The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
For a project at school I attached a doorbell to a remote so you push the doorbell button which you could put on your tv and the remote would ring.
Yes! This is a really elegant and simple solution. This is an example of something that has been done before - thinking of those Apple tags you can attach to items then find them using your phone, but they are overkill for this purpose, and unnecessarily expensive along with all the creepy Apple are watching you issues. The tech to do this must exist, as in the door bells, and be relatively inexpensive. It would just need to be repackaged into a friendly design and marketed as, 'Never loose your remote again'.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
American Alibaba, connecting domestic product designers and domestic manufacturers with zero need for China.

Entrepreneurs could submit RFQs to nothing but “made in the USA” factories and vendors.

Why this doesn’t exist is a wonder to me.

I have no idea how to build a two sided marketplace or the time to learn, otherwise I would have done it already.

Love this idea however I think it already exists, I remember seeing something like this a few years ago, however the name escapes me.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Love this idea however I think it already exists, I remember seeing something like this a few years ago, however the name escapes me.
Thomasnet? Or is there one with the real UI like Baba has?

There is huge potential here, and I know the ins and outs really well, plus some value skew to incorporate another (potentially bigger) market... Just need a technical partner... ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Create some kind of mountable horn that you can attach to the back of your car where you can wirelessly activate it to tell those that are following too closely behind you to go piss off.
If it’s a shiny new car turn your windshield washers on, it will back spray on the tailgater getting their car wet with windshield solvent.

:hilarious:

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
If it’s a shiny new car turn your windshield washers on, it will back spray on the tailgater getting their car wet with windshield solvent.

:hilarious:
Or a latch opening, releasing crow's feet

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
I played with the idea of reviewing recruiters' job advertisements. Often, the job advertisements, especially in IT, contain a lot of errors. Also, I would tell them what I read between the lines, indicating a stressful, unpleasant working environment with toxic co-workers.

I also thought of giving them training at their office to write better advertisements.

I had approached a few, but I think they were not really interested as it is more or less telling them they are not doing a good job.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
Hi Hanabi Thank you for your reply. I was not suggesting that cosmetics that contained the chemicals referred to should not be made or sold, nor did I suggest that warnings should be included on cosmetics labels. Rather, I was expressing my opinion that I would not apply to my skin any product containing those hazardous materials.
Ah, I see. When I read your post, I thought it could be alarming to some readers, perhaps causing them to research more about cosmetics and the industry on the internet. Unfortunately depending on how a person types about the topic (or any topic really), the search results would present info slanting to what the person would want to see or be more likely to believe, as opposed to the actual truth. My intention was to shed some light on how the industry actually works, so potential readers won't think we are out to harm them.
I have no intention of arguing
2 Timothy 2:23-24 :smile2:
I think I need only point out that long term nicotine patches are widely used to administer small amounts of nicotine through the skin in order to gradually wean the addict off smoking.
You and I have valid perspectives on this. With the majority of drugs being administered orally and through needles as opposed topically like the nicotine patches, I see it as evidence the overall skin being extremely barrier proof. About 10-95% of ingredients in patches fully passes into a person's skin, so it really uniquely depends on how resilient a person's skin barrier is.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
I don't know anything about cosmetics, but this reply was an amazing example of how to disagree with someone while showing the utmost courtesy and respect for their opinion. Nice job Hanabi :thumbsup:
My parents raised me to act like a lady:rofl:. Seriously though, if more people in the world were respectful and courteous, this world would be a better place to live for everyone! Social media would be a better experience including this forum. I can't say some of the men on this forum are gentlemen:eyes::smuggy:.
Thanks @Walter Hay, that's encouraging. They're all ideas I've vaguely thought about but are probably ambitious for where I'm at right now (I've never started anything business-like).
I agree with Mr Walter. These ideas are good! When I've had a few ideas to choose from, I analyzed which of them fit the CENTS commandments best. For the ones that fit CENTS, I'd consider which ones fit even more, which ones required least capital, and which ones had enough of my interest to fully be committed to it long term.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
My parents raised me to act like a lady:rofl:. Seriously though, if more people in the world were respectful and courteous, this world would be a better place to live for everyone! Social media would be a better experience including this forum. I can't say some of the men on this forum are gentlemen
Yes I think we share a similar outlook . Thanks for your quote 2 Timothy 2:23-24. Like many places in the Bible it contains sound advice for a peacable and helpful life.

Walter

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
whisk device to stir separated natural peanut butter better than a fork to not make such a mess and actually mix it well so there isn't dry peanut butter stuck at the bottom of the jar (try and sell it in grocery stores next to the peanut butter) or a peanut butter with a larger jar with "room to mix" the natural peanut butter to add value
I had this exact same idea years ago because of the same problems with natural peanut butter. Unfortunately, I never did anything with it and now I buy my natural peanut butter in sealed plastic bags, so the separation is not so bad.

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
Create some kind of mountable horn that you can attach to the back of your car where you can wirelessly activate it to tell those that are following too closely behind you to go piss off.
I used to have a CB radio. Mine didn't have it but some came with a PA function. You could just turn the loudspeaker around I suppose.

I've long had the idea of a programmable LED sign board that can be mounted in your back window so that you could push a button to send a message like "BACK OFF!". Both ideas would probably instigate road rage though and made illegal.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
In-flight shopping: Where the items you ordered in-flight will be bagged and ready for you at a pick-up station when you land.

-No more annoying trips to the store right after you land to purchase items you couldn't bring on the plane or you just forgot.
-Example: Flying to Hawaii? Order sunscreen, flip flops, maybe you forgot contact lenses cleaner? Beach towels?
Land, pickup your items, get into your rental car, and GO.
-Utilize the time in the air to optimize your trip when you land.
-This could be app based via Phone. Form partnerships with airlines to link to the aircraft's inflight Wifi network.
-Perhaps form partnership with an airport vendor like Duty Free stores for ground operations.
-Place feature on bag that can attach/clip on to your roll-away luggage

Rafael Gervásio

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2020
Not quite the answer you are looking for,
but it occurred to me today an initial way to try to come up with good ideas
(perhaps revolutionary).
It is answering the following question:
What can I do to solve something that seems difficult,
or even impossible to do?

Let me give you an example:
1) Learn a new language in 1 week.

2) Fix a flat tire, without having to change it for the spare tire.

3) Remember where I left my car keys, wallet, credit card, etc.
That's a great idea!

It's problem solving based approach

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I had this exact same idea years ago because of the same problems with natural peanut butter. Unfortunately, I never did anything with it and now I buy my natural peanut butter in sealed plastic bags, so the separation is not so bad.
As for not executing, I hear you. It’s like how MJs books emphasize how ideas are useless if not executed. Thanks for the rec, I’m going to look into those bags instead of jars. Also I actually found some peanut butter jar mixing devices on Amazon that have sold quite a few with good reviews so that’s a sign there’s a market if someone made a similar one with value skews https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VY3LSLC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
As for not executing, I hear you. It’s like how MJs books emphasize how ideas are useless if not executed. Thanks for the rec, I’m going to look into those bags instead of jars. Also I actually found some peanut butter jar mixing devices on Amazon that have sold quite a few with good reviews so that’s a sign there’s a market if someone made a similar one with value skews https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VY3LSLC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
Thanks for the link. That's a pretty simple device. I was actually thinking of something powered, like one of those hand blenders. It would have to operate at a slower speed of course and have a tool like that one to do the mixing.

As for the bags of peanut butter, they're made locally here in Thailand. I've never seen them in the states and I was looking for peanut butter when I was there last November. That may be a value skew right there.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
I'm an active seller on Amazon. I find one of the most time consuming things I do is search wholesale databases for new suppliers to use. To be specific I am looking for a reliable way to pick up Thomas and Friends Wooden Toy. There's a really specific set I'm looking for, I have signed up for several distributors just to find they stock Thomas and Friends but not the set I'm looking for. I know there's one big name that uses a search function to search a distributors catalogue but you have to have a lot of information for them before it starts. So, how about a database that generates leads based on a specific set of criteria to help put a prospective buyer in touch with a wholesale distributor that offers the exact thing they are looking for. Taking it a step further a database that can compare the price from competing distributors.

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
I'm an active seller on Amazon. I find one of the most time consuming things I do is search wholesale databases for new suppliers to use. To be specific I am looking for a reliable way to pick up Thomas and Friends Wooden Toy. There's a really specific set I'm looking for, I have signed up for several distributors just to find they stock Thomas and Friends but not the set I'm looking for. I know there's one big name that uses a search function to search a distributors catalogue but you have to have a lot of information for them before it starts. So, how about a database that generates leads based on a specific set of criteria to help put a prospective buyer in touch with a wholesale distributor that offers the exact thing they are looking for. Taking it a step further a database that can compare the price from competing distributors.
Interesting idea but in your situation, is it not possible to go direct to the manufacturer? Or do they only sell to wholesale distributors?

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
Interesting idea but in your situation, is it not possible to go direct to the manufacturer? Or do they only sell to wholesale distributors?
In my situation it requires a distributor. Unless you're a big name with a lot of buying power you're not going to buy direct from the manufacturer.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
I like it too.

Normally a print on demand card wouldn’t work because people want to hand write in them and it wouldn’t seem personal to send one from a print on demand company.

But for this there’s no way to hand write in it so it wouldn’t matter that it’s not handwritten. The person receiving it will be so ecstatic to receive it.

I haven’t looked into it but I hope this exists, it would be sad for blind people if it didn’t.
My wife has an Etsy greeting card business (Ink Drop Design). I'll have to pitch the idea to her and get her take. Even greeting cards that were regular + braille could maybe be a thing that appeals to family that has a blind member.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
I want a website that can convert eBook PDFs into dark mode (changing background into black grey and texts into white color) Is there any you know? Or you can build? & It should be easy like just upload and in one click get a dark version of pdf downloaded.
My Adobe Acrobat Reader (on android) has that feature.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
Yup :)) Couldn’t believe this.

Tech based textile that changes colour. You’ll become a billionaire in a matter of weeks once you have it working ;):rofl:
Speaking of Hypercolor (I had one of those shirts) I always though someone needed to invent the "hyper-diaper", which has something that changes color on the outside when it's wet on the inside.

Giallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 6, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Door to door cleaning shoes.

I hate dirty shoes and many people don´t care about it, just for the reason that last thing they want to do at the evening is to clean their shoes. And usually it´s necessary thing to do every day.
Yes. Building on this, cleaning and restoring sneakers is a service that I'm having a hard time to find. Only big and modern cities offer this kind of niche service. I have some beloved pairs that I would pay serious money for.

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
Yes. Building on this, cleaning and restoring sneakers is a service that I'm having a hard time to find. Only big and modern cities offer this kind of niche service. I have some beloved pairs that I would pay serious money for.
Fascinating. There's a store just opened near me that does exactly that service. I'd wondered what the market was and how they find enough customers to make it worthwhile. Happy to say it looks like I was wrong.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

A website and database of For Sale By Owner real estate transactions and historic prices, to completely eliminate the need for agents and brokers and the MLS.

That would be incredible!!!!

edit: I would MUCH rather pay a few thousand to an attorney to make sure all the legal stuff is correct rather than a whopping % to a realtor whether they do a good job or not

Last edited by a moderator:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
invent the "hyper-diaper", which has something that changes color on the outside when it's wet on the inside.
omg that’s actually cool.
Turns out it’s already there. Better execution could grab some of the pie.

As for the tshirts, I meant actually color changing not heat induced/ water based. Tap of a button on your phone - change - color type of t shirt

Shonit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Feb 23, 2016
A friend of mine and I came up with a sound-isolated jar. You scream in it, and nobody will hear you. I think it's unironically an ok idea, but I don't know if it's doable, lol. We also gave it a name: "Yell Coffer". You're welcome if you become a millionaire by making this. Send me one.
It Is totally not impossible. Scientists have just created a sound black hole. Sound cannot escape the medium once it enters it just like light cannot escape real blackholes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.