The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

YOUNGRICHANDFREE

Contributor
May 2, 2020
London
I have an innovation that solves a MAJOR problem in my work industry.

In the UK alone, this crude innovation will help protect millions of construction workers from injury.

I speak from first-hand experience.

Essentially, the basis for the product already exists, I am simply innovating it.

An example: lace-less work boots.
Safety boots already exist, but how would one go about manufacturing safety boots without laces?
*this isn't my idea, just a similar analogy

For anyone who has invented or innovated a product. What was your process?

For example.
- should I seek to get a patent?
- do I seek for a manufacturer/distributor first?
- do I first create a protype and test it?
- what were the steps you hand to take from idea to launch?

Honestly, I wish this product was out there. I personally NEED it. If I don't do this I'm certain somebody else will in the future.

Thank you for your time :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
YOUNGRICHANDFREE

YOUNGRICHANDFREE

Contributor
May 2, 2020
London
^^^ if you can make it yourself, even if it's crude
You're sure there's a need?
Do your colleagues bemoan it not existing?
During my first month on the construction job, 4 injuries occurred (myself included) that's would have been completely prevented with this product.

I'm shocked it's not being sold anywhere! Very similar to Sal Paolas idea of a paintbrush cover (it was on shark tank). Not creating something new, more like a simple innovation.

Did people complain about not having somewhere to put their brushes? Or were they simply unaware of the problem?

I will try any make it myself. Because it will actually help prevent injuries at work. I genuinely need it, I'm certain my colleagues will too.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Check out Lori Greniers book, should help you out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock