The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

please help me name the web site

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
I am working on a side project, the idea is that it is going to be a kind of niche message board/classified ads website. Can somebody help me select a name for this project? I have several options in mind but it is hard to pick the good one, especially because all good domains are already picked. I don't want to publish it publicly here at this moment for several reasons, but I can share my ideas if you send me a message.
Thank you, I appreciate your help.
M

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
NengAds guarantee to be open.

bingnanxu

Take Massive Determined Action
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 16, 2019
BRO! PICK ONE YOUR SELF! If you Cant even make that simple decision like picking a domain name, how can you make a decision to change your life???

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
BRO! PICK ONE YOUR SELF! If you Cant even make that simple decision like picking a domain name, how can you make a decision to change your life???
I can pick myself, but I want somebody else opinion, like a second pair of eyes because it is the key decision which is very important for this kind of project and it will be very hard to change it in the future.

D

Deleted50669

Speaking from experience here, I'd wait on the domain name until after your site is at least half done. Otherwise you run the risk of locking yourself in to a name that may not be right, or just wasting money on one you wont use.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Speaking from experience here, I'd wait on the domain name until after your site is at least half done. Otherwise you run the risk of locking yourself in to a name that may not be right, or just wasting money on one you wont use.

It's easy to "replace all" occurences of a string on a website. It's slightly more annoying when you end up moving your hosting back and forth between domain names because you can't settle on a name.
Edit: I mean updating the nameservers linked to your domain name.

Things like that prevent real action.

Start developing.

Last edited:

kristkaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 15, 2015
Estonia
especially because all good domains are already picked.

Have you tried adding some number after the name you'd like (24, 1 or 365 for example)?

Other than that, just pick something and you always change later if necessary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.