So, I own a software company that allows businesses to create intranets and other systems.
Obviously there is some sensitive data that can be hosted in these systems like company files, user accounts, user meta-data. I have a potential client asking about Errors and Omissions insurance, liability insurance.
I'm kind of winging this side of it, I've pitched to multiple companies, already have a big client, and no one has ever asked..
I always assumed I would be more the one taking the risk should a data breach occur (as unlikely as it is). I'm assuming they think it's a risk that we'd be worth nothing should they sue us?
How common does this come up, and is it typically a deal breaker?
Obviously there is some sensitive data that can be hosted in these systems like company files, user accounts, user meta-data. I have a potential client asking about Errors and Omissions insurance, liability insurance.
I'm kind of winging this side of it, I've pitched to multiple companies, already have a big client, and no one has ever asked..
I always assumed I would be more the one taking the risk should a data breach occur (as unlikely as it is). I'm assuming they think it's a risk that we'd be worth nothing should they sue us?
How common does this come up, and is it typically a deal breaker?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
