The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Went from 0 $ → 500 000 $ in six months in 2023 - HAVING PROBLEMS, PLEASE HELP

Feedback

byznysmen

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 19, 2022
Hello guys,

I would really really appreciate any suggestion.

Story goes like this:

Several years ago we have started photography business with one friend. Shortly after I ended alone.

I was always terrified for so many years to have employees. Then I was making 10 000 $ dollars per month and realized one day I need to overcome this fear if I want to go to the next level.

I went to Asia to do the same business last year. Well, I went bankrupt this year. Reason? Huge cultural differences.

I came back borrowed money and said to many people that this time I know what am I doing. People thought I am nuts. Within exactly six month I have a team of 25 people and from 0 making very close to 7 figures.

I did all this only to be able to fund my dream project. I have already funds to start something. I want to go to the next level. But I have many problems in my opinion to solve.

a) I have moved from Europe to Asia. I am not fluent in the language and do not still understand deeply the culture.
b) I am lacking business basics. For example I have a cousin and she keeps repeating I need to establish branding, have a clear structure, plans, business plans etc. I did my business in punk and afterwards there are so many things to solve all the time.
c) I need to create a platform. I have a very clear idea. The problem is I am not a tech guy. People think I am crazy since I do not understand coding. I know there must be a way. The problem is what path to choose and how to know somebody trustworthy. To have a business partner is one option, second option is to outsource it.
d) I am lacking business contacts, not many friends in this country

I think I need a mentor, lot of networking, learn the langage, read books, make friends. A lot to do.

Any suggestions are highly appreaciated! Thank you for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Sorry but I can’t believe you went from $0 to $500K (you said $1M+ at first, before your edit) and you’re asking such pathetic, disorganised questions.

I’ll tell you that there are very few people on this forum, who are active on a daily basis, who have made over $500K in a year. There’s probably a handful of us, say at most 30, though that is I believe an exageration.

If you are truly at that level, then you will struggle to get meaningful advice here. I know I do. But you need to start by asking better questions. “Any suggestions” isn’t a good question.

Also, as a general remark, it’s not useful to say you made $500K as a newbie if that’s not true, the advice you’ll receive won’t be a good fit for you and you’ll waste your time. Businesses need different skills and expertise at different levels of development. “Success” in business means very different things at different levels. For you success maybe is earning a living from your business. For me, maybe it is doing less work myself and finding quality talent. And so on.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Sorry but I can’t believe you went from $0 to $500K (you said $1M+ at first, before your edit) and you’re asking such pathetic, disorganised questions.

I’ll tell you that there are very few people on this forum, who are active on a daily basis, who have made over $500K in a year. There’s probably a handful of us, say at most 30, though that is I believe an exageration.

If you are truly at that level, then you will struggle to get meaningful advice here. I know I do. But you need to start by asking better questions. “Any suggestions” isn’t a good question.

Also, as a general remark, it’s not useful to say you made $500K as a newbie if that’s not true, the advice you’ll receive won’t be a good fit for you and you’ll waste your time. Businesses need different skills and expertise at different levels of development. “Success” in business means very different things at different levels. For you success maybe is earning a living from your business. For me, maybe it is doing less work myself and finding quality talent. And so on.
Yeah, it's hard to believe.

Furthermore...

He has a friggn Trollface pfp lmfao, that's another red flag haha.

Ela

Freelance Web Developer and SEO Expert
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 21, 2022
India
Just get to the question part.

Because i dont really get what do you need from here. If you need help, put out, so people with right skill get to you.

Take your time and think abou it.

byznysmen

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 19, 2022

I counted for the whole year. I have understood that is the standard in US. Usually in Europe we count paycheck monthly. So I just doubled six months to get a year.

The whole story is true, but the point is not brag. On the contrary to ackowledge my weak points despite the high profitability. Personally I do not think it is a lot or enough.

---

"But you need to start by asking better questions. “Any suggestions” isn’t a good question."
I think you are on point. Appreciate this sentence.

1) I need a trustworthy business mentor with a proven record preferably someone with tech background and who understands Vietnamese culture. How can I find the right person?
2) I want to create a platform. What model do you recommend to somebody who is not a tech - outsource it or find a business tech partner?
3) How to network the most effectively?

---

Concerning the success I view it as following - if I can create a network, find a mentor, work harder. The result will be that in will be projected in numbers.

byznysmen

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 19, 2022
Just get to the question part.

Because i dont really get what do you need from here. If you need help, put out, so people with right skill get to you.

Take your time and think abou it.
Thank you for your feedback and taking time.

I have post questions in the previous post.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Any suggestions are highly appreaciated!

Try work on your mental clarity.

Your post goes in 30 different directions with no clear details about any of them.

You have several people above trying to help you who can't even figure out your situation.

I suggest making a clearer post with some actual business details / better structure so people can understand your situation.

If no one here even knows what you are talking about then no one can offer any advice worth taking.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
You have too much going on

Read traction by Gino Wickman

Set some goals/pillars like the book says too

Simplify your business

Stop listening to so many people

Stop trying to do a bunch of things

Stop looking for so many mentors

Just get clarity on how your business works, what your goals are, and what one thing you are going to work on for the next 3 months

Then come back here and maybe you'll be able to post something that makes enough sense that people can help you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.