The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Podcast to figure out this coronavirus thing.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Hey guys. I’m going to start a podcast to disseminate information about coronavirus. I’ve been getting blown up with emails and calls the last week. It’s all good and made me more informed. But I really want a way to share this with more people to help them be informed.

I’m interested in connecting and having coverations with people here that are under quarantine, living in other countries and their responses and perspective. Also anyone that has information to share.

I’m still sorting out what’s going on just like everyone else.

if you are interesting in sharing having a free form discussion about coronavirus or any related topic, even ideas for business in this environment, pm or respond to this thread.

if you have ideas for what you would like to hear or have discussed post here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey guys. I’m going to start a podcast to disseminate information about coronavirus. I’ve been getting blown up with emails and calls the last week. It’s all good and made me more informed. But I really want a way to share this with more people to help them be informed.

I’m interested in connecting and having coverations with people here that are under quarantine, living in other countries and their responses and perspective. Also anyone that has information to share.

if you are interesting in sharing having a free form discussion about coronavirus or any related topic, even ideas for business in this environment, pm or respond to this thread.

When I listened to Michael Osterholm on Joe Rogans podcast, he was genuinely upset with America’s inability to stock up on essentials in case something like this ever happened. Could a business be born out of that, some type of government contract?

Business ideas would be good. Best practices if you believe you DO have it, what would you be eating/meds taking/etc...

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
One thing that would be interesting to explore is the possibility of China lying about the current rate of new cases. A lot of people are claiming that china somehow has it under control, however its extremely difficult to believe the epicenter of the virus at 1.4 billion people only has 22 new cases. Especially considering they are trying to get back to full production.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
One thing that would be interesting to explore is the possibility of China lying about the current rate of new cases. A lot of people are claiming that china somehow has it under control, however its extremely difficult to believe the epicenter of the virus at 1.4 billion people only has 22 new cases. Especially considering they are trying to get back to full production.
I tend to believe what people say (yeah, I'm naive), so I believe China.

However.

Why is it a good idea to get back to the way things were? 22 new cases isn't 0. This thing started with 1 case and spread from there. Beyond that, there are thousands of new cases every day throughout the rest of the world. Seems like it would be a good idea to keep doing what they're doing until things completely die down, no? ... and if not, why not? I'd love to hear an epidemiologist talk about that.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Got some podcasting gear from guitar center. Just need to learn how to publish them.

Initially I’m hoping to have discussions with people in foreign countries that are ahead of us. I think this will be very insightful In projecting what might happen here. And also to help provide information and analysis about things as they are happening.

a secondary goal will be to talk about business or financial opportunities.

But things are happening fast, so there is a whole lot to think about and learn.

BF987678-DFA9-4337-A177-560A3BFD9160.jpeg

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
I think we will be okay. We have survived H1N1, SARS, and many others. Media loves to blow things out of proportion to obtain viewers. Remember the huge global warming crisis that made people panic or how about Y2K? It’s a virus that more people are recovering from than influenza.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I think we will be okay. We have survived H1N1, SARS, and many others. Media loves to blow things out of proportion to obtain viewers. Remember the huge global warming crisis that made people panic or how about Y2K? It’s a virus that more people are recovering from than influenza.

I agree the vast majority of Americans are positioned to survive this. But I guess it depends on what you mean by OK.

Many people will lose parents and/or grandparents. Some young people will lose a friend, colleague, partner, etc. Even though risk is low, every young person that gets sick has a risk of dying that is appears to be 10-30x flu, which seems dependent on what medical support services are available at the time they get sick.

Trillions of dollars are and will be lost - all sporting events, concerts, theme parks, universities, schools seem to be in the process of shutting down. People aren’t flying, cruising, or taking vacations.
the list goes on and on. Time will tell how deep the rabbit hole of fall out from this goes, so it really depends on what your definition of OK is. Some with think where we come out is OK based on their definition, others will not.

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
I agree the vast majority of Americans are positioned to survive this. But I guess it depends on what you mean by OK.

Many people will lose parents and/or grandparents. Some young people will lose a friend, colleague, partner, etc. Even though risk is low, every young person that gets sick has a risk of dying that is appears to be 10-30x flu, which seems dependent on what medical support services are available at the time they get sick.

Trillions of dollars are and will be lost - all sporting events, concerts, theme parks, universities, schools seem to be in the process of shutting down. People aren’t flying, cruising, or taking vacations.
the list goes on and on. Time will tell how deep the rabbit hole of fall out from this goes, so it really depends on what your definition of OK is. Some with think where we come out is OK based on their definition, others will not.
I’m not saying that there will not be any deaths or any loved ones lost. I think I would be more concerned if out of the 50,000 cases reported there were 50,000 deaths but that is not the case. I just believe that if you are not elderly or have severe medical issues that their is a high probability that one should recover.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Corona Virus is the problem (Illness)

If I have a family of five and listening to a podcast, stuck at home, I don't think I want to hear about the lies around the world. I want to know what will make my day easier stuck in the house with five people from all different age groups for maybe a month or two. The world's gossip and rumors doesn't solve my personal problem or the many dillema's during a 24 period of time.

If the cat's chasing the dog, and you have three kids climbing on furniture while dad is sick, and mom has to take care of everything or dad if mom is sick, how can you helpt them out?

If Grandma's in-home care can't make it anymore what does she do?

Ha ha! Are you really thinking about the solution to the problem, or creating more of a problem in content with mixed information on what is truth or lies.

It's nice to gossip and rumor, but in survival that shit really don't matter.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

It is possible that a lot of elderly people will die from the Coronavirus. They need to have everything ready to pass their assets on to their kids. Wills, Power of Attorney, Estate Planning, account names, passwords, business knowledge, etc. My family just went through this preparation. It is weird and grim, but it's better than not being prepared.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It is possible that a lot of elderly people will die from the Coronavirus. They need to have everything ready to pass their assets on to their kids. Wills, Power of Attorney, Estate Planning, account names, passwords, business knowledge, etc. My family just went through this preparation. It is weird and grim, but it's better than not being prepared.
The biggest population passing away is the elderly for the simple reason their immune systems are weaker, they have more medical issues before hand. Usually if they don't have all that done a social worker will work with them and the family in the process if they're at a nursing home, in-home care, or adult foster care. If they have nothing prior they better do it while their coherent immediately, or their will be major issues legally after they pass away.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think Y2K is an excellent analogy to this virus.

Home Savings Bank spent $100,000,000 fixing their Y2K problem. Had they not, their banking system would have completely stopped working Jan 1, 2000. Y2K was a non-issue because BILLIONS of dollars were spent making sure that it was fixed. In no way was the problem overblown by the media. It would have been a complete economic meltdown had we done nothing about it. Commerce would have ceased to function.

If you look at the numbers on this virus, millions of people worldwide will die, and many millions more than that will have serious medical issues if we don't take drastic measures now. People are taking drastic measures, so we will probably be fine.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Corona Virus is the problem (Illness)

If I have a family of five and listening to a podcast, stuck at home, I don't think I want to hear about the lies around the world. I want to know what will make my day easier stuck in the house with five people from all different age groups for maybe a month or two. The world's gossip and rumors doesn't solve my personal problem or the many dillema's during a 24 period of time.

If the cat's chasing the dog, and you have three kids climbing on furniture while dad is sick, and mom has to take care of everything or dad if mom is sick, how can you helpt them out?

If Grandma's in-home care can't make it anymore what does she do?

Ha ha! Are you really thinking about the solution to the problem, or creating more of a problem in content with mixed information on what is truth or lies.

It's nice to gossip and rumor, but in survival that shit really don't matter.

Agreed. If there's one thing we've learned from the COVID worldwide pandemic is that we're all just humans at the end of the day trying to survive. Regardless of bank account balance, political affiliation, ethnicity or gender.

Solutions will help!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Agreed. If there's one thing we've learned from the COVID worldwide pandemic is that we're all just humans at the end of the day trying to survive. Regardless of bank account balance, political affiliation, ethnicity or gender.

Solutions will help!
I agree. I suppose we'll all change our perception about humanity and the part we play through this situation. We all know the Event is here. It's now focusing as Entrepreneurs do on solving the problems, adapting, adjusting, and problem shooting as we go along. Most everyone in this forum knew this head of time and should know we're the one's who stay calm in the storm and come up with the product, the service, and move through the obstacles easier then the rest. As I was reminded earlier today, humanity needs leaders right now who know with certainty they can get through this situation. "Responders" in whatever shape and form we come in in all the social classes.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Got some podcasting gear from guitar center. Just need to learn how to publish them.

Initially I’m hoping to have discussions with people in foreign countries that are ahead of us. I think this will be very insightful In projecting what might happen here. And also to help provide information and analysis about things as they are happening.

a secondary goal will be to talk about business or financial opportunities.

But things are happening fast, so there is a whole lot to think about and learn.

View attachment 31047
I think app sumo have a deal on podcast.co at this moment. I have no experience with podcasts but maybe that helps!

Edit: looks like the deal may be over now

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I think app sumo have a deal on podcast.co at this moment. I have no experience with podcasts but maybe that helps!

Edit: looks like the deal may be over now

Thanks, will look into that.

Just finished the first podcast. Tried monologue style first, wow that’s hard to talk by yourself. So pulled Jackie who is in medicine to for a dialogue style, much easier. But I must say it is much harder to create that it seems. I think it’s pretty good, but definitely see ways to improve future versions

Now just need to get setup a way to publish it. Will post here how to get it for anyone interested.

anyone from Italy, Spain, Poland, South Korea, Denmark, or any place with significant infections. Would love to setup a Skype and make a podcast with you too here what’s going on There. Pm or respond here.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Ok, got our first episode up. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Thanks, will look into that.

Just finished the first podcast. Tried monologue style first, wow that’s hard to talk by yourself. So pulled Jackie who is in medicine to for a dialogue style, much easier. But I must say it is much harder to create that it seems. I think it’s pretty good, but definitely see ways to improve future versions

Now just need to get setup a way to publish it. Will post here how to get it for anyone interested.

anyone from Italy, Spain, Poland, South Korea, Denmark, or any place with significant infections. Would love to setup a Skype and make a podcast with you too here what’s going on There. Pm or respond here.

I'm from the Netherlands. They just closed gyms, all schools and restaurants/bars here. I'm up for doing a podcast.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Are you going to talk about the conspiracy part? lol

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I see episode 2, but not episode 1?

mill probably put on episode 1. Jackie was a little drunkish when we did it and didn’t know if she wanted to post it. I’ll listen to the whole thing. There was some good stuff in that one.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Just finished episode 2.

I really liked it. Very informative from your POV. I will share this with a number of friends/relatives.

I think it would be a great idea to give daily bullet points on the different protocols the major countries are inaugurating and how it is working for them.

Great Podcast voice!

Also, your subscribe button doesn't work:smile2:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Are you going to talk about the conspiracy part? lol

Happy too. Just need someone that is into that and believes it to come on. That’s not my wheelhouse.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Very informative and will be helpful to stay on top of this rapidly evolving situation.

I could hear Jackie loud and clear, but there were some times I had to strain to hear you, Gilman. Are you sitting further back from the mic than she is?

I'll be checking in for more!

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Very informative and will be helpful to stay on top of this rapidly evolving situation.

I could hear Jackie loud and clear, but there were some times I had to strain to hear you, Gilman. Are you sitting further back from the mic than she is?

I'll be checking in for more!

i am still figuring out the mixing board. Honestly this is totally new stuff to me so having to learn on the fly

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Also, your subscribe button doesn't work:smile2:

Thanks, it appears right now it’s just a generic RSS feed link. Still waiting for approval from iTunes, then I can add an iTunes link. Still figuring this all out, nice to have another project rabbit hole to occupy my time.

Just released another episode. Planning to do a guest with @Creed tomorrow to hear what’s going on over where he is.

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Hey @GIlman , love the idea of the podcast.

While physically in the states, I've been keeping an eye on the COVID19 outbreak for a while through my family and friends in Israel (my home country), and think there many interesting things we can learn from the decisions made in Israel and how the outbreak has been flattened there.

Would love to get on and discuss.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Hey @GIlman , love the idea of the podcast.

While physically in the states, I've been keeping an eye on the COVID19 outbreak for a while through my family and friends in Israel (my home country), and think there many interesting things we can learn from the decisions made in Israel and how the outbreak has been flattened there.

Would love to get on and discuss.

Sounds good. It’s actually staring to explode. 300 downloads today which for a new (18 hour old) podcast feels insane. I have guests booked through probably Wednesday , but if you have time
Thursday or Friday would love to talk to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.