The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Njogu Martin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2020
Kenya
I think more customized service/product solutions across industrustries will be the future. I notice consumers are looking for more customization. Examples:
1.) Clothing Industry
A tailoring business that works with with retail brands (Gap, Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, and etc.) and department stores (Saks Fifth Ave., Nordstrom, Dilliard's, and etc.) in an onsite and online capacity. Also, working with uniform, like scrub uniform, stores are good too.
A styling service that helps customers find clothes that are flattering to their body shapes and heights and pick flattering colors for them.
2.) Cosmetics Industry
A service that will help customers find flattering makeup colors. A strong understanding of personal color analysis, such as cool skin tones and warm skin tones, and color theory is needed.

Next category is the overlooked consumer groups in the makeup industry. I know most of the forum members are men and probably wouldn't care, but the cosmetics industry grows every year and it is a recession proof industry.
1.) Complexion products for extremely pale, olive, and black people. Makeup brands keep putting the same shades for light to medium skin tones on the market. Olive skin tones are especially overlooked.
2.) Color makeup for cool skin tones. Too much makeup on the market are for warm skin tones.

Next category is sustainable packaging for all different types of cosmetic products, makeup, skincare, shampoos, conditioners, shaving creams, soaps, body washes, and additional hygiene products. Consumers are demanding cosmetic brands to have more sustainable packaging for products. The issue is that indie brands have a hard time securing contracts with sustainable packaging manufacturers because there aren't many; and if they find one, they are already in contracts with conglomerates that would prevent them from working with other brands. Also if an entrepreneur can invent an even more sustainable packaging than what's available and expand offering the packaging to other industries for scale, I think they will be financially successful. A strong understanding of chemistry and environmental science is needed.
Have been in the soaps and detergents industries. I make and package myself then do sales Scalability is possible but it has been a challenge. How do you deals with companies that started earlier to atleast share a equitable part of the available market

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Based on the lack of "great pizza" in major city centers, perhaps this is an opportunity.

One place is listed in Phoenix and the place is always jammed packed. I went there a few years ago and honestly, didn't think the pizza was that spectacular. Yes it was good, but worth a 2 hour wait? Not sure, but that isn't the point.

How hard is it to create and bake gourmet pizza?

Organic, fresh ingredients. Fresh homemade dough, and the right type of water + a fired oven.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Based on the lack of "great pizza" in major city centers, perhaps this is an opportunity.

One place is listed in Phoenix and the place is always jammed packed. I went there a few years ago and honestly, didn't think the pizza was that spectacular. Yes it was good, but worth a 2 hour wait? Not sure, but that isn't the point.

Organic, fresh ingredients. Fresh homemade dough, and the right type of water + a fired oven.

Complete conjecture with no factual backing but:

I don't think the west coast has very good pizza in many cities.

Which is weird because the east coast is packed with good places.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DarkZero

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 29, 2013
Complete conjecture with no factual backing but:

I don't think the west coast has very good pizza in many cities.

Which is weird because the east coast is packed with good places.
And to add to that, only parts of the east coast have good places. The southeast is littered with overrated spots.

I agree with the idea of quality pizza. I have a property in rural Tennessee where good pizza is tough to come by. The 3 chains are there as well as a smaller local chain. None of them are good. There is one "artisan" style pizza that is decent. They are the best of the bunch, but still not great. And the pizza is inconsistent. But people flock to this spot because it's the "lesser of 2 evils". Oh and the rest of the food is abysmal. I thought I had high standards being originally from the northeast, but the rest of my family (including in-laws) are not, and they agree with the sentiment.

Most of rural America and small towns are missing good pizza, not to mention metro cities where much of the pizza is overrated. Someone could create one stand-out establishment, and open a chain of these in a specific region and dominate.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
Idea: Rent a native speaker from US lol

I don't have any gaming buddy to talk cause I don't play anything. It would be cool to talk to native non-teacher speaker. Native US teacher in poland earns from $ 11 up to $ 22 for one hour of lesson so the "rent" schould be sligtlhy abowe the US minimal wage to make it resonable for the business and the students. Something around $ 8- $ 9 would be fine.

The main reason for me to want to learn fluent english is to be able to makes a youtube videos for worldwide audience and to be able to communicate with others poeple around the world without any stuttering barriers hah

I know it is possible to talk with others on omegle but I will need patience to find any interesing guy out there. The major key for renting could be booking on specific hour so I don't need to wait for someone.

If sombody execute that idea just give me a small discount haha
Just thinking out loud hah

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland

Wasn't that restaurant productacracy listed in Unscripted a Pizza Place? Here in Oregon oh man the biggest need I've ever seen for GOOD pizza is on our Oregon Coastline.

The pizza places here don't accept debit/credit cards (scared of fraud), the pizzas are absurdly expensive $30-$40 for one pizza when the quality is horrible. I'm convinced a normal Domino's out there would make a killing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wasn't that restaurant productacracy listed in Unscripted a Pizza Place?

Yup, they were recently sold though to a new company so I'm not sure if it is still as good. Also they have no vegan options, so I haven't been there in years.

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I want a website that can convert eBook PDFs into dark mode (changing background into black grey and texts into white color) Is there any you know? Or you can build? & It should be easy like just upload and in one click get a dark version of pdf downloaded.
Technically that wouldn't be too hard, as long as the PDF was created correctly, ie the text is selectable. Often times authors create it as an image for each page, so that would make it more difficult

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
So the local axe throwing business closed down and I was talking about it with the missus.

Why not just do a mobile axe throwing business for parties.

People want to throw axes but maybe only once and maybe only with a group so why not just forgo all the overheads and staffing and take it to parties and events.

Not fastlane unless you somehow franchised it but man what a hustle. Buy a couple of axes and make some kind of safe portable fence and target setup and you’re in business.
I lOVE the idea, but I reckon the insurance premiums might get a bit much.:playful:

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I used to have a CB radio. Mine didn't have it but some came with a PA function. You could just turn the loudspeaker around I suppose.

I've long had the idea of a programmable LED sign board that can be mounted in your back window so that you could push a button to send a message like "BACK OFF!". Both ideas would probably instigate road rage though and made illegal.
make the LED sign linked to a distance measuring sensor and it comes on automatically. It could even have varying messages as thew tailgater got closer

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I would love to have a data website for buying vehicles. What year tends to last longest without maintenance, what year does certain parts seem to go out, etc.

Would help making tons of buying used vehicle decisions
not hard to do, but a LOT of data needed to make it useful

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I have always thought of buying a plot of land and create some sort of primitive camping spot (while I still don't know what to do with it) depending on how big it is. It's probably not a very lucrative business as it would probably be dead during winter season, but the maintenance would be so minimal. The land over at NE Washington is pretty cheap with wildlife ranging from gray wolves to grizzlies and black bears. Ah, nature.
and of course, you could live onsite as a caretaker and all your costs become tax deductible too?!

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Another problem that I found from an off grid living book,

¨In the average home, more than 50 percent of the electricity used to power electronics is consumed while the devices are turned off! In the United States alone, phantom load costs consumers more than $3 billion a year and adds up to the output of several full-size power plants.¨

Phantom load is an issue but not sure how companies will respond to this.
One idea I would implement when building a home, would be to have separate circuits. Some a powered full time, for fridges and freezers etc - some would 'live' only during certain periods. SO devices never need to be shut off, the power points and some smart electrics in the house take care of everything.

I found this out the hard way when starting a new job. Each cubicle had red and black power outlets, no one told me that the red ones were powered down after 6 pm. Guess where the laptop was plugged in to charge overnight! silly me

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
And to add to that, only parts of the east coast have good places. The southeast is littered with overrated spots.

I agree with the idea of quality pizza. I have a property in rural Tennessee where good pizza is tough to come by. The 3 chains are there as well as a smaller local chain. None of them are good. There is one "artisan" style pizza that is decent. They are the best of the bunch, but still not great. And the pizza is inconsistent. But people flock to this spot because it's the "lesser of 2 evils". Oh and the rest of the food is abysmal. I thought I had high standards being originally from the northeast, but the rest of my family (including in-laws) are not, and they agree with the sentiment.

Most of rural America and small towns are missing good pizza, not to mention metro cities where much of the pizza is overrated. Someone could create one stand-out establishment, and open a chain of these in a specific region and dominate.
Where I live, there is a small general store about 15km out of the nearby main city centre. It's a small village BUT the pizza is awesome and the fuel is cheaper than the in town. Great Friday night out with my son and his mates

gyofaceoff

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 9, 2022
An app that lets users rate the cleanliness of public restrooms in real time like a combination of waze and yelp.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2022

wiktorg5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 7, 2022
Gdańsk, Poland
My idea is to make an app that would send you an email with a summary of websites, forums, blogs, news apps or even YouTube channels that you follow. It could be just an email with titles and links to them so you will know what happened everywhere you follow. In the case of blogs and news apps, it could make a summary of the text.
You will get this email every morning and be ready to go.
What do you think, would you use something like that?

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
My idea is to make an app that would send you an email with a summary of websites, forums, blogs, news apps or even YouTube channels that you follow. It could be just an email with titles and links to them so you will know what happened everywhere you follow. In the case of blogs and news apps, it could make a summary of the text.
You will get this email every morning and be ready to go.
What do you think, would you use something like that?
Outlook sorta does this within outlook. I like it in that scenario, not sure how much I click on the content but I do browse it. So maybe a larger outside application would be cool

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
There is such thing in Las Vigas
I have a worn out old piano. I will sell it to anyone wanting to start a piano smashing business.

Walter

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So I have a thesis and prediction on what the next big social media platform will be.

I have no desire to start the next big social platform so here you guys go :rofl:please remember me when you are a billionaire

Inflection points:
BeReal is catching on.

As I understand it, it randomly notifies you during the day and you have 2 minutes to post a picture of what you are doing.

This less curated, real style of social media is really becoming popular. Instagram posts are the same with the younger generation, no filters or edits, deliberately ugly lo fi photos.

Snapchat is popular. And the content is like this but you don’t have a feed, only stories.

Instagram stories are popular.

Film and disposable cameras are becoming popular again too.

I saw an app today for an app you can have at your wedding. It’s basically a disposable camera app for your guests. Each person gets to snap 10 pictures.

Now for the social platform idea:

- you can only snap the pictures from within the app
- you can only snap a picture every 3 minutes
- none or very basic built in editing only
- no captions
- possibly no delete button

Basically it’s like combining lo fi content, be real, stories, into a platform that basically has a feed that looks like your camera roll.

A platform where you can just snap pictures and add them to your feed and not care how good they look.

A platform people can go on and actually see what their friends are doing and are into without seeing a bunch of highly polished content.

Not exactly revolutionary but this for real could catch on

I honestly think if there’s going to be a next big social platform this is what it will look like

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
here I go!

1. AR cooking app. An app thats like diner dash, but you’d have real skillets and it would show a fake version of whatever food you want to cook in that skillet, and it would gamify simple basics of maintaining heat, which oils, fats to add not to burn the thing. And you can move the phone away from the skillet but the cook time would continue and if you move the phone back to the skillet after 4 minutes, the food would have cooked accordingly. This could be as fun for kids as it would be useful training for aspiring chefs who dont know why their scrambled eggs end up dry.

2. A hot rock diffuser product. Just a cool looking diffuser with a stone that is hot and above it would have some water with essential oil and it would drip on the rock and create a stony earthy smell. Probably already exists but hey.

3. Smart shelves organizing service. -

multiple products here. shelves that are integrated with a tagging/sorting/organization system using qr codes, nfc tags, etc. Im sure big warehouses do this but scale it down.
For example: A mechanic that might have a wall of different type bolts with different thread sizes would have QR codes next to each and every bin that links to an ordering portal for that exact bolt so you don’t have to search it every time, you see its getting low, scan code, order more, boom. And the business model could aid in setting all that up.
or Just your garage shelf could be instantly transformed with qr code stickers, pop them on, scan the toilet paper barcode with your smart phone, link the purchase portal and boom,

this is a convenience business and could also be argued that it is a safety business, systems building business

Last edited:

adl75

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 13, 2022
great ideas...!!

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
Went to the pharmacy yesterday to buy some medication. I don't how it is where you live but In France, some drug you can buy without a prescription, but for others you can't.
Problem is, when you go to the pharmacy there are people waiting to buy prescription drugs and people waiting to buy over the counter in the same waiting lines. And the checkout process to buy prescription drugs is longer than for buying over the counter.
Yesterday, I spent 20 minutes waiting when I could have been out in 2 minutes max.
Solutions :
- The pharmacy could dedicate a waiting line for over the counter drugs
- You could design a self checkout stand for over the counter drugs with built-in questions in order to help the customer choose the best option for what he came for
- You could build an uber-like click-and-collect service on which people answer questions to pick the most suitable product and the pharmacy could then package your order for you to come pick it up. Or have it delivered.

Also went to a fair last night, with rides and everything.
I know this is isn't the case in the US, but in France the food served at fairs in always subpar if not mediocre.
I bought a hot dog and it wasn't anything close to a real hot dog. It was half a baguette with a hole inside and the sausage slid in it. Just ketchup and mayo. Bought a granita and no real fruits inside.
Same at a fireworks this summer. There was only 1 churros stand with an enormous waiting line, and the churros were very expensive, unexceptional and the choice of toppings was limited.
Solution :
Start a foodstand for fairs and outdoor events serving the usual fair snacks and treats but with a premium twist :
- Fresh, local ingredients
- Real fruits, no sweeteners or artificial flavors
- Large choice of toppings
- Whatever the hell the competition is not doing regarding quality

The last example makes me think of a real example from where I live. It's a very tourist area.
There's a very successful ice cream chain here, and my former boss knew the owner.
The ice-cream guy told my former boss his "secret" : everyone sells ice-cream with 20 % of fruit in it, but we make it with 45 % (percentage is off, but it was something like that).
Of course, there are other ingredients to his success: location, branding, supply chain, etc...
But this example always stuck with me.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Ice baths

I’ve just turned a chest freezer into an ice bath for well under $1000, took a bit of time and it’s not the most stylish result, but it works amazingly

People are selling barrels and other stupid things for over $1000, and you have to buy ice and fill it up every time you want to use it??? Like wtf it doesn’t even have a cooling function it’s literally just an empty barrel for $1000

Others are selling proper ice baths that keep the water cold for $5-10k

Why is there not something that’s based on a freezer design for under $2k

Seems like a massive discrepancy

Very doable, this would be a really good business, it would just take a lot of cash

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
You know the ID badges that are needed to enter offices in the corporate world? Those that are used to open doors, etc. Those usually have plastic holders, so you can append it on things.

Those are made of plastic, as everything. I believe plastic waste is one of the biggest ESG problems that we face. So the idea is to make those out of wood. They would be more expensive and less durable of course, but I believe there are big corporations that would bite as part of their ESG goals. Last time I checked there is not really anything similar. Maybe for a reason.....

Main problems with the idea:
- I've seen badges that are made in a way that no plastic case is needed.
- With home office there is a chance that this is a shrinking pie
- With technology advancement there is chance that in the future these will be replaced by smartphones/fingerprint readers
- once you design it and start making money a lot of competition will jump on as it has low entry barrier

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.