The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post Your Stock/Option Picks, What are You Trading?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some folks have asked that we create a stock/option trading thread, a thread where you can post any stock or equity trade that you think is a winner.

In the RANDOM CHAT thread, several mentioned Alibaba as a potential trade with high upside.

I'll start...

5 months ago I bought 100 contracts on the VNQ as an inflation hedge. Those options have already increased by 120%.

After I bought my house (also an inflation hedge) I started to sell out of the position. I still have 35 contracts left.

The VNQ chart...

1630698651368.png

At the moment, due to my move to a new state, I haven't been trading a lot, or trading options (my bread/butter) but I hope to get back into it once I get settled AND the market shakes out a bit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Sporting goods have been kicking a$$ for me. DKS, BGFV, HIBB, VSTO

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Sporting goods have been kicking a$$ for me

I did pretty well with ASO. Bought the stock and some calls. The calls *looked* expensive but they were cheap.

I have scaled back my trading as I think this market is due for a correction. I just don’t see a whole lot of upside. I’m keeping an eye on Banks and growth stocks.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have scaled back my trading as I think this market is due for a correction. I just don’t see a whole lot of upside. I’m keeping an eye on Banks and growth stocks.

Truth is, I've been saying this for 4 years. But the inflationary undercurrent is a tough tide to reverse.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Truth is, I've been saying this for 4 years

We have been saying this on this forum for 7 years. Nah, it can’t go any higher no way.

:rofl:

But the inflationary undercurrent is a tough tide to reverse.

True that. There’s just no where to put your money. But I think a correction will be needed to go higher. It will be an opportunity to buy as it’s easier to time a bottom than to time a top. If the correlations between growth stocks and interest rates start acting funny we will see a VIX spike. IMO

D

Deleted70138

Coca cola brand is so well established, that even foreign minister of china is using it as an allegory during press conferences.

Masses making terrible dietary decisions, is a safe bet. I would never buy a stock of a company selling kale juice.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How's TSM looking for you guys considering the chip shortage, rapid developments in AI and its competition with Intel? I love dividend stocks and it looks like a possible nice long-term dividend growth pick.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
How's TSM looking for you guys considering the chip shortage, rapid developments in AI and its competition with Intel? I love dividend stocks and it looks like a possible nice long-term dividend growth pick.
Seems like a lot of geopolitical risk ATM.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Seems like a lot of geopolitical risk ATM.

True, though I find it hard to imagine Taiwan ever surrendering to China. They may compete with them but Taiwan still seems like a safer bet for the Western companies. Unless China tells the Western world to stop buying stuff from Taiwan lol.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
Here is my options trade tracker - a spreadsheet. There you can see all my currently open trades, tickers I trade, strategies, premiums, and results. And I also post my weekly results in a thread here in this forum with a link to my blog where I post details. If interested, please, visit the blog, and the spreadsheet, and let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help and explain what I do. The results are... well, great. Up over 300% for the year so far. I have been trading for 15 years (options) and it was a painful learning curve to trade successfully.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Bears might actually have a chance here with this market if previous support levels can’t hold. Big open interest on those Oct 20 VIX 50 calls.

We touched all time highs and the spot VIX was unable to make an all time low. Despite already making a low of 14. Shouldn’t we be at 12? Also why haven’t smart money removed their expensive portfolio insurance?

Would be a good time to pickup some quality stocks if we see a correction here.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Here are a few I've been eyeing lately. I'm not investing a lot in the stock market at this moment because of the inflated prices, keeping more cash position waiting for a potential adjustment on the market:
  • Alibaba is huge but highly controversial at the moment. I've invsted in it at around $150 last week, while its future is uncertain a business making so many billions and in such a dominant position China it's worth more than $150 a stock.
  • Facebook is investing a very huge chunk of its resources in VR (and their whole metaverse ecosystem.) There is a very high-chance that it's going to dominate the virtual reality world which most of us are not seeing right now as adoption is there yet, but it's going to likely be part of everyday life.
  • The HUT Group. Solid company built by a "fastlane-oriented" founder (which company that was originally bootstrapped and got bit isn't) and now owning some of the biggest brands in beauty and sports nutrition in Europe.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm not investing a lot in the stock market at this moment because of the inflated prices

The funny thing is we can see a correction of 20% and prices would still be inflated LOL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The funny thing is we can see a correction of 20% and prices would still be inflated LOL.

My kneejerk on this was to agree. But "inflated" relative to what? Insane housing prices? Rising wages? Rising costs? Maybe prices aren't inflated, but we haven't adjusted to the "new normal".

rshinvest

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 18, 2020
My kneejerk on this was to agree. But "inflated" relative to what? Insane housing prices? Rising wages? Rising costs? Maybe prices aren't inflated, but we haven't adjusted to the "new normal".
Hello MJ,

As an avid stock trader for about 8 years, "inflated" is a term that is used by so called "pundits." The stock market market is not snapshot of the economy. There was a time pundits would say prices were too high when the Dow was at 20,000. The reason the Dow is high is because companies are growing, revenue is up, new companies are being listed etc. However the emotional traders will listen to the news and sell during panics ex.. Evergrande fiasco or the 2009 financial crisis. As long as you research, use technical analysis or a combination of both and with the a proper placed stop loss, you will be fine. I hope this helps with your trading and puts the stock market in a new view.

As per my stock choice, I bought 400 shares of DVN. With my own analysis and research after recent correction I have been holding the stock for 3 months and I am up 50%

Last edited:

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
The stock market always follows earnings.

So, what is the earnings per share for the entire market?

Currently, $205 per share.
The earnings estimate for next year is $223 per share. With a current market multiple of 21, that means the S&P 500 should be $4,683 in 2022...

So what is it inflated to then? It is not inflated to earnings. This pullback is just a slight adjustment to where we should be and we are not inflated at all; what is inflated though is multiple, thanks to the FED easy money, if they stop it, and even raise rates, the multiple will go back down to an average of 16 and then the stock market would crash to $3,568 or 17% from where it is today. And even with that crash, we will be right where we should be.

Unless companies start issuing their reduced guidances and outlooks and economists start revising their earnings estimates, the market is priced perfectly to where it should be. And the revisions haven't happened yet. In fact, 103 companies out of the 500 already issued positive earnings outlooks for Q3.

So, unless FED changes their policy (and let's answer ourselves a question: will they ever do it? I don't think so, they are too scared to do it and let the market go down 20%. When the market blips, they reverse their policy and pour more money into it), some economic game-changer impacts corporate earnings (even Biden's horrible tax proposal will not derail it), I do not see any bubble or stock market inflation. We are oscillating around its intrinsic value. Only people who do not know how to calculate the intrinsic value of the market see bubbles everywhere... but those bubbles may just be farthing in the bathtub...

oh, and to add (as I had some nit-pickers before), these corrections and pullbacks as we had in September, are typical market noise - an artificially created fear. It has been happening and it will be happening in the future. But that doesn't change the fundamental narrative of the market. You just need to watch for when it does change or in other words watch for the narrative to change first, then watch how the market follows and you react. When in the last month we started selling off, people freaking out and predicting the end of the world, falling sky, all I needed to do is to look at the market fundamentals, did they change? No. Thus it is all BS and noise. It will pass.

Last edited:

Zardiw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
Palm Springs, Peoples DemoKratiK RepubliK of Kalif
$BMXI is a Profitable Gold Mining Company.

First of all, their Book Value is .73 currently.....and she's trading around .05 ....that's insanely undervalued.

They have 2 projects in Indonesia that produced $2M NET revenues last quarter.

Also, they've acquired a property in Canada that will be producing later this year.

And another one in Alaska that is also under development and will be producing soon.

Company Website: Gold Mining Canada, Alaska | Brookmountgold

Assets/Liabs: BMXIAssLiab.jpghttps://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/6/drvdqBMXIAssLiab.jpg

Revenues: BMXIReves.jpg

Manado Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/utoueBMXIIManado.jpg

Talawaan Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/dxfskBMXITalawaan.jpg

MooseHorn Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/krrrnBMXIMooseHornNew.jpg

New Alaska Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/6/uqdafBMXIAlaska.jpg

Z

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Some folks have asked that we create a stock/option trading thread, a thread where you can post any stock or equity trade that you think is a winner.

In the RANDOM CHAT thread, several mentioned Alibaba as a potential trade with high upside.

I'll start...

5 months ago I bought 100 contracts on the VNQ as an inflation hedge. Those options have already increased by 120%.

After I bought my house (also an inflation hedge) I started to sell out of the position. I still have 35 contracts left.

The VNQ chart...

View attachment 39741

At the moment, due to my move to a new state, I haven't been trading a lot, or trading options (my bread/butter) but I hope to get back into it once I get settled AND the market shakes out a bit.
Not a stock pick I have to offer but what is the bottom indicator you are using? I'd like to research it.
////////////////////

Potential Winner (IMO for Swing if I held): Back in June I bought in on AMZN directly after the split and while I overall took a loss due to the big dip it had - swinging some calls on some of the waves would have been really clean.

Edit: Using Daily Chart

1659800362872.png

Zardiw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
$BMXI is a Profitable Gold Mining Company.

First of all, their Book Value is .73 currently.....and she's trading around .05 ....that's insanely undervalued.

They have 2 projects in Indonesia that produced $2M NET revenues last quarter.

Also, they've acquired a property in Canada that will be producing later this year.

And another one in Alaska that is also under development and will be producing soon.

Company Website: Gold Mining Canada, Alaska | Brookmountgold

Assets/Liabs: View attachment 44622https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/6/drvdqBMXIAssLiab.jpg

Revenues: View attachment 44623

Manado Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/utoueBMXIIManado.jpg

Talawaan Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/dxfskBMXITalawaan.jpg

MooseHorn Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/2/krrrnBMXIMooseHornNew.jpg

New Alaska Gold Project: https://investorshub.advfn.com/uimage/uploads/2022/8/6/uqdafBMXIAlaska.jpg

Z
BTW....I Very Rarely give out any stock picks. Almost never in fact, cause too many times they go the other way than I think.

But every once in awhile a 'No-Brainer' comes along.

A 'No-Brainer' is a stock where there is No decision as to whether or not to buy. When you come across one of these, your only thought is 'I'm getting as much of this as I can....as Soon as I can'.

Some No-Brainers from my past are JBII (Now $PTOI) which ran from .20 to $7 from Sept 2009 to Dec 2009. They were doing waste plastic to fuel. CEO was a certified Genius. There were some operational problems with the process....and the end result was it never actually made it........but the stock price sure did for a time.

Another one more currently is $TPII - They've got an ECell that should by all accounts replace Lithium Batteries. They just got an order for 100 of their GenSets from SynCrude, a major oil company in Canada, fwiw. It's a longer term hold at present, but eventually they should do very well. I actually bought one of their Solar Powered Golf Cars over a year ago, and it's still running strong. Have never even plugged it in...lol

And then we have the current one, $BMXI. A profitable gold mining company trading at 1/24 her Book Value...lol. I think the deal here is she just fell through the cracks, and that's why the stock price is so F*cking low...lol. I can find no other reason.

Been trading stocks for over 40 years, so I almost know what I'm doing...lol.

Anyway, I suggest you check her out.......got a feeling she's gonna blow the F*ck up....lol

Z

Zardiw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
BTW....I Very Rarely give out any stock picks. Almost never in fact, cause too many times they go the other way than I think.

But every once in awhile a 'No-Brainer' comes along.

A 'No-Brainer' is a stock where there is No decision as to whether or not to buy. When you come across one of these, your only thought is 'I'm getting as much of this as I can....as Soon as I can'.

Some No-Brainers from my past are JBII (Now $PTOI) which ran from .20 to $7 from Sept 2009 to Dec 2009. They were doing waste plastic to fuel. CEO was a certified Genius. There were some operational problems with the process....and the end result was it never actually made it........but the stock price sure did for a time.

Another one more currently is $TPII - They've got an ECell that should by all accounts replace Lithium Batteries. They just got an order for 100 of their GenSets from SynCrude, a major oil company in Canada, fwiw. It's a longer term hold at present, but eventually they should do very well. I actually bought one of their Solar Powered Golf Cars over a year ago, and it's still running strong. Have never even plugged it in...lol

And then we have the current one, $BMXI. A profitable gold mining company trading at 1/24 her Book Value...lol. I think the deal here is she just fell through the cracks, and that's why the stock price is so F*cking low...lol. I can find no other reason.

Been trading stocks for over 40 years, so I almost know what I'm doing...lol.

Anyway, I suggest you check her out.......got a feeling she's gonna blow the F*ck up....lol

Z
FWIW........ $BMXI now at .10 .........and going higher......... ZBMXIAssLiab.jpg

Zardiw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
$BMXI continues the march to her Book Value: .73.
Currently at .17
240% Gain so far from original post on Aug 6.
Wall Street Journal puts the EPS at .46 ....when was the last time you saw a stock trading Below the EPS?.....lol.....not to mention below the Book Value..
BMXI | Brookmount Explorations Inc. Annual Income Statement - WSJ

I realize this is a penny stock.......and probably way below anybody here's standards...lol.

But all things start small.........even Amazon, Google, Microsoft....etc etc.

This is a profitable ($2M Net Profit last Q) Gold Mining company....and the way they've diluted the $, the day is coming when Gold will make a major upwards move. And it will take $BMXI with it.

Also, the company is growing with new projects in Canada and Alaska.

They only deal with producing.....or near production projects.

PS. Their CEO has indicated they are putting priority on uplisting to the NYSE MKT exchange.
Currently getting everything PCAOB Audited.
Expecting completion of that in 2 months on the outside.

Anyway....here's the latest chart:
BMXI - Brookmount Explorations Inc.

BMXIChart.jpg

Zardiw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
$BMXI continues the march to her Book Value: .73.
Currently at .17
240% Gain so far from original post on Aug 6.
Wall Street Journal puts the EPS at .46 ....when was the last time you saw a stock trading Below the EPS?.....lol.....not to mention below the Book Value..
BMXI | Brookmount Explorations Inc. Annual Income Statement - WSJ

I realize this is a penny stock.......and probably way below anybody here's standards...lol.

But all things start small.........even Amazon, Google, Microsoft....etc etc.

This is a profitable ($2M Net Profit last Q) Gold Mining company....and the way they've diluted the $, the day is coming when Gold will make a major upwards move. And it will take $BMXI with it.

Also, the company is growing with new projects in Canada and Alaska.

They only deal with producing.....or near production projects.

PS. Their CEO has indicated they are putting priority on uplisting to the NYSE MKT exchange.
Currently getting everything PCAOB Audited.
Expecting completion of that in 2 months on the outside.

Anyway....here's the latest chart:
BMXI - Brookmount Explorations Inc.

View attachment 44750
BTW.....there's a Forum on IHub (a Million members) that has all the DD pretty much condensed.....and a bunch of guys talking about her: Brookmount Exploration Inc (BMXI): I've been posting about $BMXI on You...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.