The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Potential Dead Wieght Business Partner

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ryjohn829

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2020
Suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts
Me and my best friends started a project 3 days ago and I think it has a lot of potential. On the first day we both spent all day drawing it out and everything seamed fine. We have 3 weeks off of school so I figured this is the time to start. I’ve doesn’t the last 3 days learning about solar panels and creating new drawings while he just chases his tail and spits out ideas. He’s my best friend and I know he’s not trying to screw me but I can smell trouble. If I were to cut him off now would be the time. It would be very helpful if someone could share there experience or advice on this topic. He’s my best friend.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Stargazer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
After 3 days I doubt you need anyone.

When you get to the 'Who knows how to do...?' then get some help. May or may not be him.

Dan

Davidla

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Me and my best friends started a project 3 days ago and I think it has a lot of potential. On the first day we both spent all day drawing it out and everything seamed fine. We have 3 weeks off of school so I figured this is the time to start. I’ve doesn’t the last 3 days learning about solar panels and creating new drawings while he just chases his tail and spits out ideas. He’s my best friend and I know he’s not trying to screw me but I can smell trouble. If I were to cut him off now would be the time. It would be very helpful if someone could share there experience or advice on this topic. He’s my best friend.
Generally starting partnership with best friends is a BAD idea..unless it is clear what each one brings to the table and what role each one is going to do, and the two of you have great communication. If that's the case, then it is actually a GREAT to have a good friend as business parter.

Is it clear what each one of you is going to do on the project?

Is it clear what your gifts and skills are, and what are his?

Can you openly communicate about the feeling you are having of the partnership/deal not working out based on the first few days?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock