The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Podcasting?

GradyS

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 16, 2018
North Carolina
Anyone focused on the podcast market? Not necessarily making podcasts, but offering services that support and help podcasters?

Just curious if anyone was making that work or if the time of podcasts have come and gone.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
I would say the Podcasting environment is pretty mature now.

I don't know what you could do to disrupt it or add enough value in a meaningful way.

By which I mean something that stands out enough from current services to get a large, loyal following of people willing to give you money.

RazorCut

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
Just curious if anyone was making that work or if the time of podcasts have come and gone.
Quite the contrary, I think Podcasting is here to stay and still has room from growth on a consuming level. I listen to podcasts on walks, while driving, at the gym. All the places I cannot gain knowledge (or entertainment) by viewing a screen.

Regarding making a podcast you are up against the shear volume of other casts out there so, unless you already have an audience it would be difficult to stand out from the crowd. Even if you have something unique to offer and so can gain some traction.

A bit like YouTube, Instagram and Kindle it is much easier getting a message out there in a market that isn't already saturated.

OP
OP
GradyS

GradyS

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 16, 2018
North Carolina
I would say the Podcasting environment is pretty mature now.

I don't know what you could do to disrupt it or add enough value in a meaningful way.

By which I mean something that stands out enough from current services to get a large, loyal following of people willing to give you money.
Was thinking about podcasting editing. Certain number of episodes a month, extras such as show notes, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom