you is going to do on the project?

Is it clear what your gifts and skills are, and what are his?

Can you openly communicate about the feeling you are having of the partnership/deal not working out based on the first few days?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Got a similar problem right here. Started a web project 2 months ago and it looks like my partner's goals isn't building a business but learning a new skill (he's a web dev). So he's like chilling it and not rushing it at all, which makes me kind of angry because I spent 10-12 hours a day on the other facets of the project.
I ended up studying ReactJS (as a non developer). The point is, it's clear that something is wrong. I just can't seem to find a fastlane partner in real life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.