The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pistol/Weapon market growing or decreasing?

G

Guest61835

So I found this on the news today:

To make this short and sweet, looks like the small weapon/pistol market is going to grow substantially since Walmart is no longer selling pistols/small arms anymore. This eliminates them as a competitor in this aspect and allow for gun shops or Businesses to sell that ammo and generate more sales.

Potentially good market to get into now in USA. Anyone have any thoughts? Just noticed this today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
AFAIK wal mart has never sold handguns. They sell hunting rifles and shotguns.

G

Guest61835

AFAIK wal mart has never sold handguns. They sell hunting rifles and shotguns.
At my Walmart, for the longest time they sold pistols and many weapons such as AR-15 and such. We had multiple of them till a few years back. Then finally recently in the last couple years or so, they got rid of all the hand guns at our store in my hometown. You can still buy some pistols at other Walmarts I've been too but there are almost none of them.

WHY

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 31, 2018
Connecticut
If we think of pistols and weapons they are a necessary aspect to civilization. If you want to include them into "taboos" a ton of people will always be buying them same with cigarettes, violence, etc etc. So in terms of the small market I don't think Walmart was ever "real" competition in terms of the market. As with any of these big markets getting in is all about what newer value you are bringing. I think it'd be hard to really just start off making a better glock or ammunition.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
The market is definitely growing day by day. New pistols are being released every few years with some pretty cool innovations.

About to pick up a Sig P365 myself...:smile2:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
If we think of pistols and weapons they are a necessary aspect to civilization.

A little ambiguity sprinkled on that. :)

China does not allow its citizens to posses firearms but builds up their Defense with new weapons constantly.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Potentially good market to get into now in USA. Anyone have any thoughts? Just noticed this today.

I don’t quite understand your logic. So Walmart stops selling handguns, does this mean you are going to open up a gun store? The store could not scale.

Would your only competitive advantage be that Walmart is not selling guns in your location anymore?

I just don’t see how this news would compel somebody to get into the gun business. I guess maybe if you were a bass pro shops or a Cabela’s you would see an increase in sales.

G

Guest61835

I don’t quite understand your logic. So Walmart stops selling handguns, does this mean you are going to open up a gun store? The store could not scale.

Would your only competitive advantage be that Walmart is not selling guns in your location anymore?

I just don’t see how this news would compel somebody to get into the gun business. I guess maybe if you were a bass pro shops or a Cabela’s you would see an increase in sales.
It was just a random thought I had basically. Not going to business even remotely regarding any of this. I'm starting a Web design business next week. So ya.

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
Feels like it’s growing in RI. Lots of stores have popped up in that last five years. I like it. Not everybody does. For a blue state we have some pretty lax gun laws, but I fall into the “I should be able to own a tank with a machine gun” 0.01% of voters.

I have seen one gun store close their doors, but only when another opened up on the next block. Tactical seems to be growing. We have lots of otherwise liberal shooting enthusiasts.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
The entire "tactical" community is growing.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
You can order a firearm online and have it shipped to any local dealer for a small charge (I think $25 is standard)?

As a whole, I think this market is just going to grow.

I'm going to get slightly political (if I go to far, my apologies), but only to discuss how this affects things in a business sense.

There's a growing vocal group about gun laws, but there's also growing groups of liberals that are adopting firearms. Groups like the Pink Pistols, Liberal Gun Club, and a few others have all launched or expanded heavily in recent years. After all, if you feel you are under attack, it makes sense to be armed.

In fact, they'd grow faster if so much gun business wasn't conservative. For example, one of the groups I'm in is staunchly pro-gun while also being heavily anti-NRA. So they get annoyed when businesses package their buys with NRA flyers/sign-up sheets or have their info sold to mailing lists.

This leaves a wide-open market for manufacturer or shop (accessory or otherwise) to target a group that feels lefts out when exercising their right.

This is not me taking a stand either way, and I do NOT want to hear your opinion on conservatives/liberals/the NRA/Trump/Obama or anything else.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Here in Ohio even hardcore liberals own guns.

That said, I believe its still overwhelmingly the more right learning people who spend the most on firearms and accessories.

The real profitable market thats growing is high end kydex holster makers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.